Random Thoughts....

I had honestly given up hope by now, but I finally got my tax notice today... after being an exemplary tax payer and sending in my stuff in april already. yeah, they sat on the damn tax return for 5 whole months. 5 months! not a single question for clarification or evidence or anything... argh! is that normal for a first-time-since-marriage tax return? :-?

I had honestly given up hope by now, but I finally got my tax notice today... after being an exemplary tax payer and sending in my stuff in april already. yeah, they sat on the damn tax return for 5 whole months. 5 months! not a single question for clarification or evidence or anything... argh! is that normal for a first-time-since-marriage tax return? :-?

The IRS has been gutted the last 10 years, to the point where they don't really go after rich people with complicated taxes anymore and focus on the middle class for audits, etc. I'm sure an addition side effect is taking longer on taxes that aren't super duper easy.

The IRS has been gutted the last 10 years, to the point where they don't really go after rich people with complicated taxes anymore and focus on the middle class for audits, etc. I'm sure an addition side effect is taking longer on taxes that aren't super duper easy.

Der IRS?

In Germany it's not them being gutted but mostly their IT systems still not supporting working from home, so they have to make do with as little people in the office as covid regs allow...

In Germany it's not them being gutted but mostly their IT systems still not supporting working from home, so they have to make do with as little people in the office as covid regs allow...
Ugh... I honestly didn't even think of that! Fair enough, I guess, but would've been nice to be notified "this is going to take a while" - I somehow got used to wait times of 6-8 weeks max. when handing in on deadline-day (so them being flooded, thus this being a long comparatively wait). And our joint tax return honestly isn't any more complicated than my single one used to be.

2020 was the last time I mailed in my tax return after the covid regs caused my tax return to take 9 months to get.

I'm in the pub, there are people who are (loudly) discussing the merits of their kia's........god I miss my old pub (closed down) , plenty of morons in there to, but atleast no fucking square-ass kia drivers......I have half a mind to shine a flashlight in their eyes and put them out of their misery.

Edit: it just got better! An avid dacia driver (who does not understand the airconditioning in it, as per his own admittance in a previous encounter) has joined the conversation!

Last edited:
{ ahem }

Penis.

What? You want some? I'm afraid I'm a bit far away sugartits......

Edit: sorry, sorry, "miss sugartits"

Last edited:
I'm in the pub, there are people who are (loudly) discussing the merits of their kia's........god I miss my old pub (closed down) , plenty of morons in there to, but atleast no fucking square-ass kia drivers......I have half a mind to shine a flashlight in their eyes and put them out of their misery.

Edit: it just got better! An avid dacia driver (who does not understand the airconditioning in it, as per his own admittance in a previous encounter) has joined the conversation!

I was talking to 2 guys of a contractor we sell to out of Milwaukee. For whatever reason Kia's are being stolen so often a couple of hotels offer steering wheel locks for Kia's parked in their lot. One of the office people is working from home because her Kia was stolen. It was found and the story going with the rundown areas of Mikwaukee are this, cars get stolen a lot more now and people aren't taking them and selling parts, all they're doing is joy riding and then ditching the car when they run out fuel. The other thing I noticed being there the past couple of months is people speed in the city, like high speeds, 100-110km/h. It's not fun.

It was found and the story going with the rundown areas of Mikwaukee are this, cars get stolen a lot more now and people aren't taking them and selling parts, all they're doing is joy riding and then ditching the car when they run out fuel.
Back in 2005, when I spent a half year in new zealand, it seems this was all the rage with a certain type of "urban youth". they'd pick their way into a car (mostly old cars, easy to pick open and get to run without doing damage) and go for a joyride. the owner would notice, but mostly, people were already used to this, so they'd give it a day or two. and lo and behold, the next night, their car would be back on the street in front of their house. very wholesome :ROFLMAO:

Sep21_20_78814419.jpg

Caption this photo.