Random Thoughts....

Did you drink tap water in Mexico?

I've ordered a curved 35" screen from HP on Sunday and wanted it delivered this Saturday. At first the order page said "free delivery by Swiss Post", but as soon as I selected Saturday as a desired delivery date (between 8 am and 5 pm), the delivery was no longer free and apparently handled by some shipping company I never heard of. Anyway, I still placed the order.

Yesterday at 9 pm the HP website still showed my order as "waiting for goods" (even though their store listed the monitor as available). Also I tried to contact both HP and the shipping company to explain to them that there is a construction site in front of my house and therefore they can only reach me on a very specific route. Neither HP customer service nor the shipping company replied or even acknowledged that my mail arrived. So I canceled the order through the HP shop (which still listed my order as "waiting for goods", with the next step being "preparing for shipping" and "delivery"). Then I proceeded to order the same monitor from another shop (that didn't have it listed on Sunday) which I know to be reliable and very customer friendly.

Today I received a mail from that other shop:
8 am: order received
11 am: order shipped. Delivery: tomorrow (and free, btw)

Then at 2 pm I received another mail, this time from HP:
"Sorry we can't cancel your order because it is already being prepared for shipping."

Please note that I canceled my order with HP *yesterday* and they had a full six hours to process my cancelation. Which was done through an automated system and didn't involve sending mails or whatever.

Anyway, tomorrow I will receive not one but two of these bad boys:

OMEN_X_35_Curved_Display_Front_tcm245_2383876_tcm245_2384089_tcm245-2383876.jpg

And I'm tempted to keep both of them. Although they are ~1000 ? a piece, so I might return one of them (or refuse to accept the delivery in the first place).

Last edited:
Saw supercooled water for the first time IRL this morning. I cool my lunch box with 4 frozen water bottles. Woke up this morning to see one still liquid in the freezer after all night. Realized what was going on and gave it a quick shake to see it solidify in front of my eyes.

CErMO2Y.jpg

Did you have some shitty food in Mehiko?

Did you drink tap water in Mexico?

No and no. IDK what happened. Has to be some kind of weirdo U.S.-based disease. Austonian butt measles or whatever. I'm stumped.

Either way, eating before sleeping was bad and dumb, because I didn't end up getting any sleep. Had to keep going to the bathroom. Woke up with bad cramps. Had to curl up into a little ball until it was over. Can't eat during work, either, because food just comes out the other end and I feel awful.

(Butt, I mean but hey! I caught the little bit of FP1 that happened while poopin'. Oh my gosh, I feel like I'm going to die.)

Last edited:
dec60ce2b77f75454aad0bc5315dc549.jpg

What is my neighbors plan with that siding job? The "whatever is left from other jobs?"

dec60ce2b77f75454aad0bc5315dc549.jpg

What is my neighbors plan with that siding job? The "whatever is left from other jobs?"
Shabbier Chic, I'm sure. Clearly, the next evolution after shiplap spreading everywhere like the chicken pox

Last edited:
I was attending a wedding yesterday and did not fall down the stairs. Apparently, that's positively remarkable because three other people, including the broom and his father, did, and the latter got a brief visit to the emergency room for it (he was rocking the dancefloor afterwards though).
Right now I'm waiting for the third (or rather, first) person to answer to my response to her request for someone to drive her to the ER because apparently her ankle did not take the abuse as lightly as she thought last evening...

No and no. IDK what happened. Has to be some kind of weirdo U.S.-based disease. Austonian butt measles or whatever. I'm stumped.

Either way, eating before sleeping was bad and dumb, because I didn't end up getting any sleep. Had to keep going to the bathroom. Woke up with bad cramps. Had to curl up into a little ball until it was over. Can't eat during work, either, because food just comes out the other end and I feel awful.

(Butt, I mean but hey! I caught the little bit of FP1 that happened while poopin'. Oh my gosh, I feel like I'm going to die.)

It's probably a case of viral enteritis. Don't eat and stick to thin fluids - water or soda and nothing milk or soup based. You just need to keep on the fluids until you've flushed it out of your system and/or your immune response has gotten on top of it. Take something loperamide based at night so you can get some sleep but lay off it during the day so you can continue with the cleansing regimen. You should be OK in 24-48 hours.

Unless she was driving a semi truck and almost crashing before pooping.

I'm having a senior moment. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the British actor with white hair who is a bit like Terence Stamp but isn't, and isn't Malcolm McDowell either.

Tends to play rather hammy bad guys.

EDIT: Finally got it after a bit of interwebbing. I won't say as I'm curious to see who can work it out from the description.

So who was it?!?

(looks at IMDB)

...nothing familiar, no don't know that one, never heard of it, OH SHIT BOND VILLAIN!

I just had a jelly donut for the first time. Why have I been avoiding them all these years???

A jelly donut!?

r-lee-ermey-interview-1088898-TwoByOne.jpg

I just had a jelly donut for the first time. Why have I been avoiding them all these years???

BRO.

They're one of the best outside of Boston/Bavarian cream doughnuts.

To prevent something from moving that is placed on the ground, is it better to have fewer, smaller contact points on the ground, because then there's more weight per square inch, or is it better to have more, and larger contact points to increase the surface area of it's contact with the floor?

- - - Updated - - -

BRO.

They're one of the best outside of Boston/Bavarian cream doughnuts.

Oh man...not I want a custard filled doughnut...damn you.