Random Thoughts....

Hardware and auto parts stores I think are the best. When you need to either match a replacement and visualize something, physically seeing the item helps.

Hardware and auto parts stores I think are the best. When you need to either match a replacement and visualize something, physically seeing the item helps.
I don't know how Germany compares but you would be disappointed here. There's basically one hardware store within 20 miles and the selection of anything is very limited. None of the own-brand tools that you get in the US.

I'm reluctant to call Halfrauds an auto parts store because it really isn't, you can get some specific service items along with fluids but they do earn that name. There's basically nowhere else.

You should still come to the UK once, before it blows up or sinks. :p

I don't know how Germany compares but you would be disappointed here. There's basically one hardware store within 20 miles and the selection of anything is very limited. None of the own-brand tools that you get in the US.

I'm reluctant to call Halfrauds an auto parts store because it really isn't, you can get some specific service items along with fluids but they do earn that name. There's basically nowhere else.

You should still come to the UK once, before it blows up or sinks. :p
Well, Freiburg has a couple of Obi stores, which if you covered the name you’d think they are Home Depot’s with a bakery in front instead of the hotdog stand.

So euhrm, this is gonna sound like 'an old person' but I took a really bad fall 2 days ago.

Coming out of a kebab shop I 'forgot' there was 3 steps down to street level, I forgot about them not looking were I was going, so I took a very big step into nothing, came down, fucked my right foot , somehow turned during the fall and landed on my back hitting my head on the concrete, I know have a quite cartoonish lump on the back of my head, Me thinks a small concussion cause the first night was really trippy and I had a headache for 2 days, bumps and scrapes, and most importantly my right food who is all kinds of fucked up, swollen, does nor hurt much when I stand on it but strangely A LOT when I lift it off the floor, currently walking with a crutch.

I have to say a very humbling experience, mister big nuts all male all go no quit built like a brick shithouse and as strong as an ox cowboy brought down by 3 steps infront of a kebab shop......I coulden't kill a fly at this point, and even if you insult all that I deem holy infront of me you are perfectly safe as long as you stay more then 4 ft away cause I currently move like a 90 year old.

When you think of injury you think of big accidents or dumb stunts but steps are deadly and hitting your head on concrete never ends well. I hope you mend quickly and are back on your feet without crutches soon but I have to ask:

Did you save the kebab? :p

When you think of injury you think of big accidents or dumb stunts but steps are deadly and hitting your head on concrete never ends well. I hope you mend quickly and are back on your feet without crutches soon but I have to ask:

Did you save the kebab? :p

Sorta, it fell down obviously but I took the remnands ( contained in a plastic bag) home, I think I managed to salvage a meal out of it but to be fair that part is woosy......suspected concussion and shit.

My grlfriend broke her ankle and was wheelchair bound for 2 months because she accidentally stepped through her friend's loose-hanging purse strap, and stepped awkwardly on a 1" drop-off on the sidewalk to a tree cutout. Just...walking down the street.

Damn. Hope you get better soon, @Cowboy. And go see a doctor.

What he said and RIGHT NOW! Head injuries like the one you describe kill people. But of course, I hope you get out of this without permanent issues!

I had a nasty fall years ago, hit the corner of the bed after fainting on the way back into it. Got a nice scar on my left temple out of that one, apart from wondering how I managed to “place” the wound in exactly the right spot between my eye and the hairline.

It's alright dudes my head is better, even normal, well normal for my standards, my foot however is another matter, soonest appointment I can get with the GP is thuesday, but I'll live till then, Cowboy don't croke that easily.....I'ts gonna take a lot more then that to kill me, mean people live longer, remember that.

Last edited:
Cowboy don't croke that easily.....

Unless you’ve been checked for e.g. an intracranial hematoma, you are in no position to say that. Pick up the phone this instant and call whatever number the 24h medical helpline is in your area. This isn’t your area of expertise and you need a professional evaluation.

For reference, I waited until the morning after my fall because I thought it wasn’t anything that serious. They still sent an ambulance because that’s protocol for head injuries and then kept me in the hospital for two nights. The “Why the hell didn’t you come right away?” comment from the doctor while he was preparing to stitch up my wound was free of charge.

Last edited:
Yeah—definitely get that checked out. It's a pain in the butt, but man, I prolonged my recovery from my big concussion several years back by not immediately seeking medical help and by trying to jump back into things too quickly. Take it easy, and at least get a pro to declare It Ain't That.

And you're not American! You don't have the terror of paying for an unmanageable ER bill 'til you die holding you back.

Either way, get well soon and take care of yourself, man.

It's alright dudes my head is better, even normal, well normal for my standards, my foot however is another matter, soonest appointment I can get with the GP is thuesday, but I'll live till then, Cowboy don't croke that easily.....I'ts gonna take a lot more then that to kill me, mean people live longer, remember that.

Motherfucker, you better have them check your head. Unseating your brain from a pedestal (concussion) it sits on is not good.

5515520901_ee35f29f02_o.jpg

Which Puffalump do I bringmeet to Ringmeet?