Random Thoughts....

Went to drop the mercury off at the mechanics which is the defecto cruise-mobile for hank, my beagle. As I’m walking down the driveway I hear howling. I didn’t want to go for a drive, but hank wanted a car ride, so we compromised and went for an hour long drive around town.

Four months after an earthquake hit Zagreb, severe weather hit the Zagreb area and flooded the city centre. A man was stranded in a car in an underpass in the centre of Zagreb, luckily, he was rescued. Unfortunately, a firefighter died while intervening in a building. I'm okay, and thankfully not affected by the flood, at least from what I know.

In this article (in Croatian) you can see some videos of the flood.

^ I have experience of them on a comfort level which was meh. I'd say lovesac

Most of my furniture is from the Swedish place. The sofa is a “FRIHETEN” (Freedumb sofa! Murrica!) and it’s comfortable enough for its price. Don’t buy anything cheaper than that is my one piece of advice.

Anyone have experience with IKEA furniture? We are in need of a new sofa and wasn't sure how well they held up to wear.

Im interested in this journey. As a legal adult, I really cannot fathom spending money that some places charge for sofas. It seems insane.

Im interested in this journey. As a legal adult, I really cannot fathom spending money that some places charge for sofas. It seems insane.

So far as an adult I have never bought a new sofa. Always buying nice used stuff from friends and such. Last time I bought a couch and recliner for $50. Going to be hard to spend real money.

I too will be following this with great interest.

I bought customized sofa from Rooms To Go like 6 years ago. I went to many different stores and sat on many different sofas because my main requirements were plush/comfortable and long enough for me to lay down on. RTG won out with this one, and it has a pull out bed which is not terrible in the fact that you can't feel the cross bar under the mattress. Not sure if they still do their iSofa customizing thing or not, but would recommend. I got to choose the fabric, pull out mattress type, and 2 pillows. I think it was $700, and they delivered it up to my second story living room.

2 or 3 weeks ago I went and helped some friends pick up a sectional sofa from Ikea, then we assembled it. The floor model sofa was more comfortable than the brand new one, but I guess that's to be expected after it's been sat on by thousands of people. In some time I expect theirs will soften up, too. To me it seems a bit overpriced for the build quality (some of the velcro strips that hold the cover on were about an inch out of where they should have been, but it was at least on the inside of the armrest between the frame, so not a problem once assembled), but given that it's reconfigurable/expandable and you can buy different/new covers for it it probably balances out value wise.

So a Twitch streamer I follow had her credit card info stolen. Do you know what the person who stole her credit card info tried to buy? A TITLED VEHICLE at some powersports dealership. I know criminals aren't usually the smartest, but this takes the freaking cake.

I’ve finally found out why there are videos on YouTube that show nothing but emergency vehicles with lights and sirens:

Toddlers.

I’ve just calmed a desperate raging kid down enough to avoid stopping again after five minutes of driving.

I'm wondering if I became uptight...

Tonight I heard a V10 engined car accelerating hard multiple times in my residential area, and by hard I mean full throttle with two upshifts so I'd estimate the speed around 90-100 kph. After the third time I went outside with a flashlight to check on it. When the car (Audi R8) came round again I stepped onto the road between two parked cars when it was still in a safe distance and flashed the flashlight towards it. Then I retreated between the cars again (I'm not suicidal, the driver would have to wreck his car to get to me) and flashed again after he went by.
That said, the same time I went out two other middle aged men stepped onto the street as well to check on it. We had a short conversation and agreed that was reckless driving, even though we all agreed we were young once and did stupid things. We agreed as well that we didn't have 500+ hp back then though. ;)

"Unfortunately" the R8 driver didn't come back after that, but I don't think he got the clue that his driving was reckless. :(

I mean, 500 metres away is the end of Hamburg where he had a 4 km stretch without any houses right or left, but he chose to drive recklessly in a residential area. Am I being a tightass about that?

Last edited:
I'm wondering if I became a tightass... [unreasonable behavior]
Am I being a tightass about that?

No, but in America confronting that behavior often leads to death so... earplugs and fatalism?

Good thing I don't live in America then... :p

That said, I had an escape plan before I went out, I know the irrationality of some people (not car drivers in particular, but people in general). Since I don't live in a family home but in an apartment building there's no way the driver could have known who I was if he had stopped and I just went into the building.

Am I being a tightass about that?

I think that's called being mature, not a tightass. Heck, I admit I did some reckless things when I was a beginner driver, (not going into details for obvious reasons), but I'm not exactly proud of that. Seven years after I got my licence, and while still being an averagely spirited driver (not that I can be much of one in a 60hp Saxo), I think there are places for driving fast, and that residential streets are definitely not such places.