Random Thoughts....

On certain things, yes. It's good on a cheeseburger with ketchup and mayo. Regular Deli sammiches as well... Oh! and Tuna.

No love for prawn mayo? I think the stuff is great, however mayo is no go along with mature cheddar cheese as they both seemed to give me migraines. There's no proof but I don't eat either any more and my migraines are very infrequent. I'll break the rule for special situations though like the visit to DaHitch's place last year. :D

Regarding 'hot dogs' I'd rather ditch the 'furter and go with a real sausage like Lincolnshire or Cumberland with fried onions and bollocks to sauces.

Random Thoughts....

Shrimp is no go. Awful.

Certain sausages are good. Others, give me a headache for some reason. Last week I was in Ohio and visited Schmidts Sausage Haus. Their bahama mama sausage isn't bad tasting, just the flavor gives me headaches. Don't know why as their other stuff is good.

Their lack of spaetzle is disturbing though. :(

Off topic time!

Looking to replace my dishwasher (whirlpool). Something I've noticed. Are Miele and Bosch dishwashers built with thicker or better made metal trays? I've always noticed dishwashers (kenmore, whirlpool, GE, maytag) the reason for getting rid of them is their trays start to rust away and you get "sand" at the bottom of cups at the end of cycles.

Reviews online seem to say people like the German brand dishwashers much better but, who knows how much truth there is to online reviews...

Last edited:
Just because it makes more money doesn't automatically mean that it is the most consumed condiment. For instance if mustard was 10x more expensive it would probably be higher up in that list just because the price is higher. But yeah anyway, mayonnaise is probably up there, together with ketchup.

Can't believe there are people who believe shit like Chemtrails. Can't further believe there are facebook groups dedicated to counting them, in which direction, log the wind speed, etc.. Lowers my faith in humanity.
Have you tried talking to one of them in person? That really sucks the faith in humity just right out of you. It's on the same level as those creationists that deny science and scientific methods and just believe what they want to believe. And I guess in a way these (stupid) conspiracy theories have become a replacement for religion, something that people simply want to believe in without doubt or question.

I thought salsa passed up ketchup in consumption in the US around 2015 to be the #1 most-consumed condiment.

Looking to replace my dishwasher (whirlpool). Something I've noticed. Are Miele and Bosch dishwashers built with thicker or better made metal trays? I've always noticed dishwashers (kenmore, whirlpool, GE, maytag) the reason for getting rid of them is their trays start to rust away and you get "sand" at the bottom of cups at the end of cycles.
Let's face the truth: The times when engineers could over-engineer freely are over in Germany, as well. A Miele is built to a price point as well. But the price point's higher - and that pays off. My Miele dishwasher is hands-down the finest piece of household equipment I've ever owned. The most expensive, as well, though. Right now, I am in the process of replacing my nearly 20 year old washing machine and all options on the table are Miele.

Don't buy an internet-connected Miele, though.

Full disclosure: My father in law is a retired Miele engineer.

Random Thoughts....

Sadly, as I looked more, Miele doesn't make a dishwasher under $1,000 that'll fit in my current dishwasher's space. 24in wide by 34in tall. Bosch does but, I've never heard of someone owning one. My office has a smaller Miele dishwasher and it's done a great job. I love how quiet it is. Loudest thing is the water draining into the sink drain.

Bosch appears to be much the same and has the 3rd utensil tray up top like my office's Miele. Difference is the Bosch is slightly over $700.

I don't plan to get an Internet connected appliance unless it's HVAC automation on a reliable platform, not some fly by night startup out of California.

Last edited:
In office settings in about 7 years of paying attention to it, I've never seen anything other than Miele and Bosch units. Combination of quiet operation, warranty and support are reasons why. I can't speak to performance.

Last edited:
Sadly, as I looked more, Miele doesn't make a dishwasher under $1,000 that'll fit in my current dishwasher's space.
Yep, Miele are damn expensive... but for an appliance that you'll probably keep for 10+ years, it sounds like money well invested.

Well, technically, I am not. But my girlfriend and I have been together for nine years and are only unmarried because she has ideological problems with the concept of marriage, so the guy's practically my father in law.

Bosch does but, I've never heard of someone owning one.

We have had one for 3 years and so far no problems. My parents have had one for almost 10 years as well. The drain clocked a few years back on theirs which my dad fixed himself. Recently a switch also seized up due to calcium build up making it not empty the dirty water but he is pretty handy so he was able to fix that himself too, so 10 years is possible with a little maintenance I would guess.

At the latest family cookout, Dominic Toretto tries out his latest recipe. He grabs a long-nosed river fish, quickly sears it all around with a blowtorch, and takes it from the grill to the table in less time than it takes him to run the quarter mile.
The name of this dish: Ten-second gar.

Mayo is the perfect spread when your sandwich needs moistening. Mmm...

Totally. Though, I love me some liver sausage sandwiches.

Random Thoughts....

Sounds legit. :lol: