Random Thoughts....

It’s a place where there’s no recourse sadly. I wonder if it would change if people had to use their real names to make accounts.

London, having a blast, but I have a vitally important question: Jesus tap-dancing Christ on toast, how have you not figured out how to air condition the Tube in the last 100 years or so?!

Blind_Io;n3554217 said:
London, having a blast, but I have a vitally important question: Jesus tap-dancing Christ on toast, how have you not figured out how to air condition the Tube in the last 100 years or so?!

They're relying on the icy stares people give each other while travelling to keep the place cool. It usually works but it's been unseasonably warm this week. I shouldn't be able to sit in a pub garden in a T-shirt in October.

Looks like Sunday will be back to normal. Temp is dropping 10+ Freedom Degrees and rain. I haven't been to a pub yet, but I checked Ace Cafe off my bucket list. Sunday night we are going to try to get into the SkyGarden bar for a few drinks and we are doing Sunday lunch in the London Bridge/Borough area.

Last edited:
Blind_Io;n3554217 said:

Had this thought while at baggage claim in Frankfurt. Also, that bathroom next to baggage claim, put in an exhaust fan with some make up air. That was worse than a rest area bathroom.

93Flareside;n3554340 said:
Also, that bathroom next to baggage claim, put in an exhaust fan with some make up air. That was worse than a rest area bathroom.
That place has embarrassed me every time I've had no option but to use it.

calvinhobbes;n3554346 said:
That place has embarrassed me every time I've had no option but to use it.

Beijing China Capital Airport International Baggage receiving area changing rooms designed to replicate an Easter Bunny Display you will feel as those changing is a violation of your person and your sensibility being in a modern airport.

93Flareside;n3554340 said:
Had this thought while at baggage claim in Frankfurt. Also, that bathroom next to baggage claim, put in an exhaust fan with some make up air. That was worse than a rest area bathroom.

I'm never changing planes in Germany ever again. Why the hell does someone who literally just got off one plane need to go through security AND some kind of psychological screening just to reboard the next one?

Kiki was the first through the scanner. What does a green light mean? In Germany it doesn't mean go, the light turned green so she started to move, only to be shouted at. Fucker, in every other country the green light means go, not stop. Then we had to have our sealed duty free stuff tested in some special machine. Then we had to be fucking interviewed about our trip and where we live. Shit like "what is the tallest mountain in Utah" and "what is there to do in Salt Lake" along with being grilled about where we went and why we were there -- in another country.

...to change planes!

German airport security can eat a bushel of glutenous dicks.

Last edited:
Blind_Io;n3554492 said:
I'm never changing planes in Germany ever again. Why the hell does someone who literally just got off one plane need to go through security AND some kind of psychological screening just to reboard the next one?

Where you arriving from an Asian country?

I went to Singapore once with a connection in FRA. On the way there (JFK-FRA-SIN), we could get off the plane straight into the gate area of the terminal, no security to go through. On the way back (SIN-FRA-JFK), we had to go through security.

After seing the security in Singapore, I understand why they want you to go back through their own screening. Doesn't excuse the rest of your experience though.

Blind_Io;n3554492 said:

Kiki was the first through the scanner. What does a green light mean? In Germany it doesn't mean go, the light turned green so she started to move, only to be shouted at. Fucker, in every other country the green light means go, not stop. Then we had to have our sealed duty free stuff tested in some special machine. Then we had to be fucking interviewed about our trip and where we live. Shit like "what is the tallest mountain in Utah" and "what is there to do in Salt Lake" along with being grilled about where we went and why we were there -- in another country.

...to change planes!

Did you change airlines?

I wanna share a thing that happend today.
I was swimming in a public swimming pool. Like I always do. Afterwards I was changing in one the changing rooms and sprayed my deodorant on. In the next Cabin (stall better word?) guy startet moaning and then said "oh great, now it stinks like a brothel in here" ("stinkt wie im Puff" in German, don't know how to translate this better). I was a bit pissed of by that. I was also holding in a fart the whole time and then said to myself - why control myself for this asshat. And fartet unexpectly loud.
5 seconds of silence.
While I was a bit shocked (of the unexpected loudness) and conteplating which swimming pool I should now go to because I obviously couldn't show my face here ever again and was about to die of shame - the lady in the second Cabin next to mine startet laughing loudly. She then said very loudly "well, that was a good comeback!". And we all three laughed.

:blush::blink::grin:

Best story I’ve read in a while. Thanks for that. ?

Blind_Io;n3554492 said:
Go ask your own country the same question, it's even worse in the US because everyone who doesn't arrive on a domestic flight has to go through security again. In the rest of the world, that's not always the case.

Blind_Io;n3554492 said:
Kiki was the first through the scanner. What does a green light mean? In Germany it doesn't mean go, the light turned green so she started to move, only to be shouted at. Fucker, in every other country the green light means go, not stop.
Pro tip: you only ever walk through the scanner after making eye contact with the person behind it. They tell you to step forward, not some light somewhere on the machine. Works everywhere, not just in Germany. As for being shouted at (or being considered an idiot), that's not a German particularity either.

Blind_Io;n3554492 said:
Then we had to have our sealed duty free stuff tested in some special machine.
Again, that is completely normal and much better than having it confiscated, which would be the alternative.

Blind_Io;n3554492 said:
Then we had to be fucking interviewed about our trip and where we live. Shit like "what is the tallest mountain in Utah" and "what is there to do in Salt Lake" along with being grilled about where we went and why we were there -- in another country.

...to change planes!
Welcome to my experience in Miami, coming from Bolivia and going home to Germany via Dallas. My CBP officer was surprised to learn that there's IKEA in Germany. :lol: Those questions are designed to find out if you're nervous about something. If you get agitated, they have a reason to dig deeper.

Blind_Io;n3554492 said:
Or maybe you should relax and realise that they're not doing any of this to annoy you. ;-) Oh, and check if you had the dreaded letters "SSSS" on your boarding pass.

Worst I had in frankfurt leaving to go home was I forgot to take my camera out of my bag. Felt very normal when my bag was pulled. Once found, it was inspected and I put my stuff back and went on my way.