Random Thoughts....

Yeah, never heard that then again, it could be a Pennsylvania thing.

No, I've seen weekly before - that's usually for extended stay hotels on the plus side... and really shitty boarding houses and crappy apartments in not-great-at-best parts of town on the minus side.

How can you say you're going to jump on a residence without even baving seen photos?

Hmmm... weekly seems a bit suspicious...

No, I've seen weekly before - that's usually for extended stay hotels on the plus side... and really shitty boarding houses and crappy apartments in not-great-at-best parts of town on the minus side.

I'm in a weekly setup now. I know that most places do monthly for a reason but I like weekly for some dumb psychological reason.

How can you say you're going to jump on a residence without even baving seen photos?

I wasn't going to jump on it as in agree to move in....

More like jump on requesting additional information, taking a tour of the apartment, etc. doing my research.

Wow. Ikea's all over the world are completely identical. Ours had ? instead of $ but aside from that even the layout of the boxes and crates is the same

That's better than McDonalds corporate layouts.

Wow. Ikea's all over the world are completely identical. Ours had ? instead of $ but aside from that even the layout of the boxes and crates is the same

Are you surprised?

The local Volvo club meets at IKEA. All the time, well, at least weekly. Maybe it's the Lingonberries.

On a related note, I'll finally be bringing home the Volvo I bought in November and have been storing at a buddies house while waiting for VW to take back the JSW TDI. I finally have the space with one less car and 64ft^2 of extra overhead shelving in the garage.

Whoa...I've never had Amazon screw up in my favor before.

I ordered a shower squeegee and a little carpet pet hair brush...and it was shipped in a box that weighed nearly 30lbs.

It contained the items I ordered...as well as a set of 4 heavy-duty hairpin table legs, which they sell for around $90. :blink:

I may have looked at them at some point and was thinking about ordering them the next time they went on sale, but I've never had them in my cart or wishlist, and never ordered them.

Cool.

Weird, but cool.

81q4VvlIqkL._SL1500_.jpg

.... Why not inform them of the error?

Because while it's technically theft when a corporate entity big enough to launch its own space programme makes an error like that in your favour it's a case of "score one for the little guy".

Because while it's technically theft when a corporate entity big enough to launch its own space programme makes an error like that in your favour it's a case of "score one for the little guy".

Even if the little guy is fired due to that mistake?

Because while it's technically theft when a corporate entity big enough to launch its own space programme makes an error like that in your favour

Not in Australia it isn't. Down here you are legally allowed to keep anything you didn't order or pay for that is delivered to you. Obviouslty, it doesn't apply to things delivered to the wrong address. It has to be addressed to you.

Even if the little guy is fired due to that mistake?

From recent investigations by the BBC's Panorama programme about Amazon if Joe were to attempt to return the items it would most likely draw attention to the poor, underpaid sod who made the error and increase the likelihood of them being dismissed.

Not in Australia it isn't. Down here you are legally allowed to keep anything you didn't order or pay for that is delivered to you. Obviouslty, it doesn't apply to things delivered to the wrong address. It has to be addressed to you.

But only if the supplier doesn't try to recover the goods within the legislated timeframes.

From recent investigations by the BBC's Panorama programme about Amazon if Joe were to attempt to return the items it would most likely draw attention to the poor, underpaid sod who made the error and increase the likelihood of them being dismissed.

Really?
Interesting.

So, it's ok to steal?

Considering that our politicians steal through corruption, and they should be an example for their citizens, yes it's ok to steal!

And as pointed out, it's not theft if the law says you are not obligated to return the unsolicited products.

Last edited: