Random Thoughts....

Glamorous? ?

Glamorous? ?
I did give the wink smiley!

Just landed in Frankfurt. Cripes this airport is massive. Possibly the second or third largest I’ve experienced (Kuala Lumpur the biggest)

Just landed in Frankfurt. Cripes this airport is massive.
I spent over an hour looking for my gate there on the way back from Ringmeet this year. Would never have found it if not for a staff member who pointed me in the correct direction. It was in a section that was almost completely empty, and really looked closed.

Me: 2 hrs to get through Frankfurt en route to flight to Valencia is barely enough.
Booking agent: Hold my beer.

I had 55 minutes to do this in reverse, made my flight to Vancouver 5 min before departure.

I’m starting to figure out Frankfurts weird airport but it still sucks. O’Hares international arrivals system is hopelessly inefficient and I’m always embarrassed how people come here and this is the first thing they see.

Happy you made it.

Me: 2 hrs to get through Frankfurt en route to flight to Valencia is barely enough.
Booking agent: Hold my beer.

I had 55 minutes to do this in reverse, made my flight to Vancouver 5 min before departure.
I shudder to think how they would have rerouted you. :-?

I’m starting to figure out Frankfurts weird airport but it still sucks. O’Hares international arrivals system is hopelessly inefficient and I’m always embarrassed how people come here and this is the first thing they see.

Happy you made it.
At FRA, you get to put in a hike between flights and at ORD, you get to take a choo-choo-train and a bit of a stroll. Neither is terribly efficient.

I just renewed my Concealed Firearms Permit and was having trouble verifying my information on the website. I called the state agency responsible, The Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) and found out that they've had the wrong SSN down in my records since at least 2014.

When I asked how this could have happened, the guy said, "Handwriting is hard to read sometimes." He corrected it over the phone with nothing more than my name and permit number (anyone who found or stole my wallet would have this information). I couldn't tell him a matching SSN because of their mistake, but he didn't ask for any supporting documentation or for me to show up in person.

Bang up job, fellas.

Der Stig, Nabster, CrazyJeeper and myself all made it through okay. Haven’t heard from the remaining DFW members but will check with those that I have contact information for in the morning.

Lots and lots and lots of trees down and damaged homes. I spent some quality time in an inside closet with my cat, bug out bag and some other gear listening to the hail, the wind, the tornado sirens and the APC UPS chorus beeping through the walls when the thing got close but that seems to have been the worst of it for me. According to the news, lots of other people weren’t so lucky.

at ORD, you get to take a choo-choo-train and a bit of a stroll. Neither is terribly efficient.

For the past 1.5 yrs, that hasn't been the case. Since they built a new larger parking/rental car garage, the "train" (it's on rubber tires!) has been out of commission as they extend the track. They've been done with that for ages and as far as I can tell are stopped because bureaucracy.

So because of that, I have discovered Preflight parking which is cheaper than the airport's remote parking, has covered parking, and more regular shuttle buses. Now I don't have to walk in remote parking and get rained or snowed on. I tried Wally Park but got annoyed with having to remember to text their on call line to get a shuttle bus.

Last edited:
Yeah nothing but some tree branches down by me. Spectre was closest to it, and the rest of us were on group messaging keeping track as it moved though. I already had mostly clear skies and could see stars overhead when it was winding up in Dallas, so I was watching the local news where they had two storm chasers out with live feeds on the air as it was going through. Crazy stuff.

Anyone else here skate? Picked up a board (Chocolate brand if anyone's curious) a month ago and just got a helmet this weekend. Weather's been shitty so I haven't gotten out of my bedroom with it but I'm hoping to change that this weekend. ?

I used to play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, does that count?

But seriously , I always wanted to learn, but I never did.

Nice haha. I'm learning at 30 so it'll be interesting. I've always wanted to do it so why not now?

mam, when I was a kid into skating and play THPS, there were at least 3 skate parks in the area. A few years after pro skater 2 came out, they all closed up. :(

mam, when I was a kid into skating and play THPS, there were at least 3 skate parks in the area. A few years after pro skater 2 came out, they all closed up. :(

There's several around me, a indoor one is like a hour away. I was tempted to go on Sunday but I need to get more comfortable on the board first

The bug is currently in front of the house (the fiat isnt blocked either because it is pretty easy to fit it beside the other two cars in the driveway L O L) and i really appreciate it because it means i can shove the dog under my arm and run out at 11pm without waking mother (sadly there is still a time limit and like ...dog behaving limit, but whatever).

The fiat sounds very good but sometimes i wish there was a mute button ?

The bug is currently in front of the house (the fiat isnt blocked either because it is pretty easy to fit it beside the other two cars in the driveway L O L) and i really appreciate it because it means i can shove the dog under my arm and run out at 11pm without waking mother (sadly there is still a time limit and like ...dog behaving limit, but whatever).

The fiat sounds very good but sometimes i wish there was a mute button ?

Where are you going with your dog at 11PM?