Random Thoughts....

I'm trying to buy a Ducati part from eBay and although the seller says they ship to the US, eBay won't let me purchase it because the seller has not checked the box for US shipping. I've emailed the seller about it and hopefully they fix it, but if not, I may be calling for help from the Euro-side of the pond to receive and re-ship the part. (It's not much, about $120 US and I would pay for all costs)

I'm trying to buy a Ducati part from eBay and although the seller says they ship to the US, eBay won't let me purchase it because the seller has not checked the box for US shipping. I've emailed the seller about it and hopefully they fix it, but if not, I may be calling for help from the Euro-side of the pond to receive and re-ship the part. (It's not much, about $120 US and I would pay for all costs)
Happy to help. I'm not at work currently and I go to the Post Office three times a week anyway to send of stuff HWF3.0 sells on ebay.

I think they are farther north, plus, avoiding personal contact right now is worth more than a few dollars in shipping. Thank you for the offer!

I'm happy that my online feeds are no longer memes about being depressed, fat, lazy, horny, or suicidal.

I think that's called "Thursday".

If you're horny and suicidal, are you scaroused?

As I’m trying to relax to sleep I hear this dull knock sound as if something dropped. My immediate thought was “great, animals in the attic.” Then I hear it again and louder about a minute later, then the fridge water valve opens.

It was just the ice maker dumping ice... FFS.

Last time I heard a loud thump in the night, part of our ceiling collapsed on my pool table.
1591546253411.jpeg

There are other sections that are letting go as well (they were pretty much only glued up when the house was built, and the glue is only meant to have a lifespan of 10 years). The garage ceiling is going, the other end of the room pictured above, part of the lounge room, and family room.

Nothing is being done about it because we'd have to basically move out for the plasterers to re-sheet the whole thing.

Last edited:
^ FUCK YOU! THIS IS THE HEATED FLOORS THING ALL OVER AGAIN! Im going to buy some perennials.

:D

Today I'm planning out how to redo some of the plumbing on my heating system. Currently, the pump that circulates hot water from boiler to radiators in the house does that, but Very Wrong. Water goes into the boiler, is heated, and is sent out to radiators. Once the thermostat says "Ok, room is warm!" it cuts power to the pump and burners, this is bad because you're not allowing the boiler to keep the water circulating through to maintain water temp in the boiler, it's also not good because you're shocking the metal (cast iron in this design) every time there's a requirement for heating.

A few years back, dad knew a guy who happened upon a liquidating supply house so I've got 4 extra pumps, 4 different types of zone controllers, about a dozen electronic water valves, and some dozen or so flow control valves (fixed valves designed to be half open and not wear out like a ball valve), and a few different types of air bleeders. What I've wanted to do is have constant water pump flowing through the boiler in a short loop in the basement to ensure even balance of warmth in the boiler but not do so in the summer and not something I want to have to remember to do. In comes helpful controls! I only just realized one of the zone controllers I have has the ability to measure outdoor air temps and both adjust water temp and shut off/on the system as needed based on outdoor air temps. This is perfect as I wouldn't need 180F water temp on say, a 40-50 degree day while when it is snowing I would most likely. Now I just need to devise a plan to either, integrate this controller and install additional water pumps for the upstairs and basement loops, or not and just fix the leak I have.

This controller also has inputs for DHW (Domestic Hot Water) meaning I can have a single gas appliance that heats water instead of the 2 that I have now. That will come at a later date, most likely when the water heater craps out at 7AM on a day I need to go to work. I can at least get the controls side set up and move on.

:D

Today I'm planning out how to redo some of the plumbing on my heating system. Currently, the pump that circulates hot water from boiler to radiators in the house does that, but Very Wrong. Water goes into the boiler, is heated, and is sent out to radiators. Once the thermostat says "Ok, room is warm!" it cuts power to the pump and burners, this is bad because you're not allowing the boiler to keep the water circulating through to maintain water temp in the boiler, it's also not good because you're shocking the metal (cast iron in this design) every time there's a requirement for heating.

A few years back, dad knew a guy who happened upon a liquidating supply house so I've got 4 extra pumps, 4 different types of zone controllers, about a dozen electronic water valves, and some dozen or so flow control valves (fixed valves designed to be half open and not wear out like a ball valve), and a few different types of air bleeders. What I've wanted to do is have constant water pump flowing through the boiler in a short loop in the basement to ensure even balance of warmth in the boiler but not do so in the summer and not something I want to have to remember to do. In comes helpful controls! I only just realized one of the zone controllers I have has the ability to measure outdoor air temps and both adjust water temp and shut off/on the system as needed based on outdoor air temps. This is perfect as I wouldn't need 180F water temp on say, a 40-50 degree day while when it is snowing I would most likely. Now I just need to devise a plan to either, integrate this controller and install additional water pumps for the upstairs and basement loops, or not and just fix the leak I have.

This controller also has inputs for DHW (Domestic Hot Water) meaning I can have a single gas appliance that heats water instead of the 2 that I have now. That will come at a later date, most likely when the water heater craps out at 7AM on a day I need to go to work. I can at least get the controls side set up and move on.

So the day I speak about this, I get customer calling requiring 2 days on site as it happens damaging some of my dream to fix this this. I hate thinking about work and just want to go home and not think of work, this is not the case in my job. instead, I drink excessively and listen to weird Swedish metal while being a bother to no one. It is, the best.

I’ve had one of those days where you don’t know which way is up at the end of it. The wife and I stopped by a friend of hers who had some news to share. We were expecting something like a wedding invitation and/or a second child. Instead we learned that her husband (they got married quickly after the diagnosis) has died of cancer. So instead of a happy family, there was a widowed mother and a half-orphan.

I know the feeling. Awhile ago we got a text from the wife-half of a couple we are friends with. The day before giving birth to their second child she found her husband had been cheating on her with prostitutes for months. The kicker is that she admitted she wasn't ready for a second child yet, but he pushed for it.

This was a couple we were very close to and saw 5+ times a week to work out together before COVID. I'm beyond pissed because it looks like he's intentionally messed up her immigration paperwork so he has the most control over the kids and the relationship. Her only option to leave him would be to go back to her home country and no court will let her take her native American citizen children

Last edited:
Good news peoples! 2020 is in the second half.