Random Thoughts....

The same people who like wheel of fortune and buy secondhand Toyotas........
1651554394669.png

:p

So, in the pub, talking to this guy I just met, in walks this girl! Gorgeous! Hips wagging, In her early 20's, Perfect face, 6ft tall, curvy in all the right places, tight jeans, exposed belly button, just a hint of a shirt.....

He goes " there she is" and she walks over, he goes : meet my daughter, just turned 14......what? Like what? Like holy fucking shitsticks what? So do I just turn myself in at this point or what do they expect me to do?

Fuck I'm old, and out of touch and everything......I'm going home before I mistake a 6 year old for my Grandmother.......

Ok, so I killed this thread, let me try to restart it with a queustion, whats your ideal afterlife like?

For me it's basicly Viking whalhallah, eating from succulent meat that never runs out, drinking beer from a giant cup that never empties, and a busty tavern wench that never sais no to keep me company.........such! Is a gluttons Heaven!

A place where I don’t feel bored or tired of seeing the same things. Not feeling like I’m missing something to feel content. Never feeling like I’m wasting time. And a track to drive on like the nürburgring. Unlimited fuel for my cars, unlimited tires and brakes that never weaken with heat.

And I’m the evenings a bar with good beer and friends to bullshit with.

There is no afterlife, so the point of life is to make your time on Earth count. But I’d like to be remembered as a halfway decent human being.

Anything not eternal torment would be fun as an afterlife. To try and guess what that would look like is rather like playing a metaphysical version of Plato's allegory of the cave. But whatever it could be, it will be rather amusing...assuming we would maintain the capability of experiencing something resembling amusement.

Last edited:
I don't believe in an afterlife, but in regards to any sort of "legacy", this resonated with me:

"Too many people spend their lives being dutiful descendants instead of good ancestors. It's more important to make your children proud than your parents proud."

I think "Life on Mars" had it nailed, a proper afterlife is a nice corner pub. The slightly more Finnish version of "eternal summer break at the Mökki" also works for me.

A place where I don’t feel bored or tired of seeing the same things. Not feeling like I’m missing something to feel content. Never feeling like I’m wasting time. And a track to drive on like the nürburgring. Unlimited fuel for my cars, unlimited tires and brakes that never weaken with heat.

And I’m the evenings a bar with good beer and friends to bullshit with.
Man, this would be it for me. Tons of neat places to hoon and explore.

8 years here at this job and today I successfully bravely challenged someone's nonsensical logic. This person has a PhD, practically built the cameras on Hubble, and has as much astronomy experience as I've been alive.

30ft tall sculpture of Sir Francis Drake for sale. Buyer much pay for removal from site and transportation, foundation not included.

1652231665501.png
1652231704057.png

1652319405714.png

Yes, but flying a car is SO much more fun, hahahahahaha.

Cologne has two stations for high speed trains to/from Frankfurt. One is a direct tram ride away from the stop near my home, the other requires a change. Usually, I get a bit annoyed when I have to make that change, but one of the interchange stops is near the city’s Little (well, tiny) India… and it’s mango season. And so I get a lot less annoyed. :mrgreen:

USPS flat-rate boxes do have a weight limit: 70 lbs, which is the same for all of the flat rate box sizes. However, the size of the small box is such that even if it was filled with the heaviest naturally-ocurring element we know of, osmium, it would still not hit the maximum allowed weight. It would only hit 61.5lbs. Meaning that it's physically impossible to exceed the weight limit*.

(*on earth, at typical atmospheric pressure).

Had to contact the health service earlier so had to dig our several cards from my wallet, shows how often I use cards in the middle section of the tri-fold because I noticed a lump. Something was in there that I had forgotten about.

Since it's very unlikely that this will be useful again, I've polished the shit out of it and will keep it on my shelf of interesting items, next to my 3D printed frailer.