Random Thoughts....

Huh? Google Maps totally gives turn-by-turn walking directions.

Not on *his* Faildroid, I bet. :evil:
It does but it didn't seem to work if I had a distance to cover. It did when I had to walk maybe 2 blocks?

Other fun things - the transit app crashed multiple times, raising my blood pressure and anxiety.

I also have a goddamn battery pack that I had to attach to it cause it reached 5 percent waiting for uber. So that's nice, holding onto two things at once.

Last edited:
I've never had walking turn-by-turn work for my on Gmaps. It never seems to know which way I'm facing. I'll be standing at an intersection, and I'll get 20 vibration notifications as the map spins around me (on iPhone 4, iPhone 5C, iPhone 6 and my new Samsung Note 5, just tried it this morning)

Random Thoughts....

Turn by turn walking nav works fine for me on googlemaps :dunno:. Even dims the music I'm listening to, tells me where to go, then cranks it back up again....

All out of the box, automagically. And 'faildroid'

Yup, not a problem for me either. Also once I've moved a few meter it'll pick up which direction I'm facing easily.

Some observations so far:

There are parts of Newark that are absolutely great looking.

Cities aren't made for fat people, walking to Penn station worked up a sweat. To be fair I got lost- Google nor any of the transit apps give turn by turn walking navigation.

I had to use the phones compass like a rube.

Its way too easy to buy the wrong train ticket. I learned that the hard way.

latest

I have to add as well: of you need turn by turn directions walking somewhere... Are you James May? Sure it's convenient, but if it doesn't work just look at the map without directions and make your own way ffs.

I fucking hate April Fools Day and I'm glad it is over.

I have to add as well: of you need turn by turn directions walking somewhere... Are you James May? Sure it's convenient, but if it doesn't work just look at the map without directions and make your own way ffs.

Using the compass to follow the map was easy, it's just ridiculous in this age of advanced technologies.

Buying the wrong ticket wasnt me just picking the wrong destination or something.

The ticket machines for the path train for world trade center (the one I needed) were on a totally different and unmarked floor than where I was with all the other NJ Transit ticket machines.

It didn't help that I was running late for a reddit meet up I was trying to catch.

He makes James May look like Chuck Norris, Edmund Hillary, and Indiana Jones rolled into one.

:rofl:

Had some bad news from my best mate, his mother may have had a stroke. Waiting on an update they're on the way to hospital now.

Or, just watch the blue dot, if you move away from the direction you're supposed to, turn around.

Not on *his* Faildroid, I bet. :evil:

faildroid? am i missing something here?

Did Apple start having maps that didn't invent new places, or put entire cities under water?
or did Google Maps start doing it instead of Apple now?

Nope, it's just that Spectre prefers Apple. Which I find surprising actually.

More to the point, Rick bought a Nexus 5 with which he has had much problems in general (it doesn't want to make phone calls) and had reported problems specifically that day - unable to take pictures, etc.

More to the point, Rick bought a Nexus 5 with which he has had much problems in general (it doesn't want to make phone calls) and had reported problems specifically that day - unable to take pictures, etc.

Ironically, my AT&T LTE signal here has been terrific. I've never seen it actually with full bars for more than a few minutes before.

Here? Full bars, all the time even in a building (which is usually terrible when I'm at work deep in the Faraday Cage known as a school building.)

Last edited:
Random Thoughts....

*power goes out.*

Hmm, I should get a small backup generator since the power goes out when the wind is above 30mph.

Nah, it's only been out for no more than 6 hours so far I've lived here. Despite the homeowners around me saying its been out for a week before.

Hmm, good point.

*goes online to look at backup generators*

That seems expensive for "in case of." Better not.

It's starting to get cold in here.

*drives to home center.*

Oh look a power company truck. Driving toward my town.

*gets home with shiny new generator.*

*cursing while putting the stupid wheels on.*

*sees the carton of oil and realizes funnels are in the garage. Also remembers that the side access door is blocked by crap in the garage.*

Oh yeah, I have empty water bottles in the kitchen.

*filling motor with oil and hears the refrigerator turn on.*

Fuck.

Welcome to my Saturday.

I know it runs because I opened to garage and filled it with gas just to make sure.

Speaking of generators, why are Honda's so much more expensive?

Last edited:
Random Thoughts....

The motors and gen-sets are considered the best in the small generator category. As in, 'you will wear out and discard three to five other generators before this one shows the first signs of wear.'

Last edited:
Sometimes I question my sanity when making what should be straightforward purchases. $300 custom frame for instance. It's framing a portrait that cost me $7.96 to get printed. I don't know whether Sams Club just seriously under charges for large format prints or the framing sales girl is just very sneaky at choosing the more expensive frame and matting options. It's going to look good in any case. :lol:

Sometimes I question my sanity when making what should be straightforward purchases. $300 custom frame for instance. It's framing a portrait that cost me $7.96 to get printed. I don't know whether Sams Club just seriously under charges for large format prints or the framing sales girl is just very sneaky at choosing the more expensive frame and matting options. It's going to look good in any case. :lol:

Framing is expensive.

I bought 4 pictures of the N?rburgring and the framing cost almost twice as much as the prints. :dunno: