Random Thoughts....

Not helping your case again there....

This entire conversation makes me want to puke.....

'premium' pillows? 'Poetry'? 'Fucking wierd hug puppets' ?

That crap is why the world is populated by overly sensitive, limp wristed little pushover metrosexuals afraid of their own fucking shadow. We are fucking doomed.
Hey now, you think I WANT to spend more than 15 bucks on a pillow, or normally give a fuck about such things like "firmness quotient" or " side sleeper memory foam support pockets!"?

Fuck no.

The only reason I'm doing this is to hopefully alleviate the intense sleep disrupting neck pain and stiffness that happens when I lie on my current pillow.

Oh come on Cowboy, not everyone needs to be a two dimensional character. And you know it since even you aren't like that. People are complex un-fucking-fortunately. And I don't want to take this discussion to a serious tone since I believe it didn't start like that. Also, here's a haiku to compensate for the poetry

Doomsday soon follows
We?ll revel in plagues and war
Bring it, Four Horsemen!

Hey now, you think I WANT to spend more than 15 bucks on a pillow, or normally give a fuck about such things like "firmness quotient" or " side sleeper memory foam support pockets!"?

Fuck no.

The only reason I'm doing this is to hopefully alleviate the intense sleep disrupting neck pain and stiffness that happens when I lie on my current pillow.

Dude, just get an Ikea pillow and be done with it. You can try out the different kinds in the store if you want...

Ikea stopped selling GOSA for some reason. I love my GOSA-pillow. Do as the noodly man says.

Dude, just get an Ikea pillow and be done with it. You can try out the different kinds in the store if you want...

Free lice for everyone!

Decided I want a Rooma because I hate vacuuming my apartment. Went on Amazon, was not expecting those prices - the cheapest model is currently on sale for $325 ($900 for the most expensive). Decided I don't want a Roomba.

They had pansies then to didn't they? Difference is that these days it seems to have become the accepted norm....

21 year old entiteld hipster millenials who can't hammer a nail into a wall to save their lives, neither do they have any intention of learning how to, or anything else, anywhere, ever, because they are all so fucking apathic they might as well be dead.... it gets me fucking livid.

Make a youtube video of an adorable twink, with background ukulele & xylophone music, talking about a "life hack" where you use a hammer (normally reserved for distressing milk paint painted reclaimed pallet wood shelving) to drive a nail (normally reserved for use as a quirky filler for decorative antique glass jars of varying sizes for inexplicably-doorless bathroom medicine cabinets), into a wall, and then proceed to tell folks about how great their Casper mattress is, or how great they think Audible.com is...oh and don't forget to include verbiage to "like and subscribe and support [them] on Patreon". Don't forget to leave out any actual real and important information about needing to know the specifics of the wall, the importance of nail type and size, etc. Then make it something they can pin on Pinterest.

Does it come flat-packed and require a hex key to assemble? :p

No, but it'll tip over and crush your child unless you anchor it to the wall.

Make a youtube video of an adorable twink, with background ukulele & xylophone music, talking about a "life hack" where you use a hammer (normally reserved for distressing milk paint painted reclaimed pallet wood shelving) to drive a nail (normally reserved for use as a quirky filler for decorative antique glass jars of varying sizes for inexplicably-doorless bathroom medicine cabinets), into a wall, and then proceed to tell folks about how great their Casper mattress is, or how great they think Audible.com is...oh and don't forget to include verbiage to "like and subscribe and support [them] on Patreon". Don't forget to leave out any actual real and important information about needing to know the specifics of the wall, the importance of nail type and size, etc. Then make it something they can pin on Pinterest.

I didn't understand most of the words you just said.

Roombas are great, and the base model will do just fine. I got one when I moved here and it was one of the best decisions ever. You press a button and leave the flat - when you return the floor is clean (sort of). Obviously it doesn't have the power of a "real" vacuum cleaner, but you can basically let it clean every day and over time it picks up almost anything. Also, a lot of my colleagues have Roombas as well and they all love them.

Last edited:
Roombas are great, and the base model will do just fine. I got one when I moved here and it was one of the best decisions ever. You press a button and leave the flat - when you return the floor is clean (sort of). Obviously it doesn't have the power of a "real" vacuum cleaner, but you can basically let it clean every day and over time it picks up almost anything. Also, a lot of my colleagues have Roombas as well and they all love them.

I get that, but I still don't think its worth $325 for the base model.

Also, looking at the site,

6ZmDWzx.png

What is the difference 'multi-room navigation' and 'entire floor cleaning'? Also if you just leave the doors open with the base model and it happens to drive into another room, will it just get lost, sad and confused?

Last edited:
I usually leave all the doors open and so far it has cleaned all rooms every time and found its way back to the charger as well. I'm actually not even sure if I have the base model, since mine has dirt detection (but I never used it). But it surely doesn't have any multi-room or whatever options but it handles my flat just fine.

Last edited:
I get that, but I still don't think its worth $325 for the base model.

Also, looking at the site,

6ZmDWzx.png

What is the difference 'multi-room navigation' and 'entire floor cleaning'?

Multi room can handle up to 3 rooms' worth of navigation. The others can do an entire level/floor. I don't know what the limiting factor is, but I know that's it.

I'll never buy a robot vac until the cleaning performance is better.

I didn't understand most of the words you just said.

I did and he's dead on. :lol:

Granted, it has its problems with corners (surprise, a circular object and a rectangular corner don't go well together). But usually I just clean those myself before I let the Roomba do its thing, and then it's all good. You just have to let it clean more often than you would with a vacuum cleaner, but that's easily done. And regarding the price, I think the cheaper versions are alright. The "deluxe editions" just come with a lot of fancy stuff (software and hardware) you don't really need.

Last edited:
Decided I want a Rooma because I hate vacuuming my apartment. Went on Amazon, was not expecting those prices - the cheapest model is currently on sale for $325 ($900 for the most expensive). Decided I don't want a Roomba.

They're okay, not that great. This is the best use for a Roomba.