Random Thoughts....

Saw that, the other NPR guy that resigned and Matt Lauer.

All I can say to that is "Good. And not before time, either."

Why? Because - entirely aside from actual political reasons - all of these people have said or supported the following statement when it comes to statements of sexual harassment or other misconduct: "Even though there is no evidence, the seriousness of the charge is what matters." (Originally spoken by Tom Foley, then Speaker of the House.) I.E., should someone accuse you, you are presumed to be guilty until you can prove your innocence (if you even can prove such a thing.) They have demanded people quit or resign their positions when accusations (often baseless) are made against them as if there had already been a trial and sentence handed down. While I personally believe that no person should be punished or forced to resign without due process, it greatly amuses me that the people who were leading the "you are guilty because someone said so" lynchmobs are now being strung up by the very values they promoted. I wish them pleasure in receiving the treatment they gave to others. That "innocent until proven guilty" idea looking any better to you now?

Edit: More tellingly, none of the three latest "casualties" have issued a statement denying what they did. Keillor came the closest with a statement that was basically, "I did x and y and I guess she didn't like it."

Last edited:
Can I just say I'm fucking annoyed by at least 25% of my news feed being that sexual misconduct allegations trash.

At least when said 25% was about North Korea the news were at least slightly important and interesting.

If USA news were system notifications I'd be tearing the developer a new one for not pushing them out as periodical compilations. Instead I now get the same fucking thing multiple times a day, every day, for weeks and months now. Every time it's just some other minor celebrity I don't give a shit about.

Can I just say I'm fucking annoyed by at least 25% of my news feed being that sexual misconduct allegations trash.

At least when said 25% was about North Korea the news were at least slightly important and interesting.

If USA news were system notifications I'd be tearing the developer a new one for not pushing them out as periodical compilations. Instead I now get the same fucking thing multiple times a day, every day, for weeks and months now. Every time it's just some other minor celebrity I don't give a shit about.

I feel the same way about the "Royal Family". I don't care. Yet every time one gets married or has another kid, we hear about it for months. And this is not just the US media at fault. The BBC seems to be obligated to cover every little thing the Royals do.

The Russian investigation is what annoys me. Don?t make a press release until shit is confirmed. Quit adding ?possible? and ?might be.?

They're just continuing a grand tradition dating back to at least the Comey Clinton investigations. Oops, this is getting political.

I don?t even know if it?s dried meat and if it?s possible to ship meat over seas like that...
the relevant bit of information from CBP:

In very few cases swine and swine products can enter the United States (U.S.). Commercially canned pork is allowed if the CBP officer can determine from the label that the meat was cooked in the can after it was sealed to make it shelf-stable without refrigeration.
Sadly, that does not apply to Speck which is air-dried before it is packaged.

Just saw a car with the number plate HLKSMH. Do you think that is supposed to read as Hulk smash?

Almost definitely.

It would certainly explain why Banner's first name is Bruce.

;)

Last edited:
Just saw a car with the number plate HLKSMH. Do you think that is supposed to read as Hulk smash?

Just finished digging through a bunch of really strange definitions for this...
My guess is "Hugs, love & kisses - shaking my head". Doesn't make any sense to me, either, but it's the only pair of things that seem to fit.
I guess you'd have to ask the car's owner for the real answer!

SL

I'm committing to the rabbit on fire look :p

Shit, mine's probably coming up soon as well. 7th though, not 9th.

Emarline;n3541497 said:
Shit, mine's probably coming up soon as well. 7th though, not 9th.

I joined *checks date* 12 years ago. You kids were still in school. :p

CraigB;n3541482 said:
Congratulations! :D
Thank you!

Redliner;n3541499 said:
Incorrect, old man. :p

"Wow, some people have been on this forum a long time." (sees join date) "11 years and 8 months? ..... fuck, I'm old."

Redliner;n3541499 said:

Pfft!

<-----

:p

Super fan.