Random Thoughts....

Sit rep: It's hot outside but tolerable inside. Too hot for BBQ, though...

18789500933_247af01e1a.jpg

And by this moment, I hear distant sound of thunder...

Shame. It's 24C here. :D

You are welcome to come get some of our rain. It's been a bad year for the stuff here.

It had stopped, but now it's started up a bit again. I am of the mind to cancel the damned race and take the whole weekend off...

DO EET!

Has fun if you do.

But... Money.

Last edited:
Someone should start a website called "Diggit." Digg was basically the same thing about 9 years ago as reddit.

[video=youtube;V-OYKd8SVrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-OYKd8SVrI[/video]

You do know he gets shot in about 30 seconds...

Congratulations, well deserved :)

So, we bought a new faucet for our kitchen. Our old one didn't have a sprayer, and it was leaky anyways...plus, it didn't come out far enough, so we were always splashing the backsplash...plus we thought it was a bit ugly. Picked up a Grohe, because "she" is an interior designer, and couldn't find a faucet she liked from anyone else. $600 later...

When pulling out the old faucet, I noticed a weight on the water line. "Wait a minute", I thought..."why would this need a weight if it didn't have a pullout sprayer?" So, I gave it a hard, twisting crank...and sure enough, a sprayer popped out. "Facepalm." In our defense, it wasn't easy to do, and the removal mechanism's appearance almost doesn't look finished.

After reading through the instructions, I noticed that there wasn't any information in where we are supposed to put the included lubricant. Hmm...

In deciding which way we wanted the handle to face, I had to slide the spout on and off. Turns out, this action twice on a couple of small o-rings was enough to shred the dry o-rings inside this spout sleeve (which, best guess, is likely where this lubricant was supposed to go...), and now I can't finish the install, because I need a new o-ring and every hardware store is already closed.

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well, still a productive day. Replaced/reinforced/sistered a bunch of studs in the garage where our EV charger is going to go next Friday...and found a new decent sandwich place.

So, we bought a new faucet for our kitchen. Our old one didn't have a sprayer, and it was leaky anyways...plus, it didn't come out far enough, so we were always splashing the backsplash...plus we thought it was a bit ugly. Picked up a Grohe, because "she" is an interior designer, and couldn't find a faucet she liked from anyone else. $600 later...

When pulling out the old faucet, I noticed a weight on the water line. "Wait a minute", I thought..."why would this need a weight if it didn't have a pullout sprayer?" So, I gave it a hard, twisting crank...and sure enough, a sprayer popped out. "Facepalm." In our defense, it wasn't easy to do, and the removal mechanism's appearance almost doesn't look finished.

After reading through the instructions, I noticed that there wasn't any information in where we are supposed to put the included lubricant. Hmm...

In deciding which way we wanted the handle to face, I had to slide the spout on and off. Turns out, this action twice on a couple of small o-rings was enough to shred the dry o-rings inside this spout sleeve (which, best guess, is likely where this lubricant was supposed to go...), and now I can't finish the install, because I need a new o-ring and every hardware store is already closed.

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

$600 for a new faucet and it still uses O-rings? For that much it should have the ceramic discs for that much.

$600 for a new faucet and it still uses O-rings? For that much it should have the ceramic discs for that much.
Isn't it quite common for one purchase of that kind to result in several others? E.g.: new tap/faucet is too small for the old hole (restrain yourselves), spacer plates or similar are not an option and voil?, there's a new countertop coming.

Random Thoughts....

Just fill the hole with more puddy and call it good.