Random Thoughts....

I have to say your stories are more entertaining than anything on the front page of those yellow press things at the supermarket checkout.
What can I say mate, I'm a somewhat......'different' guy and I move in 'colorfull' circles.....aka white trash meeting other white trash.......sorry.

What can I say mate, I'm a somewhat......'different' guy and I move in 'colorfull' circles.....aka white trash meeting other white trash.......sorry.

It was meant as a compliment! Nothing to apologise for.

Michigan looks like that sometimes.
As does northern Illinois. Its one of the reasons (in the list of so many) why I left.

Thats not winter, thats hell on ice.

So do you prefer chains or spikes for your shoes or boots?
I have both studded boots and studded running shoes.

I bought my first studded running shoes back in 2017, and it was a revelation. With 15 steel studs in each shoe you can just walk normally across the worst patches of ice as if it was dry asphalt. However, when you go inside they are a pain on hard floors, like tiles, slate and concrete. I got the boots recently, they are also mostly like the studded Asics, but they are much more indoor friendly, albeit you have to be somewhat considerate when you go inside to go shopping in grocery stores etc.

You can get slip-on-studs for your shoes, but they are not fixed, so less stable, particularly on uneven icy surfaces, and prone to fall off.
holy shit
is that a road or a frozen river XD
It's a sidewalk.

There is a guy infront of me who is incredibly crosseyed, like 'how the fuck was that never corrected you white trash idiot' crosseyed, he's looking at the tv behind me, or in my drink, I honestly can't tell, very unnerving.

I have both studded boots and studded running shoes.

I bought my first studded running shoes back in 2017, and it was a revelation. With 15 steel studs in each shoe you can just walk normally across the worst patches of ice as if it was dry asphalt. However, when you go inside they are a pain on hard floors, like tiles, slate and concrete. I got the boots recently, they are also mostly like the studded Asics, but they are much more indoor friendly, albeit you have to be somewhat considerate when you go inside to go shopping in grocery stores etc.

You can get slip-on-studs for your shoes, but they are not fixed, so less stable, particularly on uneven icy surfaces, and prone to fall off.

It's a sidewalk.
I kinda want these now. Ice scares the crap out of me.

It truly ices over like, once every decade, BUT EAT POOP, MOTHER NATURE AND/OR OUR STATE'S GARBAGE INFRASTRUCTURE, I WOULD BE READY.

I kinda want these now. Ice scares the crap out of me.

It truly ices over like, once every decade, BUT EAT POOP, MOTHER NATURE AND/OR OUR STATE'S GARBAGE INFRASTRUCTURE, I WOULD BE READY.
Ice can definitely be very scary. Especially when you get a thin layer of snow overnight that covers the patches of ice, so you have no chance to distinguish the patches of ice from surfaces with any sort of grip what so ever.

Also, we got some snow today, which means traffic was super slow moving and awful:
IMG_3106.jpeg

I have met @IceBone, he's not that scary in person.

Greetings,

2EF890EA-244B-45E7-B720-654161DEB7F5.jpeg

@lip

So euhrmm, I was 'brought up', I was hated, I was the one that stole the virtue of their little princess (my mother) , I was filth, I was unwanted, an unwanted child, the product of an unholy alliance, I was the root and cause of all evil, the runt, the filth.........luckily the found a purpose for me, a slave, a handyman, a jack of all trades......I'm still that, eventhough my Grandfather is 95.....

The runt is just about ready to rebel.....