Random Thoughts....

I'm going to email (it's CL so no phone number) about a apartment tomorrow.

http://york.craigslist.org/apa/5682303991.html

It looks promising. The price is certainly right.

But it's a hour drive to and from work. Luckily not on like I-83 or Route 30, but it's still something to consider.

There is another place for rent that is only 20 to 30 min away from work but I don't like it as much + it appears to simply be a add-on to someone else's single family home. I'd rather not live with my landlord.

Hopefully I'll be able to set up a appointment to view soon enough. It's time for me to move and I cannot wait - sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind and see what happens, else you'll be trapped forever.

(...) I'd rather not live with my landlord.

Probably depends on the landlord. Mine lives in the house next to me, which means if there is a problem with my flat he's there in like a minute. And he totally respects my privacy, in one year he came by without notice a total of one times (and on that occasion he just wanted to invite me to a festival, he didn't need to enter the flat or anything like that). Apart from that he always texts a couple of days ahead if he needs to come by for something. Also his wife and kids are pretty nice as well. So I have no problem running into them and having a small chat. However, while looking for flats I've also had contact with a couple of landlords which would be "meh" to run into on a constant basis, so I can kinda see why you wouldn't necessarily want to live close to those.

As somebody who has done an hour drive to and from work, no thanks. There are other places closer.

Apart from the government problems DanRoM pointed out, Poland's nice. Meat-focused cuisine, great local beers, rampant catholicism. What's not to like?

I'm damned near a vegetarian at this point, I don't drink much beer and I'm an atheist....

Last edited:
For God's sake man ! why? You must be near death.....

I've lost 40 pounds by cutting out most of the meat in my diet (pretty much every meal). I still eat meat, I have no ethical problems with eating meat. One of my favorite things is a nice slowly smoked brisket or Boston Butt that gets turned into pulled pork. It is now just an occasional thing that makes it even better. I also like beer, it's just that I don't drink much.

Basically I've gone from a fat fuck, to a chubby fuck. :)

OOH. CHUBBEH!:lol:

You've lost 40 pounds by cutting out protein?!?

I was at a school, they had a poster for some charity... LGBTQ

Lesbian ok
Gay ok
Bisexual ok
Transexual ok, everything seems normal so far.
Questioning.... Hmmmm.

There are still some that identify as "queer"....

How do you stop a garage from raining dust?

For various reason (work, travel, travel for work) I haven't driven my Mustang in 2 weeks. It now looks like this:

Finger swipe for emphasis
HihOe1A.jpg

Q5QOUjc.jpg

2 WEEKS! That looks more like 2 years worth of dust. My old apartment's garage didn't dust nearly this much when I stored my car for a whole winter. Hell, even the storage unit I used for 6 months while I lived in Kentucky didn't dust this much.

Short of hanging a plastic canopy over my car, I've tried everything - washing the ceiling, sweeping the walls, etc.

Last edited:
How do you stop a garage from raining dust?

For various reason (work, travel, travel for work) I haven't driven my Mustang in 2 weeks. It now looks like this:

Finger swipe for emphasis

2 WEEKS! That looks more like 2 years worth of dust. My old apartment's garage didn't dust nearly this much when I stored my car for a whole winter. Hell, even the storage unit I used for 6 months while I lived in Kentucky didn't dust this much.

Short of hanging a plastic canopy over my car, I've tried everything - washing the ceiling, sweeping the walls, etc.

My garage is the same way. So much dust after sitting in the garage for such a short time. I gave up trying to figure it out.

Perhaps a poor man's air cleaner (box fan and furnace filter)?

Build a house not from wood and paper? :dunno:

My old apartment was built out of wood and paper too. As is my parents' house. And neither dust so much.

My garage is the same way. So much dust after sitting in the garage for such a short time. I gave up trying to figure it out.

Hmmm. I found a 10 foot by 25 foot by 6mil plastic sheet on Amazon for $14. I think I'll try to hang it up under my ceiling and cut out openings for the garage door opener and tracks.

That or buy these thin plastic covers in bulk. I used one of those last winter and it was pretty good.