Random Thoughts....

Nope nope nope fuck that fuuuuck that. I don't want my driver's license to run out of battery or to get a new one if I want to use an Android or something.

And I agree with Chris as well. I've had this beautiful leather one for the better part of a decade now. Even with leather care it has developed this interesting wear pattern on it ( I think they call it "Beaten to shit"). Unfortunately the shitty non-leather inner pocket thingies are now failing, they wouldn't if they had been leather ;)

I accept recommendations :p

View attachment 3562431

D00C0DB8-B1A5-4414-82D5-980C7200CFAC.jpeg

I’ve had this for about 6-7 years now. It’s made of Horween Leather and was made into a wallet by a couple guys that stated their own business who work for the tannery. Ashland Leather

Man, I need a new purse. Mine's starting to get that well-beaten look. I can never find one I really like, though. I keep thinking of downsizing, but being able to stash a 'lump in my current big purse for events is convenient, too.

I've had ZenMate for a VPN for years. Makes racing series think I'm out of the country when I don't have a cable login for wherever's got the U.S. contract. Works well and hasn't given me much of a billing headache.

Speaking of wallets, I could finally get around to getting a new one, because I don't have the old format ID card anymore...
Oh, another late adopter! :wave: I went to city hall on the very last possible day to get one of the old “analogue” ID cards even though my existing one was still valid for a good while.

So I was thinking, kids right......they are a lot more versatile, they adapt to new things a lot faster, they learn a lot faster, and they bounce, like you can throw a lot of fysical injury at a kid that would cripple an adult and they will just shrug it off right?

So why don't we use them for war? Like a tank piloted by children would be half the size and 1/4the of the resources, (square cube law) but pack the same punch! It's like a total win!

So I was thinking, kids right......they are a lot more versatile, they adapt to new things a lot faster, they learn a lot faster, and they bounce, like you can throw a lot of fysical injury at a kid that would cripple an adult and they will just shrug it off right?

So why don't we use them for war? Like a tank piloted by children would be half the size and 1/4the of the resources, (square cube law) but pack the same punch! It's like a total win!

The US already allows 17 with parents consent to join the army.

Old saying “you can die for your country before you can vote, smoke, and drink.”

But 17 like, that takes,17 years of resources to bring them up right.....but like 8-9 , that only takes 8-9 years of resources........it's like a no brainer! Plus there's less time to get attached to them and stuff.....so less grief.

Also, kids 9-12 have ridiculously good hand/eye coordination because of a million hours of Playstation. There may be some logic in this….

I’m pretty sure a 17 year old could beat a 9 year old. From my own experience, 17 year olds have much more developed strength, especially in the left arm.

I’m pretty sure a 17 year old could beat a 9 year old. From my own experience, 17 year olds have much more developed strength, especially in the left arm.
Left? I guess it depends on which side they’re dominant.

I was listening to “We didn’t start the fire” when some fighter jet on a training mission flew over at high speed. How very apt.

Bomb alarm, again. Luckily, in the city as usual (same site as three weeks ago), not out here in the suburbs. The "air raid siren" tune I have set for these notifications manages to get my attention anyway...

Bomb alarm, again. Luckily, in the city as usual (same site as three weeks ago), not out here in the suburbs. The "air raid siren" tune I have set for these notifications manages to get my attention anyway...
...wait, what? Bombs that are left in the ground from ages ago, or like, wannabe unabombers doin' shenanigans?

...wait, what? Bombs that are left in the ground from ages ago
That.
Unexploded bombs from WW2 air raids. Apparently this one is number 37 found this year here in this town.
It's still standard procedure to search for them during construction work, and routine to actually find one. Aerial imagery taken by the Allies after the bombing runs helps immensely. We have people who look at those pictures for a living, identifying small craters where a bomb fell, but didn't go off. Well, perhaps not full-time, at least I hope so. :D
The joys of living in a city that was heavily targeted in WW2...

Yup - similar situation for us (at least one a week), also regarding the 'burbs not being affected so much part :) The city's twitter is like half bomb and associated evacuation announcements...

I've had this beautiful leather one for the better part of a decade now. Even with leather care it has developed this interesting wear pattern on it ( I think they call it "Beaten to shit"). Unfortunately the shitty non-leather inner pocket thingies are now failing, they wouldn't if they had been leather ;)

I accept recommendations :p

Speaking of wallets, I could finally get around to getting a new one, because I don't have the old format ID card anymore...
Not having used cash in almost three months I used the oppurtunity to downgrade to a smaller wallet as well.

I am very happy with the Harber London bifold wallet. Ships from Spain, so no Brexit customs hassle.

EDIT: Also, there always is the Bad Motherfucker Wallet.

Last edited:
I finally DID buy myself a new Colorado purse. I've been using the same one since 2011 I guess. It's held up well, but the security tag that should have long ago been deactivated, continues to set off store alarms at random.

I particularly remember the times it happened in a bookstore in Tampere, and at Tesco in Glasgow - the infamous Tesco lunch stop.

It was the security guy in Glasgow who finally worked out it was my wallet. I left everything outside with the Roadtrip group, while I walked in with my phone and wallet. And I still lit everything up like I'd won the linked jackpot on a poker machine.

Last edited:
That.
Unexploded bombs from WW2 air raids. Apparently this one is number 37 found this year here in this town.
It's still standard procedure to search for them during construction work, and routine to actually find one. Aerial imagery taken by the Allies after the bombing runs helps immensely. We have people who look at those pictures for a living, identifying small craters where a bomb fell, but didn't go off. Well, perhaps not full-time, at least I hope so. :D
Oh wow. I knew that was a thing, but didn't realize it was still that common.