Random Thoughts....

Wonder how much it would cost to make myself a mousepad out of carbon fibre. Like, molded on a piece of wood or metal. I don't know the first thing about using the resins and stuff but it can't be very complicated right?

Pretty cheap. If you can work fiber glass, you should be able to do carbon fiber. here's a kit that I found with a quick search on amazon that includes epoxy.

Basically, a plastic bag, some tape, some paper towel, and a wine vacuum sealer (or a bike pump or anything low volume high pressure) should get you to where you need to be.

If you really want to be lazy about it, since you're just doing a flat piece, you could probably get away with using a couple heavy books/clamps and doing a sandwich. Or find some pre-peg or a cut of a complete board. I think CF gets a bit of a reputation for being difficult, but it doesn't have to be...

to be brutaslly honest... making a mouse pad out of CF doesnt make any bit of sense to me... unless you want ther chavtastic look of the thing. but then you might just go for some fake foil kind of thing :dunno:

I've got a leather mouse pad that is for Wilson footballs. That can be checked because Wilson's imprinting of the football bumps also has little W's printed randomly throughout the pattern. I have connections. :p

:lol: Pffft. That's at least 2 or 3 times a month for me. Many of these are people with masters degrees. :p

My dad took until the age of 51 to figure it out

Wonder how much it would cost to make myself a mousepad out of carbon fibre. Like, molded on a piece of wood or metal. I don't know the first thing about using the resins and stuff but it can't be very complicated right?

http://store.carbonfibergear.com/carbon-fiber-mousepad?gclid=CPLrm4-UysYCFY4AaQod00UGag
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber-Mouse-Pad-Real-Carbon-Fiber-Twill-Plain-/170590442059

Probably about a wash when you look at the cost of materials, getting set up, etc., etc.

Last edited:
I'm more zero emissions than that Chevy.

:D

I thought dihydrogen monoxide was deadly! Why do y'all drink it willingly? Y'all gonna die now! Oh god!

I feel you there. We have had cool temperatures and rain the last three days. However the next week shows 90f (~32c) and sunny. You know with the rain we've had it'll be steamy. I shouldn't complain though. It can easily be 100f this time if year.

Last edited:
I feel you there. We have had cool temperatures and rain the last three days. However the next week shows 90f (~32c) and sunny. You know with the rain we've had it'll be steamy. I shouldn't complain though. It can easily be 100f this time if year.

Yeah it's been unseasonably cool here also, but we're going to be back at 100 by Monday.