Random Thoughts....

Are you and your family alright?

Yup, we're alright. Currently I'm home with my parents some 50 km from Zagreb, we did feel a strong earthquake, but it didn't cause any actual damage in our town. The family and relatives from Zagreb are also OK, even if some material damage is done to their apartments. The most important thing is that we all got out of this alive and uninjured.

Glad you’re ok @Tram13 ... shits weird right now.

I need to figure how to reduce my stress level. I’ve noticed that I clench my teeth has started to create ache on the left side of my jaw. :/

I need to figure how to reduce my stress level. I’ve noticed that I clench my teeth has started to create ache on the left side of my jaw. :/
Read less about the virus and the fuckuppery surrounding it? By now, even the blind and deaf must have heard the news and read the advice dozens of times, so a daily update should suffice.

Read less about the virus and the fuckuppery surrounding it? By now, even the blind and deaf must have heard the news and read the advice dozens of times, so a daily update should suffice.
Yesterday I thout was about to snap.
It's on Facebook, Twitter, TV, radio, people talking on the street, EVERYWHERE.

CORONACORONACORONACORONA

it’s not just that but overall frustrations with idiocy politically in the US, the stupidity with customer I deal with on a daily basis, the feeling never being able to provide exactly what these people want because I don’t know and when I ask for help, I don’t get it. The hopelessness of being stuck where I live now. The lack of motivation to push myself farther when all I want to do right now is to not have to learn/think when I’m home.

We've only just begun is a Carpenters lyric.

Long time no see, hope everyone's doing alright.

Reactions: MWF
So far so good here. How's PA?

One step away from Shelter in Place where I live with this virus thing but otherwise things are pretty good. Waiting for warmer weather here, personally.

Long time no see, hope everyone's doing alright.
Highly stressed at the situation, but physically we are fine so far. I have only left the house to buy food to keep our stocks up as we approach the inevitable lock-down, deliver food and spare fuel to my elderly asthmatic mom, and track down some bleach to make my own sanitizer.

I'm sitting here listening to the latest episode of The Daily (3/24/20) podcast - according to their expert's analysis, this is going to get really, really bad in the US.

Highly stressed at the situation, but physically we are fine so far. I have only left the house to buy food to keep our stocks up as we approach the inevitable lock-down, deliver food and spare fuel to my elderly asthmatic mom, and track down some bleach to make my own sanitizer.

I'm sitting here listening to the latest episode of The Daily (3/24/20) podcast - according to their expert's analysis, this is going to get really, really bad in the US.

Agreed, this is gonna get ugly. I saw my mom a week and a half ago for this very reason: i'm not going to risk going to see her while this is exploding. About 7 dead in PA and in my area our county has the highest number of confirmed cases, so there's definitely a lot more unconfirmed/asymptomatic cases floating around.

I have asthma myself (Specifically got a new Inhaler as this began to explode) so I'm being ultra careful just leaving for food and water once a week or so - it can get exhausting mentally going shopping now - it's a eerie atmosphere and some aisles are perpetually just bare. Then there's the whole process I go through:

- sanitize hands in car in lot

- only get stuff I can carry in my hands because they just fucked off and given up on proactively sanitizing the carts after "senior hour" and the wipes are seemingly always out. Bag up the items at self checkout, put in car, sanitize hands.

- take bags of items home, place them on my kitchen floor - I then clorox wipe my countertop then clorox wipe down all the cartons, bottles, and cans. The cartons, bottles and cans go onto the sanitized countertop

- they then go into my bedroom because with something like this every man is for themselves. I stocked up on toilet paper - just one 9 pack and keep it locked in my trunk because toilet paper likes to disappear in here in the *best* of times.

I then wash my hands twice.

It's amazing what you just take for granted until you have to modify your behavior accordingly because it could kill you otherwise.

If you can't find any bleach, I think you might be able to use suitably diluted pool shock/chlorine, but I strongly recommend doing additional research before doing anything.

Sounds like you guys are all being sensible and not panicking, thankfully most of the morons got bored and quit FG years ago.

Everybody please stay safe, treble check any advice you may read online and be over- rather than under-cautious. Heaven forfend we lose another member of this awesome, if now small yet tight-knit community.

And if you are stressed and struggling to sleep I can recommend the music of Brian Eno - remarkably calming, I'm cooking a Three Bean Chilli and scalloped potatoes to "Music for Airports" as I type this and feeling remarkably sanguine. The beer and bourbon and the fact that I have just been placed on furlough leave (2-3 weeks minimum, paid by the Govt. Yay!) is probably helping to some extent too. :D

Sounds like you guys are all being sensible and not panicking, thankfully most of the morons got bored and quit FG years ago.

Everybody please stay safe, treble check any advice you may read online and be over- rather than under-cautious. Heaven forfend we lose another member of this awesome, if now small yet tight-knit community.

And if you are stressed and struggling to sleep I can recommend the music of Brian Eno - remarkably calming, I'm cooking a Three Bean Chilli and scalloped potatoes to "Music for Airports" as I type this and feeling remarkably sanguine. The beer and bourbon and the fact that I have just been placed on furlough leave (2-3 weeks minimum, paid by the Govt. Yay!) is probably helping to some extent too. :D

Thanks! Agreed, same to you!

As soon as I can, I wanna buy a big pot and try making Chili.... :drool:

Dude, in the current climate I suggest opening a can of supermarket chilli and to try growing pot.

Bake hash brownies though, inhaling shit with a lung disease going viral probably not the best idea right now.

Edibles are best, but take in moderation and be patient, it is not an immediate effect.

Also, don't be this guy!