Random Thoughts....

I’ve enjoyed it. My parents learned years ago that brining the turkey overnight removes the dryness we used to have.

The other part is having leftovers for the turkey sandwiches. Don’t know if it’s some normal recipe. Dad started doing them and it is my favorite. Take turkey, mix it into some mayo, put on bread with cheese if you desire. Wrap sandwich in tinfoil and put in the oven. So good.

I’ve enjoyed it. My parents learned years ago that brining the turkey overnight removes the dryness we used to have.

The other part is having leftovers for the turkey sandwiches. Don’t know if it’s some normal recipe. Dad started doing them and it is my favorite. Take turkey, mix it into some mayo, put on bread with cheese if you desire. Wrap sandwich in tinfoil and put in the oven. So good.

Yeah, I enjoy a "day after" sandwich more than the bird on Thanksgiving Day. Damn...now I want a turkey/stuffing/gravy/cranberry/mayo/whole grain mustard/spinach sandwich...

Yeah, I enjoy a "day after" sandwich more than the bird on Thanksgiving Day. Damn...now I want a turkey/stuffing/gravy/cranberry/mayo/whole grain mustard/spinach sandwich...
Thundercougarfalconbird

It's awesome with apple, too, but I'm allergic to them*...

(Not my pic)
15736739355dcc5bcf4f1d9.jpg

*so, about 15 years ago, I developed allergies to raw apples, pears, cherries, apricots, plums, peaches, and nectarines. Every 6mo or so I try a tiny bit of something to see if I am still allergic. About 5 years ago I got cherries back (my favorite). About 3 weeks ago I bought one of those small grocery store caramel apples, because they had a Tajin flavor. I ate one little slice of it. I could still feel a bit if the reaction, but it was noticeably less. I hope this means I'm getting apples back! Sadly the nectarines/peaches/plums/apricots are still off limits. :(

But, I have it easy because it's only raw that I have issue with. The moment it's cooked at all, I'm good.

Last edited:
I don't have any pie......bah humbug!

Seriously though as a urapeing , thanksgiving ands it's food sounds delicious!

I came to a realisation that I'm a hipster. Maybe a wannabe hipster, if that's a thing, but I still guess I'm a hipster. Here's some reasons why:
  • I want to get into analogue photography
  • I want to develop my digital photos as real photos
  • I'm on a hunt-down after a cheap iPod Classic (specifically a 4th gen, preferably a monochrome) as the means to store my music, even if my iPhone has 256GB of storage, more than half of which is unused
  • Speaking of music, I also want to buy a pair of IEMs to use with the said iPod, despite having a Deezer subscription and a pair of AirPods
  • And speaking of iPods, I'm into retro tech. Especially stuff that can be used today and is actually somewhat useful
  • I care about how I dress, and I own too much clothes anyway. Lots of colorful clothing with 'fun' patterns, too
  • Speaking of appearance, I have long hair and often wear it in a bun. I also often sport an anchor beard
  • I have an affinity with old vehicles, including (but not limited to) passenger cars
  • I buy most of my stuff second-hand recently. It's good for the environment, but it's even better for my budget, and I'm a sucked for a good deal on something
  • I like beer, especially craft beers
I guess I could go on, but that's it, I'm a hipster. Not that I think there's anything wrong with it (unless I'm a wannabe, which I don't wanna be), and I'm not ashamed of it, but I kinda didn't realise it until recently.

I'm on a hunt-down after a cheap iPod Classic (specifically a 4th gen, preferably a monochrome) as the means to store my music, even if my iPhone has 256GB of storage, more than half of which is unused

I think I’ve got one of those lying around at home. With an SSD and possibly a replacement battery.

Same, except mine is an iPod Mini with a CompactFlash card and a newer battery. Great for plugging into a car for road trips, though the irony is that now that I have that, I've also stopped taking road trips.

I have an iRiver that I have considered updating so I can leave it hooked up to a stereo and use on road trips.

I think I’ve got one of those lying around at home. With an SSD and possibly a replacement battery.
Same, except mine is an iPod Mini with a CompactFlash card and a newer battery. Great for plugging into a car for road trips, though the irony is that now that I have that, I've also stopped taking road trips.
I actually had an iPod Mini that I upgraded a 128GB SD card and an iFlash SD to CF adapter and a fresh battery. It was a fun project, but then for some stupid reason (probably because I wanted an iPod Classic specifically), I decided to sell it. Too bad, as the Mini is just as good.

But a flash storage mod and a new battery (which I'd do myself) would be definitely things I'd do to it.

I have an iRiver that I have considered updating so I can leave it hooked up to a stereo and use on road trips.
I remember iRiver, I really wanted the first one that played videos (iPod wasn't considered as I think I just hated Apple :dunno: ) but never got it. That would be before I got my PSP, which did the job of playing videos much better and was OK for music... just huge. Storage space was nothing like an iRiver but I didn't care.

The PSP still works great, the screen is a little blotchy but it isn't noticeable when playing games or watching videos. I really should fire up Twisted Metal: Head On again actually.

I used that when I started commuting on the train in 2008, then switched over to using my HTC Touch HD for music/internet radio using RealPlayer (which was a Real piece of crap) and have used phones for music ever since. I got my first Bluetooth listening experience when I got my Sony Ericsson MW600, which just had a 3.5m jack and used whatever headphones you had. The built-in FM radio was the feature I wanted as it worked much better than internet radio at the time. I stopped listening to the radio but the BT audio sounded great. It's around somewhere, I wonder if it still works.

I actually had an iPod Mini that I upgraded a 128GB SD card and an iFlash SD to CF adapter and a fresh battery. It was a fun project, but then for some stupid reason (probably because I wanted an iPod Classic specifically), I decided to sell it. Too bad, as the Mini is just as good.

But a flash storage mod and a new battery (which I'd do myself) would be definitely things I'd do to it.
Somewhere I have some spare parts for both iPod Classics and Minis, along with adapters for the classic's hard drive that allow them to accommodate CF cards. Perhaps one of those SD to CF adapters needs to slot into that for even further upgrading.

I came to a realisation that I'm a hipster. Maybe a wannabe hipster, if that's a thing, but I still guess I'm a hipster. Here's some reasons why:
  • I want to get into analogue photography
  • I want to develop my digital photos as real photos
  • I'm on a hunt-down after a cheap iPod Classic (specifically a 4th gen, preferably a monochrome) as the means to store my music, even if my iPhone has 256GB of storage, more than half of which is unused
  • Speaking of music, I also want to buy a pair of IEMs to use with the said iPod, despite having a Deezer subscription and a pair of AirPods
  • And speaking of iPods, I'm into retro tech. Especially stuff that can be used today and is actually somewhat useful
  • I care about how I dress, and I own too much clothes anyway. Lots of colorful clothing with 'fun' patterns, too
  • Speaking of appearance, I have long hair and often wear it in a bun. I also often sport an anchor beard
  • I have an affinity with old vehicles, including (but not limited to) passenger cars
  • I buy most of my stuff second-hand recently. It's good for the environment, but it's even better for my budget, and I'm a sucked for a good deal on something
  • I like beer, especially craft beers
I guess I could go on, but that's it, I'm a hipster. Not that I think there's anything wrong with it (unless I'm a wannabe, which I don't wanna be), and I'm not ashamed of it, but I kinda didn't realise it until recently.
Nothing wrong with any of this. All fairly good, IMHO.

Simulate an asteroid strike!

There's no such thing as an "Instapot". The brand is "Instant Pot", and they are an "automatic pressure cooker". I can't find an origin of the term "instapot".