Random Thoughts....

Merry illegitimate child day everybody!

It's been Christmas for almost 11 hours here now, and I'm still sober.....this cannot stand!

Merry illegitimate child day everybody!

It's been Christmas for almost 11 hours here now, and I'm still sober.....this cannot stand!

MWF likes this.

If I know my father in law right, he will start mentioning the whole beer drinking thing in... around 2 hours. It's time to start preparing for the assault of the winter ales.

It is a gazillion times better than when the cold war was on - threatened the whole planet. Having said that many more unstable regimes now have access to nuclei technology so that is in itself dangerous even if the whole world is not threatened with utter destruction.

If you are referring to personal issues then I am sorry to hear that and I hope that 2014 is better.

Thank you, I hope it is too.

Sadly, someone in my family likes to listen to a heartsy-fartsy radio station, the kind of thing you'd only ever associate with lonely housewives. The reasoning is "I tolerate that for the occasional classic they play." Well, I try my best not to judge. But I've just heard them playing a translated (into German) version of "Way Back Into Love":

So they've taken a mock heartsy-fartsy-heap-of-shite song from a RomCom that pokes fun at this very kind of music, translated it, hired a pair of wannabe singers, recorded it and decided to play it in all seriousness (that radio station is about as devoid of humour as socks in sandals) on Christmas Day... sort of difficult not to judge them for that.

Now up: a cover of "All I Want for Christmas". Pleeease kill me! NOW!!!

Sadly, someone in my family likes to listen to a heartsy-fartsy radio station, the kind of thing you'd only ever associate with lonely housewives. The reasoning is "I tolerate that for the occasional classic they play." Well, I try my best not to judge. But I've just heard them playing a translated (into German) version of "Way Back Into Love":
So they've taken a mock heartsy-fartsy-heap-of-shite song from a RomCom that pokes fun at this very kind of music, translated it, hired a pair of wannabe singers, recorded it and decided to play it in all seriousness (that radio station is about as devoid of humour as socks in sandals) on Christmas Day... sort of difficult not to judge them for that.
Now up: a cover of "All I Want for Christmas". Pleeease kill me! NOW!!!

It could be worse, it could ALWAYS be worse.

[video=youtube;bC-q0PZ_YO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC-q0PZ_YO4&list=ALBTKoXRg38BCWRARtxLowfLTDwXPaBtGG&pxtry=1[/video]

:p

Is it just me, or has it not even remotely felt like Christmas at all this year?

Even though in recent years I started enjoying it more now that I have a kid, last night felt particularly dull and boring.
I just could not get into the spirit. It was just a "hey, look. Food and family." People getting all touchy-feely just made me uncomfortable and I felt like just firing up GT6 instead of socializing. :(

/end Christmas rant

Is it just me, or has it not even remotely felt like Christmas at all this year?
Now that you say it.... but I like that.

Due to my grandparents not attending, we had the most relaxed Christmas Eve in years. And today I'm just relaxing, probably enjoying one of the movies I got as a present, and miraculously not feeling lonely. :)

Now that there isn't much of my family left, it's not very Christmassy here. We used to get up early, get dressed up for the day and go to my Grandparents for lunch, and have maybe 12 or so people around, then open presents after a baked lunch.
Once my Grandmother died, Christmas moved to our place, and we still had 6 people for lunch and 8 for dinner. Over the last 7 years that number is now down to 3 for lunch and 5 for dinner, when mum's brother and wife come over. He hasn't been too well of late, he's 70 and had a mini stroke at work a few months ago. He's got a few other issues, and I think once he goes, my Aunt won't bother coming over here any more.
Lunch this year was cold meat and salad, didn't bother with opening any presents until after dinner. Most of the day was just a normal day for us. Dad on the lounge watching tv, me in my room, having a nap. Pretty boring really. Christmas is only going to get smaller for me.

I've been sick the whole week, so I'm finishing my 1/100 MG Epyon, Gunpla ???? .
8491_542843035753721_314043197_n.jpg

So far finished the body.

9 hours after Christmas lunch, the paper party hat is still firmly in place and I have outlasted the others by at least 6 hours. This truly is the most comfortable paper hat I've ever had.

This has been the least Christmassy Christmas I can remember. Work is usually a bit of a laugh on Christmas, mostly 'cause it's double play so people have less reason to hate their existence, but this year it was just "meh".

Probably didn't help that I couldn't sleep last night, at all. So when I got home from work I immediately collapsed onto the sofa and fell asleep, still wearing my boots, coat and gloves! :lol: Christmas dinner was alright though, I'm pretty damn stuffed...

:dunno:

I haven't felt that childish sense of Christmas for many years now. It just feels like a glorified meal followed by opening presents for me. The rest of the day feels pretty normal. I didn't even wear anything special this year. My favourite part of Christmas is probably to meet a couple of people in my family who I barely see once or twice a year.

Last edited:
TIL how to tie my shoes the right way...