Random Thoughts....

Merry Christmas everyone!

I had to euthanize my cat yesterday. He was nearly 14 years old.

It is, as you can imagine, terrible to not have around but right now I feel ashamed of myself for not being in the same room with him when he died. I am a person who can look straight into adversity but instead I fled like a coward.

My condolences. Losing a pet isn't easy.

It is, as you can imagine, terrible to not have around but right now I feel ashamed of myself for not being in the same room with him when he died. I am a person who can look straight into adversity but instead I fled like a coward.

:cry: :comfort:

Bah humbug.

Seems like everyone on FB is either announcing their pregnancies or kid's births. I hope to hell it's not contagious!!

I'm very careful. I do not participate in such shenanigans. That should stop it happening to me.

Last edited:

:comfort: My condolences man, it's hard to lose a pet :(

Is it just me, or has it not even remotely felt like Christmas at all this year?

Ah, and so the US can officially start with the christmas merrymaking. bah.

Not just you, the world is too broken for joy right now.
It is a gazillion times better than when the cold war was on - threatened the whole planet. Having said that many more unstable regimes now have access to nuclei technology so that is in itself dangerous even if the whole world is not threatened with utter destruction.

If you are referring to personal issues then I am sorry to hear that and I hope that 2014 is better.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or has it not even remotely felt like Christmas at all this year?

Not quite. I think I have managed to avoid or ignore most of the "Yuletide being rammed down your throat since the end of August" nonsense and so when it finally did start to feel Christmassy it was a pleasant surprise.

Anyway Sassoon's Gruntings or something...