Random Thoughts....

Nope, I didn't have the "SSSS" - we were literally just changing planes. I've traveled in plenty of places and I've never been to an airport that made you go through security just to move two gates in the same terminal.

I can't speak to having to go through immigration to change planes in the US, since the US is always my destination and I would have to go through immigration and customs anyway. Although the Dallas airport's immigration is made of fail - they had two agents to serve THREE 787s that landed at the same time.

Blind_Io;n3554714 said:
I've traveled in plenty of places and I've never been to an airport that made you go through security just to move two gates in the same terminal.
It happens on every single international arrival into the US, apart from those that were pre-cleared at the origin or a stopover. If only I could have all the time that I've wasted waiting to be re-cleared at EWR, IAD, ORD, SFO and a few others back... or at AUH, DXB, SIN etc. for that matter. The re-clearance for flights to the US is a requirement of the US government, by the way; or perhaps more accurately a result of a combination of its requirements.

Out of interest, did you connect in terminal 1 or terminal 2? The security checkpoints in the latter are arranged a bit unusually, at least on the upper non-Schengen floor.

Blind_Io;n3554714 said:
I can't speak to having to go through immigration to change planes in the US, since the US is always my destination and I would have to go through immigration and customs anyway. Although the Dallas airport's immigration is made of fail - they had two agents to serve THREE 787s that landed at the same time.
Global Entry solves at least that problem. ;-) I've once made it from the plane door to the Hertz shuttle bus at LAX in fifteen minutes, without checked luggage of course.

calvinhobbes;n3554730 said:
Global Entry solves at least that problem. ;-) I've once made it from the plane door to the Hertz shuttle bus at LAX in fifteen minutes, without checked luggage of course.

I love Nexus/Global Entry.

I came back from Atlanta a month ago and it took 35 minutes from touchdown until I stepped into my home, and I had to clear customs, pick up my luggage, get a taxi, and the drive itself was 15 minutes :)

calvinhobbes;n3554730 said:
It happens on every single international arrival into the US, apart from those that were pre-cleared at the origin or a stopover. If only I could have all the time that I've wasted waiting to be re-cleared at EWR, IAD, ORD, SFO and a few others back... or at AUH, DXB, SIN etc. for that matter. The re-clearance for flights to the US is a requirement of the US government, by the way; or perhaps more accurately a result of a combination of its requirements.

Out of interest, did you connect in terminal 1 or terminal 2? The security checkpoints in the latter are arranged a bit unusually, at least on the upper non-Schengen floor.

I honestly don't remember which terminal - I just remember how bloody dreary that airport was. It felt like some dystopian future with the cages overhead and the sad, low buildings inside a giant converted hanger (or whatever it was).

calvinhobbes;n3554747 said:
Wait a minute... are you telling me that you had a PRIO tag on your suitcase which actually worked?! :blink::?

Nope, I didn't even have a PRIO tag :lol:

It's started! The Gavle goat is up and my screenshot script is running! It didn't burn down last year, maybe it will this year and I will be able to capture that moment. :lol:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"1080","width":"1920","src":"http:\/\/image.matttester.co.uk\/2018\/2018-12\/2018_12_02_@_1729_09_screenshot.jpeg"}[/IMG2]

I thought it only refreshed every minute last year, now it's every 5 seconds. I had to re-write the script anyway because it was never backed up and was lost when the SSD died early this year. Ideally I want to tweak it so it only snaps part of the screen but that seems tricky and this is good enough for now.

narf;n3555230 said:
There's a new image at http://bocken.gavle.se/kamera/bocken.jpg every three seconds. All you should need is to wget that every three seconds and write to a timestamped file.

I tried that last year and trying to access the image directly, from here at least, sadly results in 0kb files. The image appears to require a timestamp and even then it doesn't seem to navigate. I'm not sure if this is deliberate but I really do wish it was just an image I could grab every time it changes...

I had some presets in Premiere to crop the images to the correct part of the screen, again if I can get it to actually capture that part only it would be much less hassle. :)

Edit: Sorted it, this was a pre-made script that I tweaked and it used the screen's native resolution. I was able to scale that down to 800x600 and move the origin though so it only got the webcam. File sizes are much better.

Aaaaaand... We are back! Awesome!

Migration finally happened! A few tweaks needed here and there (some old picture dump sites are broken and we need a dark theme), but it's back, baby!

TRICO EXACT FIT REAR INTEGRAL BLADE

I went to try and fix some of the photos in my car thread, and found they're pretty much all intact. Interesting, Photobucket went with the watermarking thing instead of just LOL_NO.jpg