Random Thoughts....

I have completed my good deed for the day.

An elderly customer here at the trophy shop walked out to find a flat tire on his Hyundai. We changed it in the rain. Guess he'd ran over a piece of metal. Poked a big hole in the tire.

He insisted on giving me $2, to "buy a Coke". :D

Hm.

*googles*

"The price of 2 liters of Coca-Cola in St. Louis, Missouri is $1.90. This average is based on 9 price points."

And it’s not even winter yet. Yay! :roll:

And it’s not even winter yet. Yay! :roll:
Apparently you need the D..... Vitamin D. Since that can come from the sun and there’s quite a lack of it in autumn and winter, you can experience seasonal depression that way.

Yup. That’s the story of about half my life. I long for winters with snow and many sunny days, but I live in Central Europe. So it’s overcast skies, drizzle, fog, slush and wet cold instead.

I am now registered as an organ donor...shit's weird

...what is with people and thinking that about me lately :p :p

We love you!

Thirded. I might be a bit jaded about hurricanes, but I think you might be closer to the coast than I am.

Also, who thought naming this thing Iota was a good idea?

We love you!
Luv u too bby :p

How's the hurricane situation? Hope you and yours are doing ok. ?
Seconded!
Thirded. I might be a bit jaded about hurricanes, but I think you might be closer to the coast than I am.

Also, who thought naming this thing Iota was a good idea?

Iota is close enough to "Idiota" to give it some levity :p

The hurricane situation is not good. Even if we leave aside the fact that there's a cat5 heading directly to my doorstep, the ground is already saturated with water which increases the likelihood of landslides (Not a problem near my house) and flash flooding (very much a problem near my house). Most of the northern part of the country is still underwater (literally).

My town in particular is relatively safe, we're about 1000m over sea level and there's even taller mountains surrounding us. Those should slow down and weaken the hurricane before it arrives. Unfortunately, it also means that my city is basin-shaped, so most of the advantages of collective higher ground are lost.

Personally, I live quite close to a river, so I have already prepared for evac and checked escape routes and higher grounds where I can move my cars and use them as a makeshift camp for me, the family, and the pets. The bag with documentation, cash, and assorted other needs has also been packed for a "grab and go" situation.

I shall keep you updated.

Damn. Fingers crossed you won't need all that.
And here's to negative tests for all the possible infectees here!

Keep your head, and you sound like you will be fine.

?

So far everything is fine in my neighborhood. People in areas higher up are being evacuated because of risks of landslides.

The north is once again literally underwater. There is some solace on the fact that iota weakened massively as soon as it hit land and it's now a category 1. Still concerning of course, but a bit less so.

So far everything is fine in my neighborhood. People in areas higher up are being evacuated because of risks of landslides.

The north is once again literally underwater. There is some solace on the fact that iota weakened massively as soon as it hit land and it's now a category 1. Still concerning of course, but a bit less so.
Happy to hear you've seemed to escape at least something worse.

It is Wednesday, my dudes.

DE374DA9-115F-4CC7-8834-28C9C4D90B33.jpeg