Random Thoughts....

Dude, in the current climate I suggest opening a can of supermarket chilli and to try growing pot.

Bake hash brownies though, inhaling shit with a lung disease going viral probably not the best idea right now.

Trying edibles is def on the to do list - I should really get a medical card, lord knows I'm probably able to get one with my clinically depressed ass...

Trying edibles is def on the to do list - I should really get a medical card, lord knows I'm probably able to get one with my clinically depressed ass...
If your ass is depressed then I recommend getting a prescription for a twice daily injection of hot beef or at least some spicy pulled pork.

Just don't pull the pork too hard or it may go off in your face.

If your ass is depressed then I recommend getting a prescription for a twice daily injection of hot beef or at least some spicy pulled pork.

Just don't pull the pork too hard or it may go off in your face.

Maybe he likes it that way?

Maybe he likes it that way?

:shifty:

Yup. Wife and I may well have The Virus, but it’s not looking like our personal apocalypse. Week two of quarantine starts tomorrow and our pantry got re-stocked by a friendly colleague today.

Ouch! Hope you both have a speedy recovery.

Keep an eye on it, from what I've been hearing from doctors, there is sometimes a "crash" at two weeks. If things take a turn get to the hospital immediately.

Ouch! Hope you both have a speedy recovery.
Thanks! It might also be a seasonal flu, but getting tested is anything but easy... even if you’re square within the group of people who should be getting tested.

Keep an eye on it, from what I've been hearing from doctors, there is sometimes a "crash" at two weeks. If things take a turn get to the hospital immediately.
Will do, there’s a small hospital literally down the street from where I live. Obviously, I have no idea how they’re doing at the moment, but it’s still reassuring to have one this close.

Last edited:
Eh, not dead yet. I'm uh, here.

To pass the time, I've been playing GTA online with @DaHitch, @TobiasG, @Galantti, and @Anesthesia. Recently @thomas, and @Raparperi joined in on the shenanigans as well. :)

For me this whole social distancing switch that people seemingly are so worried about really doesn't affect me. I go to work, I go home, I play games, I play with dog, I sleep. This change hasn't made a difference other than working from home most of the week. I strictly only drink excessively at home to avoid the awkward "shit now I need a cab" bit so avoiding bars isn't an issue and my extent of eating out (huh, huh) is take out that I can grab on the way home from work, I've already made my drives as efficient as possible where grocery shopping is on the way home from work as well as making a bank deposit if needed. My employer has stuff in all circles of our lives so if automotive or something goes down, it's not that bad as there's still food process, manufacturing, and hospital care all from pharmaceuticals to heating/sterilizing surgical stuff to drying hospital garments.

I managed to find some bleach to make sanitizer today and some nitrille gloves, the small local hardware store had some stock - I just got two small bottles, more than enough once diluted.

Someone broke into my local motorcycle shop, and the police have upped patrols and traffic stops due to more lawless activities. There was a story from our state police in the local news telling people that COVID-19 doesn't mean the laws don't apply. Tiff and I have both noticed changes with all the kids being out of school and parents being home and/or laid off.
Boredom makes people do stupid things, while everyone is being polite for the moment, I can feel the tension in people the few times I've left the house in the last week. I'm now carrying whenever I'm out of the house and I've switched from my little 8-round Ruger to the 16-round CZ P-07.
The increase in Domestic Violence (and child abuse) calls are keeping the police busy and not on their usual patrol routes, people seem to have noticed too, which worries me.

To pass the time, I've been playing GTA online with @DaHitch, @TobiasG, @Galantti, and @Anesthesia. Recently @thomas, and @Raparperi joined in on the shenanigans as well. :)

For me this whole social distancing switch that people seemingly are so worried about really doesn't affect me. I go to work, I go home, I play games, I play with dog, I sleep. This change hasn't made a difference other than working from home most of the week. I strictly only drink excessively at home to avoid the awkward "shit now I need a cab" bit so avoiding bars isn't an issue and my extent of eating out (huh, huh) is take out that I can grab on the way home from work, I've already made my drives as efficient as possible where grocery shopping is on the way home from work as well as making a bank deposit if needed. My employer has stuff in all circles of our lives so if automotive or something goes down, it's not that bad as there's still food process, manufacturing, and hospital care all from pharmaceuticals to heating/sterilizing surgical stuff to drying hospital garments.

Can I play too?

The hell? In the last hour not one but two gangs of tree surgeons have started work within 50 yards of the house at separate properties.

Not only is the constant, two stroke whine of their chain saws intensely annoying, but on top of the current risk of COVID-19 infection there is now a good chance of us contracting Dutch Elm disease.

Well, that's one way to start the morning. If I have to listen to that, can it at least be attached to a Moto3 race?

I managed to find some bleach to make sanitizer today and some nitrille gloves, the small local hardware store had some stock - I just got two small bottles, more than enough once diluted.

Someone broke into my local motorcycle shop, and the police have upped patrols and traffic stops due to more lawless activities. There was a story from our state police in the local news telling people that COVID-19 doesn't mean the laws don't apply. Tiff and I have both noticed changes with all the kids being out of school and parents being home and/or laid off.
Boredom makes people do stupid things, while everyone is being polite for the moment, I can feel the tension in people the few times I've left the house in the last week. I'm now carrying whenever I'm out of the house and I've switched from my little 8-round Ruger to the 16-round CZ P-07.
The increase in Domestic Violence (and child abuse) calls are keeping the police busy and not on their usual patrol routes, people seem to have noticed too, which worries me.

There have been several reports here that various police departments in the metroplex are now no longer responding to calls for theft, shoplifting, and other various low level crimes. I can't help but think that's a terrible thing to have as public knowledge if it is the case...

There have been several reports here that various police departments in the metroplex are now no longer responding to calls for theft, shoplifting, and other various low level crimes. I can't help but think that's a terrible thing to have as public knowledge if it is the case...

Agreed, don't announce that. I already know people are pushing the envelope way more than usual as far as how fast people are driving. This morning driving towards Chicago there was a bunch of people doing 85-90mph which most will only ever do 80mph.

On top of that, since I90 goes right past O'Hare airport, I got to see the a little bit of the airport and it was spooky seeing a bunch of airplanes just parked neatly by their respective owner maintenance warehouses. Usually you can see planes stacked up in the sky landing one right after another but today there just was a lonely Embraer 175 landing as I drove past.

Agreed, don't announce that. I already know people are pushing the envelope way more than usual as far as how fast people are driving. This morning driving towards Chicago there was a bunch of people doing 85-90mph which most will only ever do 80mph.
I was out for a drive the other day and saw cops pulling people over

On top of that, since I90 goes right past O'Hare airport, I got to see the a little bit of the airport and it was spooky seeing a bunch of airplanes just parked neatly by their respective owner maintenance warehouses. Usually you can see planes stacked up in the sky landing one right after another but today there just was a lonely Embraer 175 landing as I drove past.
This may be the first time every flight at O'Hare is on-time in the last 19 years.

Reactions: MWF

We've had some very fun games, admittedly sometimes ever so slightly drunk. :D
So far this whole situation hasn't rly effected me either. Not yet anyway.

Berlin's police department and Ordnungsamt (traffic enforcement) made a point of sending out a press release that they will still prosecute any and all crimes and misdemeanors, including, but not limited to parking violations.

Reactions: MWF
HWF 3.0 is still working as she works as a retail manager for our local hospice and has been redeployed to their eBay department at head office to help keep funds coming in as all their retail outlets, staffed mainly by retired volunteers, have had to close.

I am currently on Govt funded, 80% of salary furlough leave. The money I save on commuting plus the fact that Junior isn't commuting to school by train so I'm not spending £70 a month on his train fare means that although I'm not earning any commission which I always put into savings anyway, I'm not going to be out of pocket on the short term at least.

Two big plusses from the current situation:

1. Since she works for the Hospice she is classed as a critical care worker which means she can access the supermarkets during the times designated for those people so we won't run out of anything at all.

2. As she is the only one commuting she has commandeered the Octavia, because cheating diesel and lower fuel costs. Which leaves Junior and me with the MX5. At home. Bored. And the roads are virtually deserted. And fuel just dropped in price as oil prices have tanked. And going for a drive isn't yet banned. And the forecast for tomorrow looks good...

I think you can see where this is going.

Last edited:
I have just ordered supplies through the internet for the first time.

It was quite odd