Random Thoughts....

Oh I hear it. I'm just putting ear plugs in.

I can't leave the car and boat at the marina because it's really a service, store and launch type.

As an liberal intellectual, I enjoy watching arthouse movies that deal with pressing issues of society in a serious way. So now, I am going to watch Con Air.

Don't tell Al Gore.

As an liberal intellectual, I enjoy watching arthouse movies that deal with pressing issues of society in a serious way. So now, I am going to watch Con Air.

Put the bunny back in the box.

I'd watch it just for that Southern accent.

Last edited:
PUT THAT BUNNY BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM!

How many dress shirts is considered enough or too many? Flying to Tuscon later this week so I spent the better part of this weekend being much more anal about cleaning up the apartment than normal and doing *all* the laundry so I would have a nice clean place to come back to. In any case, I seem to have accumulated more dress shirts than I thought I had since the last time I had them all washed and hanging up at the same time. Probably time to go through and cull some of the ones I don't wear. Almost time to buy more hangers otherwise :?

Have a crappy "panorama".

I have two that fit...neither are particularly dressy.

I have enough for 5 days of work and the rest sort of don't fit right (XL shirt isn't the same size between companies, fuck me right?) so, I don't wear those unless I don't do laundry. Plus, I don't get anything particularly nice because I get called to a job site when I least expect it.

How many dress shirts is considered enough or too many?

For me, a "dress shirt" is a shirt worn to a formal (i.e. either black- or white-tie) dinner, so when I saw your photo my bewhiskered jaw nearly hit the ground. I have about the same number of what you call "dress shirts" as you, so I wouldn't say you have too many.

Like friends or indeed most items of clothing, I find 2 is sufficient.

I have two dedicated "formal" shirts (one too many) that I wear to weddings - those are the only occasions when a white shirt is acceptable. And somewhere between eight and ten "normal" dress shirts for everyday life including work. I could use some more, but additional ones would look like the ones I already have anyway.

I have two plain white shirts, both are oil stained in various places... Everything else is either a crappy check shirt for work or violently floral patterned...

I have 10 or so white button-down shirts. Linen, casual, semi-formal, and formal. Admittedly I have a pretty tremendous amount of clothing in general, but it's still a lot of just white shirts.

I fucking love linen button-downs in the summertime. I have like 6 of them.

I have that same closet shelf system. I hate it...the hangers just don't "glide" like I want them to. :p

I have about 10 long sleeves, 10 short sleeves, 15 polos and 3 outerwear T-shirts.

My cousin has just attempted suicide. This is now my 4th relative (3 cousins, and an uncle) to try. I used to baby sit him when we were both younger.

So, not only do i come from a family of quitters...we're also bad at it.*

*Yes, i realize that all of these were likely more like severe cries for help than actual bonafide attempts...

We all thought it was that his GF left him that tipped him over the edge. Turns out that the main driving factors have been money troubles after medical bills. The straw that broke the camel's back was when his check to the bankruptcy lawer "bounced."

A retarded reason, for sure. Worst comes to worst, it's embarrassing to go belly-up and have to move in with family...but that's it. We've got a large family, and many of us are quite close, so it's not too terrible, being what it is.

Last edited:
My brother had to do that a couple years ago. I still can't imagine having to make that phone call. :/

So, across the street from my office, the local gas company decided to do a "Controlled flare."

11247881_10153436526903653_1638450732_o.jpg

Last edited: