Random Thoughts....

Popping around online I found out N.Y. City has a partial power outage. This is the same day that N.Y. lost power in 77. The city looks strange with a dark blotch in the middle of it.

That is a all.

Never thought I’d thank a typhoon for anything, but Wipha just gave me my first lazy day off in over two months. Arrived in Hong Kong yesterday afternoon, made my way to the destination on the island with the very kind help of the locals and since it’s been raining almost nonstop since my flight landed, I’ve just stayed indoors. It’s a nice change from weeks of “which of the million things to do is the most important” and “I’m so exhausted I’ll sleep for twelve hours”.

Near the protests?

Nah, I will avoid the New Territories which AFAIK is where the violence broke out. If the weather was nice, I might be tempted by a short hike in that part of town, but the forecast isn’t too good and I shall stick to HK island and Kowloon this time.

Of all the weird coffin ideas out there, barn wood seems to be one of the least offensive. My pantry and office doors are old barn wood actually.
I am all in favor of cremation, but I agree. Reclaiming old barn wood is better than cutting down trees just to make coffins, even if that wood could be used for something more useful.

I don't hold with all this fancy, schmantzy stuff for dead people.

If I can specify it I will be taken away in a coffin made of recycled cardboard, cremated using waste cooking oil from a local kebab shop and my ashes will be used as cat litter and/or dug into my vegetable patch.

On a lighter note: Today I tested what it feels like to be stung by a wasp on the inside of your upper lip. It just buzzed in from the side when I wanted to take a bite of a bread roll so I just saw it briefly from the corner of my eye.

1/10, can't recommend. Tested just for you...

Who knew that the latest status symbol among rednecks is to be buried in a casket made out of recycled barn wood? A few days ago, I was at a garage in the heart of redneck Kentucky. The locals were discussing a recent funeral and one of them remarked that Bubba had got his wish to be buried in a barnwood casket...
https://www.lumberjocks.com/projects/152074

Deluxe version:
http://www.cjboots.com/gallery/craft/barnwood-oak-camo-casket

Reclaimed wood is not a new thing, it was only a matter of time before it was used in such a way.

The thing I find amusing is the camo. I am pretty sure it won't help hide the body.

On a lighter note: Today I tested what it feels like to be stung by a wasp on the inside of your upper lip. It just buzzed in from the side when I wanted to take a bite of a bread roll so I just saw it briefly from the corner of my eye.

1/10, can't recommend. Tested just for you...
Geez
That sounds very unpleasant.

Yeah, it's very unpleasant, I can vouch...

That said, it was just 3 minutes or so of pain, luckily I was just out on a bike ride so the head wind cooled the lip. The lip isn't even swollen anymore, it was just for half an hour or so and the sting has been about 5 hours ago.

Weirdest business trip ever coming up this fall. I fly to Valencia, Spain, but my connection is in Frankfurt. Oh, and I return home four days after crossing an Ocean AND a continent.

At least someone else is footing the bill.

Weirdest business trip ever coming up this fall. I fly to Valencia, Spain, but my connection is in Frankfurt. Oh, and I return home four days after crossing an Ocean AND a continent.

At least someone else is footing the bill.
Welcome to my job. :mrgreen: I don’t have conferences to attend, though.