Random Thoughts....

The upstairs neighbours, a sixty-something woman and her 18-ish year old granddaughter, are fighting and I’m reminded of far too many sitcoms.

unnamed.jpg

Well this design on Blipshift looks good:

1610992128362.png

Wait a cocking second.

1610992241380.png

:thumbsup:

Nice. I like a lot of the Blipshift designs but the import duty from the US is a killer.

Has there ever been a thought about doing an old TG rewatch group session thing? I find myself watching episodes on the side during quarantine out of boredom. I'm on season 10 and chatting with 93flareside and rickhamilton about how its probably the most perfect season. Thought it would be cool to get everyones' opinions on these episodes again.

It could make a good addition to the Google meetings if we all had access to the show, or as a separate thing.

Season 10 is probably my favourite too, contains my favourite episode - the BL one.

Reactions: LP
Sounds good! I suggest that the first episode be 07x03. ROOONEY!
That’s what he says? I thought he was just saying “loser” in a weird way.

Last edited:
I really want Leviathan Falls to hit shelves, but I don't want the story to end.

In the meantime maybe @leviathan would exchange currency for a picture of him falling into some shelves? :p

I really should read the books, I'm enjoying the TV show but I'm terrible with books. I've had Adam Savage's book since last September and I'm only a third through, unless I'm away somewhere there's always something else that I put before reading. I tried to put 30 minutes away every evening to read but that lasted about a week.

I found The Expanse books to be really engaging. I burned through most the series in just a few months, and that was with me trying to slow down and pace myself. They are not your typical impenetrable SciFi that's hard to get into unless you are already a scifi "insider". Anyone could pick up Leviathan Wakes and know what's going on.

I have the same issue with the "Expanse" book series that I have with "A Song of Ice and Fire" - I love both TV shows (well, mostly) so I'm afraid reading the books will taint them for me. Or that my mind is too set on the TV interpretations that I can't let my own imagination run loose (I have narrowly avoided that with "Harry Potter", only having known the actors from pictures, but not having watched the movies before reading the books).

The writers for the show are the book authors, I've read books 1-8 and I'm watching the show - even knowing major plot points doesn't spoil the show for me. Wes Chatham is absolutely killing it at Amos, he's become my favorite character in the books and the show.

I recommend reading the series if you like the show, they compliment each other.

Well I definitely have to get them now. I'll finish Adam's book, then get them. I'd like to collect the TV series on Blu-ray too, I have season 3 because it was delayed so much here but they didn't release any in UHD, seems a downgrade when I can watch them on Prime video in UHD but that's a bit of a chore and the quality is variable at best.

Book wise, I recently got the latest Simon Stålenhag graphic novel/artbook, Things from the Flood. I already bought Tales from the Loop and The Electric State last year, mainly because I wanted all of his art collected together but also because they finally give stories to the pictures.

I really hope they make a series of Things from the Flood like they did with Tales from the Loop, it would be a much darker series and probably crossing into Stranger Things territory with the monsters shown in the artwork.

Feeling accomplished, filed federal taxes. Still too early for state, but I'm 50% finished. Usually I think about doing it now, do half the stuff, then panic in April when I'm out of town and about to miss the deadline. This year I chose to do direct deposit which should eliminate the snafus from last year...

How long have you gone without driving?
How long have you gone without owning a car vehicle?

I haven't driven in 4 months and I haven't owned a car or motorcycle for 6 months. Feels weird.

Last time I drove Bob was the 5th Jan, I drove Nebs the weekend before but only a very short distance. Before that I hadn't driven her for a few weeks because I didn't need to visit the office and had no other reason to drive. The brakes were stuck on and I had to work them to remove the rust from the discs, no doubt I will have to do this again.

Always owned something since the Series III in 2008 because I'm a fool and can't sell one thing before buying another. :LOL:

Doesn't compare much I know. You should get a Smart Roadster, you should all get a Smart Roadster.

How long have you gone without driving?
How long have you gone without owning a car vehicle?

I haven't driven in 4 months and I haven't owned a car or motorcycle for 6 months. Feels weird.
Ever? About 17.7 years without driving a motorized vehicle. About 20.5 years without owning one.

Currently? Last time I drove the car was five days ago, last time I rode the bike maybe three months. I don't even remember...

So 4 months when on an extended travel period.
This pandemic 2 months. I thought I should run the engine from time to time. Though you can't just push the accelerator in my car because of the electric motor. So I drove around the block. It was last week that I started to think about the gas in the tank... With the limited drives I make I use only the electric drive the gas is about a year old.

Never not owned a car