Random Thoughts....

Well... depends. Some people especially moms want to take every possible item the child may need at all times. And that, combined with how massive a stroller + child seat is nowadays, may call for a larger boot.

OTOH I know someone who needed an A6 Avant to do this... which is a bit much
Bullshit.

I had a kid and the stroller took up all the space in trunk of my Palio (a small-ish hatchback). Did I need a bigger car? Fuck no.
This annoys me SO MUCH. "I got a kid. Now I need a 3-row SUV for all the baby stuff!"
This is how we get the fuckton of CUVs SUVs WTUVs. Congrats. You killed the sedan.

/rant

And from somebody who really doesn't like GM products. I've had a few Chevy Malibu's and Impala's. Those are damn nice and it's frustrating how those suddenly aren't good enough for people anymore. About the worst thing with the recent Impala was the funny steering wheel and center screen tilted back that absorbed sunlight. The back seats have a ton of space...

I'd like to do one too. Then I start pricing a cabin... ?
It's the price of a flight+ so yeah, I know what you mean. I fear though as time goes on that these routes will eventually go away, so it'd be nice to do it before that happens.

I don't want to burn my vacation though where It's 1 week there, and 1 week back. Or 1 week there and 4 hour flight back.

Bullshit.

I had a kid and the stroller took up all the space in trunk of my Palio (a small-ish hatchback). Did I need a bigger car? Fuck no.
This annoys me SO MUCH. "I got a kid. Now I need a 3-row SUV for all the baby stuff!"
This is how we get the fuckton of CUVs SUVs WTUVs. Congrats. You killed the sedan.

/rant

You’re totally right that it’s bullshit. But some women are just extremely fussy. We bought a Picasso when the kids were small, and in the end we were glad we did, since 2 bmx bikes + 2 kids + extra stuff fit with ease. Then again a Picasso isn’t exactly enormous.

We have a smaller car with bike rack now, since we didn’t need the space

Bullshit.

/rant
Is it better if I want the giant 3-row SUV just because I want one?

Is it better if I want the giant 3-row SUV just because I want one?
Yes.
You're still wrong, but at least you're honest about your wrongness. :p

I was hearing a podcast and someone asks "I recently got a kid and I need a bigger car. I have a Golf R."

NO YOU IDIOT, YOU DON'T NEED A BIGGER CAR.
You might want a bigger car, but you dont NEED it.
Ugh.

I did a 2000 km summer vacation road trip with my wife and 2 kids in the RS.

It was thight, but fun.

But who am I to judge, I "need" 350 hp for my family car :LOL:

Openly wanting something unnecessary is better than making up excuses why one "needs" it.

If I had a family, I'd really need a bigger car - but only if I intended to transport that family by car. If that's necessary is another question. :D

if having so many children is what makes someone happy
I just have to reply on this. Creating a living, thinking, feeling being for your own (the creator's) happiness is probably the most egoistic thing one can do in this world.

I just have to reply on this. Creating a living, thinking, feeling being for your own (the creator's) happiness is probably the most egoistic thing one can do in this world.
I can't help think of Young Frankenstein when I read this.

1610582914008.png

I feel lot lots of people have kids just to please themselves though, some go further and think they're building a little army.

I found an old gift card in a box I hadn't looked into in a while. In California, store-specific gift-cards can't expire, and they can't charge dormancy fees or anything like that.

The issue is...the gift card is Blockbuster.

Apparently, they re-assigned the phone number on the back of the Blockbuster card to the company that maintains the gift cards for Basha's Family of Stores...a small chain of grocery store in Arizona. The recording said that my card's number wasn't activated, so the automated system couldn't verify my balance.

I'll be calling them tomorrow. Just for shits and giggles.

Last edited:
EXACTLY this.
“It’s hard to bend down with a kid.” Is what I get told.

That said, who are we to tell people what they can and cannot buy? Does it seem absolutely stupid to us? Sure. But we're not them.

Last edited:
“It’s hard to bend down with a kid.” Is what I get told.

That said, who are we to tell people what they can and cannot buy? Does it seem absolutely stupid to us? Sure. But we're not them.
You are misinterpreting me.
I will defend the people's choice to buy the STUPIDEST thing they desire.
I dream about a lot of impractical cars.
My dream garage has (among other things) a Caterham (barely room for 2 adults) a GR Yaris (do I need a 2-door hatch, 260hp and AWD? Fuck no!) a drift-spec E46 M3 (kill all tires ), an NA Miata with a 26B swap (WHAT? SPEAK LOUDER!) and E60 M5 (because V10>V8).

What rubs me the wrong way is trying to justify it like they are forced to make those decisions.

"Oh, I NEED a truck because I carry a lot of groceries and and and...POTHOLES, yes that's it."

"I need the Dodge Demon otherwise I can't merge from an on-ramp."

Just be honest. Own it.

"I want a fucking 800hp muscle car"

"I have self-image issues and I need a big truck to feel safe."

"I need the newsest 7-row SUV to take my ONE kid to school otherwise I will feel the other mothers will look at me like I am poor."