Random Thoughts....

Chicago for some reason has gotten really popular with doughnuts and there's a bunch of little shops that make just that. Though, Dinkles is still my favorite for pastry's when down there.

To prevent something from moving that is placed on the ground, is it better to have fewer, smaller contact points on the ground, because then there's more weight per square inch, or is it better to have more, and larger contact points to increase the surface area of it's contact with the floor?

Fewer smaller points may cause more damage when it is moved (assuming a floor).

To prevent something from moving that is placed on the ground, is it better to have fewer, smaller contact points on the ground, because then there's more weight per square inch, or is it better to have more, and larger contact points to increase the surface area of it's contact with the floor?
Hmm. How was this guy's braking performance?
Tyrrell_P34_2008_Silverstone_Classic.jpg

Surface area for sure.

Hmm. How was this guy's braking performance?
Tyrrell_P34_2008_Silverstone_Classic.jpg

As I understand it that design was developed to provide the same contact area for the purposes of traction and braking but to reduce the frontal area of the car to reduce drag.

Dunno if it worked but frankly being a car with 6 wheels and two steering axles it was cool as fuck! :cool:

Dunno if it worked but frankly being a car with 6 wheels and two steering axles it was cool as fuck! :cool:

Let me put it this way, the FIA banned cars with more than four wheels for a reason. It didn't get banned as fast as, say, the CVT, it took them a season or two, but still.

Fewer smaller points may cause more damage when it is moved (assuming a floor).

They will be rubber, either way. Either 4 round rubber feet, or two larger square rubber pads.

Thanks all!

Fuck Jelly/Cream filled donuts. I just adore simple glazed doughnuts, or ones with white icing on top.

As I understand it that design was developed to provide the same contact area for the purposes of traction and braking but to reduce the frontal area of the car to reduce drag.

From the wikipedia article on that car, it did work but didn't provide too much of a benefit. And at some point the small and frankly exotic front tires became very expensive because nobody else was using them.

However, the car makes a great entry into every "10 pictures you won't believe aren't photoshopped" list.

Craig has a new wading pool. Sweet!