Random Thoughts....

Good news: The TV to replace the one I dropped the bike into was to be delivered today.

Bad news: They didn't tell me it had to be signed for, so it wasn't delivered today.

Further good news: They will try to redeliver tomorrow and I can sign to have it left, even if I am not here.

Further bad news: I still won't have a TV to watch tonight.

Looking at getting squirrel traps so that I can capture the squirrels my idiot neighbor feeds peanuts. I'm not sure what party Home Depot is looking for, but shocking squirrels to death is not something I'm interested in.

Capture.PNG

Speaking of squirrels, it’s astounding how different the red ones are from the grey type. If you so much as look at a red one the wrong way, it’ll take of and watch you from some distant branch. I’d never dream of setting a trap for one. Grey squirrel? “Whaddaya lookin at? Gimme your food!”

Red squirrels are very naughty. (NSFW language)

Yeah DPD also show you the current/recent position of the driver on a map and an estimate time of when they think he’ll arrive. This starts with a two hour window in the morning, then goes down to a 15 minute window (I think) the closer they get - for me it has still always been wrong so far ?‍♂️
speak of the devil - I gotta eat my own words! Today they were actually over an hour early!
The tracking is utterly broken though, because that still shows my package driving around in some other part of town :D

speak of the devil - I gotta eat my own words! Today they were actually over an hour early!
The tracking is utterly broken though, because that still shows my package driving around in some other part of town :D

I received a guitar in June, after it had been sitting in the FedEx hub 1.7 miles away from my home for over 11 days. I just ran the tracking number again, and it still says there's been a delivery exception, and no scheduled delivery date is available. ?

It's going to snow sometime today leading into tomorrow, and Thursday is our usual grocery getting day, so we decided to preemptively get groceries a day early to avoid having to drive in or be caught in snow/snowy traffic.

So I had to let my folks at work know I was gonna be out, so my slack message for them was

"Leaving at 4 today to procure provisions prior to probably precarious precipitation prompting proactive protective procedures"

Positively perplexing, producing pretentious prose, potentially persisting of potent pronouns.

I bookmarked Oymyakon, the coldest settlement on earth, in my weather app as a sort of reminder of how much faster I could be freezing my arse off. It works almost without fault, but today, the -33 degrees Celsius report for Oymyakon is very much challenged by another place I’ve bookmarked:

The little town in central Germany where my parents live is reporting -23. :blink: And they’ve had lots of snow as well.

I bookmarked Oymyakon, the coldest settlement on earth, in my weather app as a sort of reminder of how much faster I could be freezing my arse off. It works almost without fault, but today, the -33 degrees Celsius report for Oymyakon is very much challenged by another place I’ve bookmarked:

The little town in central Germany where my parents live is reporting -23. :blink: And they’ve had lots of snow as well.
And here I thought most of Germany a lot more temperate weather...

we’re having minus teen Celsius during the day and minus the 20s at night

Last edited:
It is, the temperature is supposed to rise to +13 by next Saturday.
Omg..... I don’t mind cold, but I hate this “fuck you” cold we’re having. So, while some might not like it, I wouldn’t mind an above freezing winter.

It is, the temperature is supposed to rise to +13 by next Saturday.
We are in the same boat here in southern Missouri. It has been below freezing for 7 days now, highs hovering around 20f/-7c, lows just a tad colder. But tomorrow we are expected to get 6"/15cm snow, and Monday morning we will wake up to -11f/-24c. Then, but the weekend, it's expected to turn decent. Though with being below freezing for nearly two weeks, the prairie ground out here will need a week to dry out and not be jello.

The first day of snow in Seattle.

seattlesnow2021.jpg

The first day of snow in Seattle.

View attachment 3560237
Looks about right. Though something I don’t get, for all the videos of cars sliding around because of the rain, snow, rain, snow, why don’t they have snow removal crews available?

The snow doesn't last. Today's snow will be gone when the rain comes in tomorrow.

It's hard to justify the cost of a snow removal crew when it can go four years without a day of snow, and then only for a week or so at most.

As far as natural annoyances are concerned, the Pacific Northwest just has rain, gloom, earthquakes, and volcanos.