Random Thoughts....

It depends on the thing for me. There's a lot out there I want to see, feel and mess with in person before I buy, plus there has to be something to get me out of the house when I work from home all day. I tend to look online before buying the bigger stuff, though.

I wish there were still lots of electrical shops to look around, I always enjoyed it as a kid. They were still around when the very first OLED TVs came out I suppose, about 15 years ago.

So gentlemen and ladies, for those of you who were not around pre internet, let me talk you through the process of buying something ( lets say a piece of electronics) pre internet.

You decide you want X
You drive to a store, tell the sales assistant ( usualy an idiot teenager) what you want.
Sales assistant then recommends a product , whether or not this is what you want depends on the level of idiot teenager.
You decide to puchase said product with really nothing to go on except ' salesperson said to' since you had no way to do any research.
' not in stock, come around in 3 weeks'
3 weeks later drive to store (again) to come collect you product.
Take it home
Only find out if and when it functions to what you wanted after paying for it.

Though, I'd add one caveat: that 20-30 years ago, the "idiot teenager" was 10x more likely than today to be a full-time employee, with at least some actual knowledge, especially if you were able to shop during the day. If you could only shop in the evening, then you were still likely to get part timers. Now, virtually everyone is a (cheaper and not as invested) part-timer.

Last edited:
Anyone else playing the lotto tonight? Yes, I know the lottery is the tax on the stupid, but when it's this high, $2 is worth the little bit of thrill.

The MegaMillions multi-state lottery jackpot for tonight is $830 million.

I always forget to stop and get a ticket or two.
If I am driving past a place and I notice the jackpot is over $400m, I might stop in and pick one up. When it passes $750m, I'm more likely to make a special trip (which in my case is a quiet 5 min walk to 7-11, or an extra 5 minutes to a less-sketchy liquor store.

Hmm. I sometimes get lottery tickets and forget they're in my purse for a little while. Guess it's time to check the last one.

If I am driving past a place and I notice the jackpot is over $400m, I might stop in and pick one up. When it passes $750m, I'm more likely to make a special trip (which in my case is a quiet 5 min walk to 7-11, or an extra 5 minutes to a less-sketchy liquor store.

I bought the other night when it was over 600 million. I didn't get one last night, because I forgot...

If nobody won, I will buy another.

Someone in this country won £195 million on Euromillions a few weeks ago. Not someone I know, apparently. :p

And STILL there are people in the world who foam at the mouth at the mention off online shopping.

I agree with some exceptions, mainly clothing. When relying on the sizes the manufacturers publish, you might as well roll the dice and hope for the best. There is no such thing as "your size" anymore.

I agree with some exceptions, mainly clothing. When relying on the sizes the manufacturers publish, you might as well roll the dice and hope for the best. There is no such thing as "your size" anymore.
Ugh, tell me about it. This is even more true if you're a bit oddly shaped in comparison to whoever the hell they're modeling clothes after.

Mildly disappointing to see I didn't win the Porsche Club's raffle, too. I bought a ticket for a change since the grand prize was a new Cayman, ha. I could use a Cayman. 10/10 would hoon.