Random Thoughts....

I either have the mind of a toddler or an old man. Almost every night after dinner when I'm on the couch watching a YouTube video, I start nodding off uncontrollably. A few times I've gone to bed and woken up around midnight...

I've done this - get home from work then next thing you know i'm passed out in front of the computer.

Oleta Adams' voice give's me goosebumps on a par with those inspired by the Avro Vulcan's howl or the sight of a Riva Aquarama....

So I worked out that I'm asexual last week :)... and I have to say it does feel liberating. It feels good to not have to pretend to myself that I understand what the hell the rest of you are on about anymore :p

Last edited:
Me either.

It's defined by a lack of sexual attraction, though for me it's a lot more complicated than that, which is why I haven't figured it out until now. I define myself as 'gray asexual' rather than full asexual - I do experience sexual attraction in a limited way... but I'm also turned off by nudity, genitals, holes in general and anything considered intercourse, so for all practical purposes... yeah.

Last edited:
Have you visited tumblr recently?

No comment :p

EDIT: Seriously though, I don't know. There's shit I'm still trying to work out, and as long as I stop seeing myself as broken like I have done all my life, then that's all I really give a crap about.

Last edited:
Serious question : can you be a virgin and an asexual at the same time? Because how would you know if you never tried it?

Serious question : can you be a virgin and an asexual at the same time? Because how would you know if you never tried it?

I mean, people ask that of gay people all the time. "How do you know you don't like sex with girls/boys if you've never tried?" I'm not asexual or gay myself (I'm bisexual, so I don't get not being attracted to someone on basis of genitals but hey), but I'd imagine that they can know without needing to try. Like straight dudes don't need to try a dick up the ass to know they (statistically) don't want to have it there.

Wikipedia is usually a good starting point for these very basic questions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality

And (very generally speaking and mirroring what Emarline wrote) if you have no desire to do something, you don't need to force yourself to try it just to figure out if you want "that" or not. Sexuality has a lot to do with desire. And if you don't desire something - don't do it.
Some people still experiment with sexuality because they think they just wanna try stuff out to find what they really want - but others don't. And then you will find asexual people who have had sex and it just isn't for them what it is for most people - others never try it.
And as with everything concerning sexuality there should never be pressure put on people to try something or the likes. I mean, if you have a friend who has never eaten an Avocado and really doesn't wanna try one, it's not a big deal to try to get him to try it at least once (because Avocado is bloody awesome and he's missing out if he never even gives it a try). With sexuality - that's a no-go. So don't go telling any asexuals they should at least try it once or tell gay men they should really try out this vagina thing ...

I must admit, I don't really understand how asexuality works.

Me either.

How is "not wanting to do something" difficult to understand? And don't even dare to counter with "but you have to try it first before you are certain you don't like it". Do you like getting punshed in the face? I guess not. Did you have to ask somebody to punsh you in the face to find out that you don't like it? I thought so...

And in terms of pure biology: mankind is not exactly struggling to survive (quite the opposite, actually). So if a few of us don't feel the need to reproduce, there isn't any harm done to "us" as a species.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
I don't get why there needs to be a label and a want to project it. In the end, I don't care. You do your thing and I'll do mine. I don't need to know or care about your sexual preferences.

I don't get why there needs to be a label and a want to project it. In the end, I don't care. You do your thing and I'll do mine. I don't need to know or care about your sexual preferences.
Most sexual things involve more than one person, so informing other people one way or another tends to help.

Reactions: MWF
Sure but, broadcasting it?

This is the Random Thoughts thread, so talking about your own self-discovery sounds random enough for me. :p

Yeah I... just thought it would be something to share. I mean, on a personal level it's hardly an insignificant life event, I'm sorry if it's too personal for you all?