Random Thoughts....

The Gods of global warming heard our president's call for them to return. Soon we will have Covfefe and cake.

No cake until you've finished your hamberder.

In other news...

I work in office furniture, and one of my clients sent me 3 different emails of wood items cracking from the dry air. One of them in NY has had markerboards glued to the wood paneling on the wall for 6 years. Today, 3 rooms' anelling must have shrunk enough that the glue is starting to let go, and these 8ft tall marker boards are coming off the walls. In another office in Chicago, a new custom $15K table made of solid oak got a crack running right down the center of it.

You have to eat your meat before you can have covfefe!

Who are you? :p

No cake until you've finished your hamberder.

In other news...

I work in office furniture, and one of my clients sent me 3 different emails of wood items cracking from the dry air. One of them in NY has had markerboards glued to the wood paneling on the wall for 6 years. Today, 3 rooms' anelling must have shrunk enough that the glue is starting to let go, and these 8ft tall marker boards are coming off the walls. In another office in Chicago, a new custom $15K table made of solid oak got a crack running right down the center of it.

Clearly, humidity control is not something people think about. :(

What is mommies title?

Last edited:
Anyone else find it interesting how its easier to get customer support via Twitter these days than going through traditional support channels (phone, email, chat)? A service I use just overcharged me by $100 for my 2019 renewal for whatever reason. Tried to call them on Friday afternoon, 50 people in the hold line and their call back feature called me back Saturday morning (missed the call). Then I submitted a ticket via their official help site, but never got a confirmation email so not sure if it went through. Called again this morning, 73 people on hold, so I requested a call back again. Then I DM'ed their official Twitter account and got a reply back literally within 5 minutes saying they've initiated the adjustment and I should get the $100 refund in 3-5 days. For the record, its about 15 hours later, and their call back feature from this morning still hasn't called me back.

Not the first time I've gotten such good, quick and painless service via Twitter either.

Anyone else find it interesting how its easier to get customer support via Twitter these days than going through traditional support channels (phone, email, chat)? A service I use just overcharged me by $100 for my 2019 renewal for whatever reason. Tried to call them on Friday afternoon, 50 people in the hold line and their call back feature called me back Saturday morning (missed the call). Then I submitted a ticket via their official help site, but never got a confirmation email so not sure if it went through. Called again this morning, 73 people on hold, so I requested a call back again. Then I DM'ed their official Twitter account and got a reply back literally within 5 minutes saying they've initiated the adjustment and I should get the $100 refund in 3-5 days. For the record, its about 15 hours later, and their call back feature from this morning still hasn't called me back.

Not the first time I've gotten such good, quick and painless service via Twitter either.

I'm beginning think "May you live in interesting times" wasn't that much of a good wish you guys. D:

Companies are afraid of the social media shitstorm that might happen if they don't react to someone who has already shown that he is handling these channels. That is actually a very sad state of things.

For the record, its about 15 hours later, and their call back feature from this morning still hasn't called me back.

Just got a call back from them. 25 and a half hours after I first called them. Missed the call again, but they left a voice message leading off with "sorry I wasn't able to get in touch with you today, feel free to give us a call back at your earliest convenience." BITCH YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME YESTERDAY. She also left me the same 800 number to call back so presumably I'll land in the same day long line. Oh well, at least I got it figured out on Twitter

This man survived an attack from a mountain lion.

Mountain lions should be illegal. So should mountain goats.

I was stalked by a mountain lion when I was elementary school aged. I can't remember where specifically we were but I was with my parents and we were at some wildlife refuge or recovery center or somesuch. My mother was not pleased and we didn't stick around long after that. :razz:

Holy shit! Clegko! VERY long time no see. How've you been?