Random Thoughts....

He‘s on IG? He’s kept that hidden from me! :eek: Rascal!

… although this “bear on ig“ thing feels a little deja vu-ish. Have I missed that before? 🤨
Uh-oh—is it another FinalGearian's bears I follow?

ETA: D'oh! Yep, that's calvinhobbes' bears.

@thomas' girlfriend's son had lost his.... I want to say a dinosaur
I was out in the bobtail Disco earlier and parked up out on a country lane to check the fuel, there was a toy dinosaur on the fence looking very lost. I hope someone finds their lost toy, I'm not the type to immediately grab it and cable-tie it to the front grille but it crossed my mind. Couldn't help thinking of the lost dinosaur mentioned here. I should've taken a picture but it seemed cruel somehow.

I never had bears, my childhood toy friend was a ginger Pound Purries cat, he's chilling in the wardrobe. the 'model' was called Irwin apparently, someone is selling one on Etsy. I don't remember the eyes ever being full. I wore out the back of his neck so he has a scarf holding him together. He's in a lot of the home videos and pictures.

My parents and grandparents on my Dad's side had stuffed toys on the backs of their sofas, not something anyone would do now I don't think. My grandma had a doll that was actual baby sized and had a rigid head & limbs, also it had a music box inside. If it slipped or was moved the music would play a few notes. TERRIFYING.

Last edited:
I was out in the bobtail Disco earlier and parked up out on a country lane to check the fuel, there was a toy dinosaur on the fence looking very lost. I hope someone finds their lost toy, I'm not the type to immediately grab it and cable-tie it to the front grille but it crossed my mind. Couldn't help thinking of the lost dinosaur mentioned here. I should've taken a picture but it seemed cruel somehow.

I never had bears, my childhood toy friend was a ginger Pound Purries cat, he's chilling in the wardrobe. the 'model' was called Irwin apparently, someone is selling one on Etsy. I don't remember the eyes ever being full. I wore out the back of his neck so he has a scarf holding him together. He's in a lot of the home videos and pictures.

My parents and grandparents on my Dad's side had stuffed toys on the backs of their sofas, not something anyone would do now I don't think. My grandma had a doll that was actual baby sized and had a rigid head & limbs, also it had a music box inside. If it slipped or was moved the music would play a few notes. TERRIFYING.

I had this dog/bear thing wearing a blue one piece outfit. It had a rattle ball inside and I don’t know where it’s gone to. I was more interested in blankets that had a silk edging because I liked the feeling when I ran the webbing of my fingers along it. Mom still had the blanket so I know it’s being kept safe.

Now I think about it there are definitely memories with a certain blanket my parents had, it was a padded blanket and had a couple of rabbits on it. I think it mainly came out when I was ill so I've probably thrown up on it and had it wrapped around me. Mum probably still has it.

I still have a plush mickey mouse in a parade outfit my parents got for me when I was born. Apparently the effect of the light pattern when you squeezed it was very relaxing for toddler me.

It hasn't worked in years and, to be honest, I'm scared of trying to open the battery case to see if they took them out the last time it functioned.

I still have a plush mickey mouse in a parade outfit my parents got for me when I was born. Apparently the effect of the light pattern when you squeezed it was very relaxing for toddler me.

It hasn't worked in years and, to be honest, I'm scared of trying to open the battery case to see if they took them out the last time it functioned.
Aww. I bet he's cute.

Puffalumps are really silky feeling, so I totally get the blanket thing.

That's Huggy on the right, along with my Dad's teddy bear Teddy Edkins. He's 70 years old, and suffered a bit of abuse at Dad's hands as a young bear.
I was sent out on a job that was advised as being a "teddy bears picnic", so, of course I brought them along with me.

2012-08-17 11-20.jpg

I was watching this, which is as bad as you'd expect, but I was really impressed by the shot of a Range Rover taking a turn on 3 wheels.
doubletrouble.gif

This is impressively bad.

Last edited:
I had to think about it for a bit but it looks like they're compressing the suspension on that rear-right and the whole thing is sped up, I can't imagine a real Range Rover could do that without flipping over. :p

That's Huggy on the right, along with my Dad's teddy bear Teddy Edkins. He's 70 years old, and suffered a bit of abuse at Dad's hands as a young bear.
I was sent out on a job that was advised as being a "teddy bears picnic", so, of course I brought them along with me.

View attachment 3565243
I love these bears so much. <3

coco is feelin' sick today. Plus, the person I sold my couch to doesn't want it anymore? I was told it was a leather couch from the person I bought it from, so I listed it as such. The buyer picked it up anyway but now doesn't think it is leather, and apparently found a tag saying it's polyester? somehow? even though that sounds like a filling substance instead of the upholstery itself? I admit I never checked the tags, but if that's true, I might be getting my couch back. :(

update: sounds like I'm getting my couch back, grr

back on the listings it goes

I had to think about it for a bit but it looks like they're compressing the suspension on that rear-right and the whole thing is sped up, I can't imagine a real Range Rover could do that without flipping over. :p
Doesn't feel sped up to me, but it sure looks like it's on the verge of flipping over.

Apologies if this is boring, I find figuring out stunts quite fascinating like finding out how magic tricks work. I got a clip from YouTube and slowed it down to half speed in Topaz Labs, also upped the frame rate to 50fps so it looks more real. Watch the smoke, to me it drifts too quickly in the original but at half speed it looks about right.

I could still be wrong, I've watched a lot of sped up Knight Rider shots so maybe I can't tell what is and isn't sped up. :LOL:

That GIF was made from the complete movie I got from YouTube after I couldn't find just this scene.
You could have asked me for the timecode :LOL:
But yeah, maybe you're right.

Apologies if this is boring, I find figuring out stunts quite fascinating like finding out how magic tricks work. I got a clip from YouTube and slowed it down to half speed in Topaz Labs, also upped the frame rate to 50fps so it looks more real. Watch the smoke, to me it drifts too quickly in the original but at half speed it looks about right.
View attachment 3565246

I could still be wrong, I've watched a lot of sped up Knight Rider shots so maybe I can't tell what is and isn't sped up. :LOL:

Maybe there's no spring in the right rear?

I see drag cars do this in an accident. The rear has a much lower spring rate and the fronts usually have limited front travel to keep wheelies down.

First clip in this video shows what I am talking about.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMWCeUwSpaE

View attachment 3565264

Guess I should have paid that off awhile ago... :oops:

Meanwhile I'm an unemployed full-time student, have about $22 income per year from savings interest, and I'm pushing 810. 😅 I don't get the world sometimes...

Meanwhile I'm an unemployed full-time student, have about $22 income per year from savings interest, and I'm pushing 810. 😅 I don't get the world sometimes...
Meanwhile I’m around 804, I’ve financed a car, have two credit cards, bought a house, and leased a car. 🤷🏼‍♂️