Random Thoughts....

TIL how to tie my shoes the right way...

ah, so you saw that video which tells you you've been doing it wrong all these years because the tie lines up a certain way when you pull on the shoe's end? :D i'm still tying my shoes the wrong way because i can't possibly be bothered to change my habits.

i don't know why everyone's complaining about christmas not feeling chistmassy enough. i NEVER get the feeling, i don't even know what you people mean. suddenly it's the end of december and i go over to my parents for two days to have raclette and sit around a lot eating even more. it doesn't feel much different to a regular weekend really, except i usually don't stay overnight and the tree in that particularly position is bigger and sparklier than usual. ok, there are presents and such like, but i don't really focus on that stuff much anymore since my dad had his aortic dissection 3 years ago. it's nice and all, but who cares, really :dunno:

Never really enjoyed Christmas. I don't like the idea of forced togetherness. Honestly, I enjoy Halloween more.

I had to euthanize my cat yesterday. He was nearly 14 years old.

It is, as you can imagine, terrible to not have around but right now I feel ashamed of myself for not being in the same room with him when he died. I am a person who can look straight into adversity but instead I fled like a coward.
Do not feel bad, I know you had that done in the best interests of your cat - you would never do anything to harm pets yours or someone else's. I am sorry that your pet has died, I felt bad when I had to have my poor dog (See Avatar) put down and I miss him terribly.

Cat making loud noise outside not allowing you to sleep - throw water over it is OK, chucking a brick at it not OK.

Never really enjoyed Christmas. I don't like the idea of forced togetherness. Honestly, I enjoy Halloween more.

I'd much rather spend the holidays with friends and my "chosen family", if you will. Those who I love like family but aren't biological family. But then that makes you weird and the real family chastises you for it.

Weird? Well yes, putting up with people you really can not stand and just happen to be related is a test of fortitude and builds character. (My mother in law is my Nemesis).

I've always said- Christmas is a time for getting together with your family and reminding yourself of why you don't get together with them for the rest of the year.
:lol:

Once again I find myself at O'Hare. A car review should follow this evening. Rental place says "Chevy Spark or similar." I kind of hope for a Fiat.

Hm, I honestly didn't get into the Christmas spirit until we watched the Doctor Who Christmas special (*sniff*)... but that's because this year has been especially hectic with parts of the house torn apart and the out of country travel in a few days.

It's alright though - next week is New Years. Let the drinking begin!

Got the Downton Abbey and Doctor Who Christmas Specials downloaded. But first: Tatort, because Germany.

Reactions: MWF
I've always said- Christmas is a time for getting together with your family and reminding yourself of why you don't get together with them for the rest of the year.

Who needs or wants to be reminded?

Get a sober, close and personal friend to do it - perhaps later you could pay them back, in kind. ...

Yes!

ah, so you saw that video which tells you you've been doing it wrong all these years because the tie lines up a certain way when you pull on the shoe's end? :D i'm still tying my shoes the wrong way because i can't possibly be bothered to change my habits.:

Yep! It's gonna be hard to change, I'm so used to doing the double bunny ears that all the kids here are supposedly taught. My dad did it the right way (being that he was in the army training group), but I could never understand the geometry of it, he did it too fast for me when I was a kid.

Did someone named Ian teach you?

Nope, her name was You Tube surprisingly. It came from a ted talk.

Random here, but I found this coin that had what I presume is Jesus on both sides. Looks like this:

We're not Christian so we have no idea how we got it (maybe Jesus gave it himself), but I'm wondering if this is something special or if it's something that belongs to a church or if put this coin into a certain vending machine will I enter into the illuminati temple? Anyone have any ideas?

Ian

As for the coin, I'd guess some angel, dunno which one, but I don't think bebby jeezus ever had wings.

So worth it coming to work for for one day. Fridays are always slow but followed by xmas it's super slow. It's now 9:38, I've been here wince 8:00 and I've done nothing...except drink coffee. This'll be one long day...

Going into work today made me feel like Denzel Washington in the Book of Eli or Will Smith in I am Legend. Only with still functioning public transport. I've actually been doing stuff though, since I am doing the work of three. Well I was, I just ran out since I'm here now.

Hi!

Last edited: