Random Thoughts....

CBD is not weed(cannabis), it is an extract. THC is the main psychoactive compound, and the fun one.

@93Flareside if you want some advice, you know where to hit me up.

<OldFart>

I was just re-watching Van Halen's Dreams music video and it reminded me of Top Gun. The video features the A-4 Skyhawk flying for the Blue Angels, it was also the aggressor when Maverick was at Top Gun ... ok, look, not important how my brain works sometimes.

Anyway, I realized that Maverick is an absolute dick who had no business being at Top Gun in the first place. Iceman (Val Kilmer) was seen as Maverick's antagonist and rival at the school. "They call him Iceman. It's the way he flies, ice-cold -- no mistakes." Ice confronts Maverick several times about being a danger in the cockpit and risking himself, his squadron, and his aircraft. Maverick demonstrates this by buzzing the control tower against the direction of ATC and potentially risking a mid-air collision with other traffic. He abandons his wingman to go chase points and personal glory. He violates ATC directions again by buzzing the control tower of an aircraft carrier - the most dangerous bit of real estate in the world that is currently undergoing combat operations and just fought off a Russian attack. He broke the rules of engagement at Top Gun and somehow wasn't removed from the program. He also killed his RIO by being overly aggressive in the training exercise rather than cover and assist his leader, he tried to "steal" the kill for his own glory since they were both tied for points.

The purpose of Top Gun is for students to return to their squadrons as teaching pilots; to share their knowledge and enhance the performance of their squadron with what they learned in mock combat at Top Gun - especially when faced with non-US tactics being employed by dissimilar aircraft. Maverick was the least qualified Top Gun candidate and should have been court martialed out of the Navy.

Maverick may be charismatic, but he's a horrible protagonist. He's a chronic rule breaker who always seems to escape consequences; even being praised by his superiors for his dangerous behavior.

Maverick is Harry Potter. Iceman is Longbottom. I want to see Top Gun re-told from Iceman's perspective.

</OldFart>

Last edited:
You're in the wrong thread. :p

Also, yeah, all of your points are true, but watching someone being sensible doesn't make a good movie...

I figured it was sufficiently random.

On the next episode: Karate Kid, a.k.a., Daniel LaRusso was a dick that deserved the beating.

Let's not even get started on Ferris Bueller. He was a teenage Dennis the Menace.

Let's not even get started on Ferris Bueller.

He tried to reverse the mileage on a car by running it in reverse. Oh sure, it sounds silly to me, but then again, I WENT TO SCHOOL! :p

This is before you hate on him for causing at least one homicide in Chicago that night, or indeed for dating Mia Sera. Quick, everyone, raise your hands if you would go to school every day for a chance at that.

On the next episode: Karate Kid, a.k.a., Daniel LaRusso was a dick that deserved the beating.

Isn’t that basically the entire script of ‘Cobra Kai’? I thought it was interesting to see the same events from the other side, so while Johnny Lawrence WAS a dick, from his view he was robbed of a victory because of an illegal move yadda yadda yadda

Isn’t that basically the entire script of ‘Cobra Kai’? I thought it was interesting to see the same events from the other side, so while Johnny Lawrence WAS a dick, from his view he was robbed of a victory because of an illegal move yadda yadda yadda
Yes, and it was good.
Also, there was an article circulating with a similar premise long before Cobra Kai that pretty much told the story from Johnny's perspective.
I can't find it right now.

When I read that United will bring back supersonic travel with purchase from Boom Supersonic jets...
106891703-1622722519710united2-jpg.jpeg

There's still hope Scott brings it back

51sSB8jhzlL._AC_.jpg

Clarkson called it a "Concord Moment" when we reach the apex of technological achievement and then crash backwards... That's how I feel about not having Scott Tubeless Toilet Paper

2014-2019. I'm down to my last two cases and they are reserved for special times of the year

2014-2019. I'm down to my last two cases and they are reserved for special times of the year

Having a special occasion for TP.... That's a new one. :)

I'm serious I love tubeless toilet paper. So for months like June or December when there is alot on the calendar I treat myself with a couple of tubeless rolls.

I'm not the only one.

I'm sure this decision by the Scott Company shook the world when I found out I bought 5 cases I'm down to my last two. Last month I had tubed toilet paper and it was terrible

What about IAD? Some parts of the midfield concourses aren’t terrible… :think: If this plane does ever fly, I better have a load of award miles ready.

IAD is not within reasonable driving distance for me.