Random Thoughts....

So worth it coming to work for for one day. Fridays are always slow but followed by xmas it's super slow. It's now 9:38, I've been here wince 8:00 and I've done nothing...except drink coffee. This'll be one long day...

I've been here since 9 and apart from helping some colleagues take down the Christmas decorations I have done precisely no work at all. Coffee, Deer Hunter 2014 and 8 Ball Pool on my phone, Scrabble on Facebook, read every single page of BBC News, bemoaned how quiet this place is and exchanged small talk with the other poor unfortunates in the office. Server has been down for maintenance this morning and now I am waiting for a colleague to do some other work first then I might have an hour or so to do something constructive and justify my salary.

All I can say is thank f**k I finish at 3pm on the days between Christmas and New Year.

Thank fuck for Christmas/New Year company shutdown. No work after Christmas Eve and before the 2nd. :)

In other news we've got tickets for Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds at the O2 next December :D With Liam Neeson as the Journalist... :hmm: :lol:

In other news we've got tickets for Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds at the O2 next December :D With Liam Neeson as the Journalist... :hmm: :lol:

Nice! :thumbsup:
.. and Liam Neeson will work, I reckon.

Random here, but I found this coin that had what I presume is Jesus on both sides. Looks like this:

We're not Christian so we have no idea how we got it (maybe Jesus gave it himself), but I'm wondering if this is something special or if it's something that belongs to a church or if put this coin into a certain vending machine will I enter into the illuminati temple? Anyone have any ideas?

It has no writing on it?

.. and is it the same on both sides?
.. and how big is it?

As for the coin, I'd guess some angel, dunno which one, but I don't think bebby jeezus ever had wings.

I agree and my guess would be South American, it looks very ornate and possibly in the Baroque style, which I believe is common in many old churches.

We do like a mystery on FG.

:think:

I now have fresh meat feast pizza and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon and I'm going home in a little over an hour. :dance:

EDIT: Food coma in 3...2... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
If it's food-posting time, I've just cooked myself (and eaten) a healthy portion of mushroom stew, will be building myself a pizza tomorrow from the ground up. :)

And since I'm living on my own now, those dishes won't do themselves, so I have to keep them spotless. :lol:

^weirdly I cannot wait to move out so I can put my dishes in the dishwasher WITHOUT rinsing them spotless before loading. I can't stand that I have to do that.

I know that some stuff has to be rinsed but, my milk glass, bowl for cereal, plate from dinner(so long as there's no chunks of food on it) does not need to. Baked on stuff needs to be soaked or just washed by hand.

I've been here since 9 and apart from helping some colleagues take down the Christmas decorations I have done precisely no work at all. Coffee, Deer Hunter 2014 and 8 Ball Pool on my phone, Scrabble on Facebook, read every single page of BBC News, bemoaned how quiet this place is and exchanged small talk with the other poor unfortunates in the office. Server has been down for maintenance this morning and now I am waiting for a colleague to do some other work first then I might have an hour or so to do something constructive and justify my salary.

All I can say is thank f**k I finish at 3pm on the days between Christmas and New Year.
I ended up doing nothing for almost half the day. I feared that my phone would run out of battery way before I get anything productive to do. Internet gets pretty boring after the first hour of going through the usual pages. :D

Normal day for me, actually busier than usual because of the snow in the past week and we are getting collision orders. One small body shop in a very small town has six Nissans in for repair. That is pretty unusual.

^weirdly I cannot wait to move out so I can put my dishes in the dishwasher WITHOUT rinsing them spotless before loading. I can't stand that I have to do that.

I know that some stuff has to be rinsed but, my milk glass, bowl for cereal, plate from dinner(so long as there's no chunks of food on it) does not need to. Baked on stuff needs to be soaked or just washed by hand.

My current dishwasher has two hands, a sponge and just typed this post. :lol:

I simply don't have enough cutlery/crockery to use a dishwasher. Unless I always ran it 1/4 full... Quicker and easier just to do it directly after eating.

Also my house doesn't have a dishwasher...

Pots and pans don't really fit into the dish washer (or are non-stick/cast iron), so they get washed by hand, beyond that, living the life of a bachelor, so only maxing out at 2 plates and bowls at a time. I feel bad running the dishwasher with that load.

It has no writing on it?

Nope

Ian

As for the coin, I'd guess some angel, dunno which one, but I don't think bebby jeezus ever had wings.

It is indeed an angel. Googling 'angel coin' gives us the same thing. Apparently it's a medal or something, not a coin. Weird

My current dishwasher has two hands, a sponge and just typed this post. :lol:

Ok, did you seriously just type this post with your
DicLogo.jpg

This page needs more bunneh.

941471_339642419472227_1881902194_n.jpg

So I was at a store and this started playing

I'd like to think it was done on purpose

Side note: That song is classy as fuck.

Last edited: