Random Thoughts....

Costco just opened here, everybody is going absolutely fucking insane.

Never been in one. Don't see the appeal to it.

I love having a beagle for a dog. Hank has been fantastic. I've never had a dog that wants to snuggle and now I do. It's made going to sleep much easier surprisingly. But hotel stays are harder now since I don't have anything to lean against or have something leaning against me.

Random Thoughts....

Threw up halfway through dinner. Couldn't see through the tears either. I guess a pork chop and carrots isn't working for me. Or maybe it was the three week old lunch meat I had while the chop was cooking. I only ate that because I wanted a beer and didn't think drinking on an empty stomach was a good idea.

Either way, I can't remember the last time I barfed. God, that sucks.

On the plus side, I thought having a bathroom three steps away from the dinner table was a disgusting idea by the previous owner. After tonight, not anymore!

While attending a friend's funeral today, I was introduced to one of our old bus drivers - who is now a driver trainer.
She is quite happy to assess me for my semi-trailer licence, so all I need to do to get the ball rolling is do the knowledge test at the local registry (having done a few practice tests, it's not that hard), get a training log book, and she will organise the rest. Including a vehicle that I can use, where Dad can teach me to drive a roadranger.

We've only been talking about upgrading my licence since I first upgraded my licence from car.

5 minutes ago I sat at my PC when I heard a sudden "thunk" behind me. Turns out a bird flew right into one of my windows. It looked pretty shaken when I opened the window to see if I could help, but soon recovered and flew away again... :lol:

I've had that with my sliding glass door. It's shocking to say the least.

If you think that's shocking you should read the case of the Dutch biologist who heard a mallard drake fatally run into his window and then watched in horror as its corpse was raped by another drake for over an hour.

While attending a friend's funeral today, I was introduced to one of our old bus drivers - who is now a driver trainer.
She is quite happy to assess me for my semi-trailer licence, so all I need to do to get the ball rolling is do the knowledge test at the local registry (having done a few practice tests, it's not that hard), get a training log book, and she will organise the rest. Including a vehicle that I can use, where Dad can teach me to drive a roadranger.

We've only been talking about upgrading my licence since I first upgraded my licence from car.
Is there a road train in your future? :D

I doubt it. At least not for awhile. Road trains are yet another licence class up. We can only skip one level at a time. It goes from C>LR>MR>HR>HC>MC (multi-combination).
I went from Car to Medium Rigid, and will go to Heavy Combination. Obviously it then allows you to drive all classes below as well.

However, I know someone who drives road trains. Too bad I find him creepy as hell, or else I could tag along on a trip and maybe get to drive for awhile in the outback, as you can drive a licence class up, providing you are supervised and under instruction of someone holding a licence of that class.

I did really only want to step up one class to HR, so that covered any rigid vehicle with 3 or more axles. But it's the same cost and time to go straight to HC. Dad has a truck and trailer I could have used, however it doesn't meet the minimum requirements for taking the test. (must be bogie axle prime mover, and bogie trailer, loaded to 75%.) The combination we have is single axle on both. Yet you need the HC licence to drive it anyway... doesn't make sense.

:cool:

5 minutes ago I sat at my PC when I heard a sudden "thunk" behind me. Turns out a bird flew right into one of my windows. It looked pretty shaken when I opened the window to see if I could help, but soon recovered and flew away again... :lol:

I remember a pigeon doing that at my mum's old house years ago - it left a perfect impression of the bird in flight on the glass. Sadly didn't have the means at the time to get a clear enough photo but we left it there until the rain washed it away.

If you think that's shocking you should read the case of the Dutch biologist who heard a mallard drake fatally run into his window and then watched in horror as its corpse was raped by another drake for over an hour.

If he "watched in horror" then he should be questioning his chosen profession. If you find nature "icky" then you probably need a job in a bank or something.

"Watched in horror"... for an hour. Someone's got a new fetish...

Reactions: MWF
I doubt it. At least not for awhile. Road trains are yet another licence class up. We can only skip one level at a time. It goes from C>LR>MR>HR>HC>MC (multi-combination).
I went from Car to Medium Rigid, and will go to Heavy Combination. Obviously it then allows you to drive all classes below as well.

However, I know someone who drives road trains. Too bad I find him creepy as hell, or else I could tag along on a trip and maybe get to drive for awhile in the outback, as you can drive a licence class up, providing you are supervised and under instruction of someone holding a licence of that class.

I did really only want to step up one class to HR, so that covered any rigid vehicle with 3 or more axles. But it's the same cost and time to go straight to HC. Dad has a truck and trailer I could have used, however it doesn't meet the minimum requirements for taking the test. (must be bogie axle prime mover, and bogie trailer, loaded to 75%.) The combination we have is single axle on both. Yet you need the HC licence to drive it anyway... doesn't make sense.
I always find it interesting how much more complicated licensing is for other countries.

I'm aiming bogie means tandem axle?

There are funny people at ebay classifieds...

Since I'm restructuring my model car collection I'm offering some model cars there, today I received an inquiry if I would trade for match-worn soccer jerseys... :lol:

Craigslist is no different.

Me: "Guitar for sale. No Trades."

Crumb-nut: "Would you take this moped as a straight-up trade?"
Ass hat: "Would you take this dishwasher as a straight-up trade?"
Fuck head: "Would you take this crossbow as a straight-up trade?"
Shirt-for-brains: "Would you take this 8-ball leather jacket as a straight-up trade?"
Dip smack: "Would you take this engine-less van as a straight-up trade?"