Random Thoughts....

I find it interesting how I have a need for AA batteries, and I have loads of spare AAA batteries, but not a single spare AA battery. I guess if I needed AAA batteries, I'd have none of that, and lots of spare AA batteries.

I know it's not despite, but because I need those AA batteries that I don't have spares. There is no paradox in here, it's just an observation.

I find it interesting how I have a need for AA batteries, and I have loads of spare AAA batteries, but not a single spare AA battery. I guess if I needed AAA batteries, I'd have none of that, and lots of spare AA batteries.

I know it's not despite, but because I need those AA batteries that I don't have spares. There is no paradox in here, it's just an observation.
Fold up a chunk of tin foil (aluminium foil) against one side of the battery so it makes the connection in the tray. Not as much capacity, but it’ll work.

The question of "where to meet women outside tinder" was brought up the other day, I think by @93Flareside . Apart from the usual "go to a pub" I'd like to report that the amount of showing off and checking out that's happening at the gym is off the scale. Of course, if one's just starting their journey of getting into shape one should not assume to score with someone having a super-overdefined perfect yoga body, but I always feel like I'm in the minority just coming in, working out, and leaving again. So @93Flareside (and others) go to the gym! Has the additional side effect of working out being really good for your body and soul!

So, I'm in the pub (surprisingly) and its mostly just me, some barflies and a bunch of older regulars, and as is sometimes the case, I get handed the mic and asked to sing something for us.......you know, I'm no good by any means but I have 'something' in country or classic rock people seem to gravitate to......I dunno, I think it's mostly just the booze talking and them beiing impressed somebody actually speaks proper English.......

So the damn thing proceeds, going on for a few songs, and I get approached by the ring leader of 4 youths in a corner booth: " do you sing anything from this century? " no ya cunt , I don't ......Go Away, oldfashioned pub, oldfashioned people, oldfashioned music, FUCK YOU.

Bah humbug........I'm old.

do you sing anything from this century?

I can picture it now. Cowboy driving onto the stage in a Prius, getting an acoustic guitar out of the back, sitting down on a bar stool and belting out an Ed Sheeran song.

He’d be the first to actually belt one out rather than whine it, but I’m not too sure it’d make the song any less bad.

My cousin has a wedding in May, and I need a wedding suit. I thought I seize the opportunity and get myself an OK suit that I could use on job interviews as well, but I'm on a tight budget. I have basically two options: to go to C&A, find something that I like and is my size, and call it a day (but that suit would still be a fairly cheap polyester suit that would probably look bad on job interviews), or as I always do when I'm on a budget, turn to the second-hand market.

I did check the local classifieds, they are full of cheap, polyester suits for places like Zara and H&M, or stuff that would just look out of vogue. Occasionally, you can find good stuff, but it's rare and overpriced. eBay, on the other hand, apparently has stuff that's good, which you still need to search for, but I'm a bit lost there. There is stuff for like €500, but I can't justify spending that much money on a suit, especially because I'd need to borrow it from my parents. My budget is somewhere between €100 and €150, and I'd like to get an okay suit for that price. Again, C&A is still an option, but if I can get a second-hand suit made out of wool or cotton, or whatever they make decent suits from, I'd prefer that.

Should it be possible to find something in that price range that's decent? I did find some Hugo Boss suits, but they were black, and I was told to go for either blue or grey. (With my preference leaning heavily towards grey, as blue can look a bit like a train conductor's suit if it's anything lighter or more saturated than navy, in my opinion.) Are there any other brands that could be within my budget that I should look for?

I know it's a bit of an unusual question, but when you're unemployed and live in a second-world country, you need to make do with what you have.

I can picture it now. Cowboy driving onto the stage in a Prius, getting an acoustic guitar out of the back, sitting down on a bar stool and belting out an Ed Sheeran song.

He’d be the first to actually belt one out rather than whine it, but I’m not too sure it’d make the song any less bad.
No.

My cousin has a wedding in May, and I need a wedding suit. I thought I seize the opportunity and get myself an OK suit that I could use on job interviews as well, but I'm on a tight budget. I have basically two options: to go to C&A, find something that I like and is my size, and call it a day (but that suit would still be a fairly cheap polyester suit that would probably look bad on job interviews), or as I always do when I'm on a budget, turn to the second-hand market.

I did check the local classifieds, they are full of cheap, polyester suits for places like Zara and H&M, or stuff that would just look out of vogue. Occasionally, you can find good stuff, but it's rare and overpriced. eBay, on the other hand, apparently has stuff that's good, which you still need to search for, but I'm a bit lost there. There is stuff for like €500, but I can't justify spending that much money on a suit, especially because I'd need to borrow it from my parents. My budget is somewhere between €100 and €150, and I'd like to get an okay suit for that price. Again, C&A is still an option, but if I can get a second-hand suit made out of wool or cotton, or whatever they make decent suits from, I'd prefer that.

Should it be possible to find something in that price range that's decent? I did find some Hugo Boss suits, but they were black, and I was told to go for either blue or grey. (With my preference leaning heavily towards grey, as blue can look a bit like a train conductor's suit if it's anything lighter or more saturated than navy, in my opinion.) Are there any other brands that could be within my budget that I should look for?

I know it's a bit of an unusual question, but when you're unemployed and live in a second-world country, you need to make do with what you have.
Do you have Vinted where you live? We found some real gems there.

My budget is somewhere between €100 and €150, and I'd like to get an okay suit for that price.

Should it be possible to find something in that price range that's decent?
Not possible new. I think something like COS would be the bottom of the barrel in terms of a suit that does not look cheaper than not wearing one at all, and it's double your budget easily.
So bei it Vinted online or brick and mortar second hand stores, used is the only option in your price range.

Last edited:
But shit, it was ninety-nine cents!

Allllright, the closest dog park is in Switzerland which is maybe 45 minutes away by car. Guess I’m going there? Hopefully this weekend as I feel bad Hank is alone so much while I work.

But I have German Hausaufgabe. Mutterficker. :(

Do you have Vinted where you live? We found some real gems there.
Unfortunately, no. I've heard of it, it's available in Hungary, but not in Croatia, nor Slovenia.

Not possible new. I think something like COS would be the bottom of the barrel in terms of a suit that does not look cheaper than not wearing one at all, and it's double your budget easily.
So bei it Vinted online or brick and mortar second hand stores, used is the only option in your price range.
Yeah, used is what I definitely had in mind, but I've discovered prices of used stuff vary, too. Basically, I'm looking for search terms I should use so to speak, I'm sorry if the info I gave was too vague, this whole week was utter crap and oftentimes, I cannot think straight.

My first thought was "Did anyone see an NBC exec in the vicinity?"

Guys, bad news.

Feuerschwanz music is no longer in stock at my local Media Markt.