Random Thoughts....

Here in Germany most supermarkets use the "rental" system as in the carts are chained to each other and you need to put a coin into a slot on the handle to unlock it. When you return the cart and put the chain back into the receptacle you can take out the coin again. Old systems only accept coins of one size (for example only 50 cent coins or only 1 Euro coins), more recent systems you can feed with 50 cent-, 1 or 2 Euro*-coins. There are even "dummy" coins, mostly used as giveaways with some advertising on it so a) you don't have to use a coin which you would spend at the store and b) you can't spend it so you are always able to "rent" a cart. Since the introduction sometime in the 1990s the return rate is almost 100%.

Wouldn't work in many other countries where you rarely use cash anymore though...

I've only seen that here in the US at Aldi stores. I think it took a quarter. I do one of three things, return the cart to the store, return it to a corral or leave the cart in the store and carry my bags out. I don't leave them in the parking lot, mostly because I have hit a cart that someone left next to my truck (and I didn't see when I got in).

Another reason to make sure they are put away? We get some gnarly winds on a regular basis here. Not from storms, just normal winds. They will turn a cart into a missile. Gena's car has a dent in the door from such a rouge cart.

Gena's car has a dent in the door from such a rouge cart.

You have colored carts? Fancy! We only have the silver ones. :p

(Yes, yes, I know, sorry not sorry)

Here in Germany most supermarkets use the "rental" system as in the carts are chained to each other and you need to put a coin into a slot on the handle to unlock it. When you return the cart and put the chain back into the receptacle you can take out the coin again. Old systems only accept coins of one size (for example only 50 cent coins or only 1 Euro coins), more recent systems you can feed with 50 cent-, 1 or 2 Euro*-coins. There are even "dummy" coins, mostly used as giveaways with some advertising on it so a) you don't have to use a coin which you would spend at the store and b) you can't spend it so you are always able to "rent" a cart. Since the introduction sometime in the 1990s the return rate is almost 100%.

Wouldn't work in many other countries where you rarely use cash anymore though...

We have the same in Sweden. I don't remember when this system was introduced in Sweden but it might have been even earlier. It works very well here also and the return rate is almost 100%.

One unexpected trip to Asia coming up next week... :blink: One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster, AFAIK.

One unexpected trip to Asia coming up next week... :blink: One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster, AFAIK.
Murray Head agrees. Awful video, though.

I think @D-Fence is our resident Thai expert...

We have a new-ish guy at work, Tom. He's not a big guy by any means but he eats a huge amount and on average disappears for a dump 4 times a day.

And now, thanks in no small part to yours truly, everyone in the office calls him Tapeworm.

And I have another colleague who is a few years older than me and, ever since he started here just over a year ago, it's been bugging me because he reminded me of someone and I couldn't quite work out who. It came to me at lunchtime today.

He looks like a crash-damaged Steven Berkoff.

We have a new-ish guy at work, Tom. He's not a big guy by any means but he eats a huge amount and on average disappears for a dump 4 times a day.

And now, thanks in no small part to yours truly, everyone in the office calls him Tapeworm.

W2YDCiB.gif

Boss makes a dollar
I make a dime
That's why I poop
On company time.

A now ex-coworker made sure that we have good TP so its like at home except a little cold because, despite the office having radiators for heating, nobody thought to put one in the bathroom. Regardless, it's quiet. A little too quiet as you can count flushes or if somebody had some bad mexican, you get to hear the trumpets from your desk.

American Pie (original version)
Hotel California
Bohemian Rhapsody
Bat Out of Hell (album version)
Layla (album version)

If you ever hear any of those songs played on the radio, it's almost certainly because the DJ has gone to take a dump.

Also the Creedence Clearwater Revival version of Heard It Through The Grapevine.

Also American Pie.

Post-processing some photos from Hawaii, would like opinions/feedback on the looks/PP for this shot:

photo_2020-01-21 12.25.43.jpeg