Random Thoughts....

Had some really interesting training yesterday on the sale and use of Automated External Defibrillators. Some of the facts and figures that accompanied it are quite staggering.

250 people a day die of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in the UK alone. 12 of those will be children.
Survival without intervention is less than 10 minutes, about the time emergency services normally take to arrive.
Without any intervention your survival chances are 5%. With CPR and the use of a defibrillator that rises to 74%.

If your employer/place of education doesn't have one then pester them until they do. They are already required by law in some countries but not here yet or in many other civilised nations.

I got "forced" earlier by my sisters 6 year old kid to watch movies with him tomorrow. "It's something good with dragons!" was his words before he slammed down the phone, nothing more needed to be said apparently. :lol:

Well, duh. You've been told that it's good. And on top of that, you get dragons? What could go wrong?

So the guy I work with is leaving on Friday. And his replacement isn't arriving for another 3 weeks (and is amusingly coming from the company he is going to).

Basically for the next 3 weeks I am the UK aerodynamics department of a company that makes ~300,000 cars a year... :|

Basically for the next 3 weeks I am the UK aerodynamics department of a company that makes ~300,000 cars a year... :|

You'll be fine. Just remember, it's all about sharks and dolphins. Also they have been lying to you for years, gaping mouths are aerodynamic.

Yeah, no pressure. On you, that is; the pressure on the cars is pretty important.

So the guy I work with is leaving on Friday. And his replacement isn't arriving for another 3 weeks (and is amusingly coming from the company he is going to).

That's somewhat cool.

That's somewhat cool.

No, really, it isn't. Dave was not born to do aerodynamics. He's a bright, funny and handsome young chap but he does have these airbrakes on each side of his head.....

No, really, it isn't. Dave was not born to do aerodynamics. He's a bright, funny and handsome young chap but he does have these airbrakes on each side of his head.....

In context, I was trained in aerodynamics, built the aerodynamics package for my school's racecar and now I work in finance.

Nows your chance for real success!
Homer-Simpson-car-21638.jpg

I got "forced" earlier by my sisters 6 year old kid to watch movies with him tomorrow. "It's something good with dragons!" was his words before he slammed down the phone, nothing more needed to be said apparently. :lol:
Game Of Thrones? :p

can anyone explain where this crazy fandom around Natalia Poklonskaya comes from ? :blink: I mean she's 33 and a general in the military, which is impressive i guess. But do i miss something else ? :?

can anyone explain where this crazy fandom around Natalia Poklonskaya comes from ? :blink: I mean she's 33 and a general in the military, which is impressive i guess. But do i miss something else ? :?
She's hot.

EDIT:
BjARyirCEAAoa-k.jpg:medium

Last edited: