Random Thoughts....

a few years old playing the game torka... ( yes its a pieace of paper) but it was fun...
http://img232.imageshack.**/img232/1377/img00444hx.th.jpg
so fun a spectator did this :p
http://img232.imageshack.**/img232/8095/img00483cq.th.jpg

jensked said:
funny how those schools really look like in the movies :)

with al those lockers
Marked said:
How does your school look?
Well, I know that in German schools lockers are very rare, so the hallways are not lined with them and you only got "blank walls". Same in Belgium I guess.
On the other hand, the hallway matt_shaw posted really looks just like those in every American movie or TV series. :)

But back to your question, the school I went to (graduated two years ago) looks like this:
Schloss-mit_Rosengarten.jpg

And no, I'm not kidding. ;)
The old castle got too small for the number of students though, so now there's an expansion building.

Oliver

Holy crap, that castle looks like some terribly expensive, super-exclusive fils-?-papa-students school, where the students arrive with their Ferraris and have decadent parties with champagne and caviar in their student rooms ;-)

But it looks damn cool indeed. My school is just some boring grey decaying building :)

My highschool looked like a normal one, but the building was a little over 100 years old so they built a new one. Going into my Junior year this was our new highschool:

scranton1.jpg

SHS800.jpg

exterior_main_entrance02_423x336.jpg

It looked like some wierd modern art project.

/looked like a jail inside.

CyberMonkey said:
Holy crap, that castle looks like some terribly expensive, super-exclusive fils-?-papa-students school, where the students arrive with their Ferraris and have decadent parties with champagne and caviar in their student rooms ;-)
Hehe, well it's not like that. It's a public school with ~1200 students.

Everybody who qualifies can attend. The German school systems splits the students into three different types of schools beginning at 5th or 7th grade, depending on the state. Those attending the two "lower types" are done after 9th, respectively 10th, grade and those attending "the best" type of school graduate after 13 years. Only those who attended the latter type of school will be admitted to university and that's what I did.

BTW, the castle is around 400 years old and was built by the rulers of our region back in the days. Little did they know that later school children would be using their palace. :lol:

When I graduated, it was 1400.

When my girlfriend graduated I think it was pushing 2000.

I believe fire ordinances say max is 2100-ish. It is humongous.

oliB, that's a wicked cool school there!

No Boss, reminds me of our new high school, it's pretty much the same thing. Looks like an airport or a shopping mall outside, and lined with lockers inside.

024-SHS_Entry_Drive.jpg

About 2000 people as well. 1999 of them are always stoned. That's high school for you...

BlaRo said:
About 2000 people as well. 1999 of them are always stoned. That's high school for you...

dazepic1.jpg

"Party at the Moon Tower, spread the word.....O-right, O-right, O-right..."

your schools are huge :shock: my school has 240~ kids in it. and it's not a private school. and a friend of mine goes to another school with 1000~ kids.

My primary school. Norbury Hall Primary School
DSC00733%5B1%5D.JPG

My High School. Hazel Grove High School
21.jpg

My College. Aquinas Catholic College (I'm not Catholic though)
C_58_Articles_11676_Body_Web_ArticleBlock_0_Image.jpg

Theres even a Wiki page for it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquinas_College,_Stockport
It's a bit infamous for having 24 hour queues for a place.
Famous people from my schools include Sarah Hardy from Girls Aloud (HGHS), Matthew Walker, Paraolympics gold medal winner (Aquinas) and Charlie from Lost and Lord of the Rings(Aquinas).

^Hey! You are back! :woot:

Dr. Woo said:
Redliner said:
^Hey! You are back! :woot:
I am! :D
I see you're back in the states now, and not a moment to soon, now that the GTI is out in NA as well! ;)

Although I'm not that active anymore, I'm looking forward to reading your excellent posts again! :)

Oliver

oliB said:
I see you're back in the states now, and not a moment to soon, now that the GTI is out in NA as well! ;)

Although I'm not that active anymore, I'm looking forward to reading your excellent posts again! :)

Oliver
Yes, magnificent timing...especially since I had not been in the U.S. for two weeks before I picked up my Tornado Red 2006 GTI with 6-speed.

Thank you for the kind words. :) :)

Oh, so you already picked one up? Congrats!

Make sure to post pics in the "What's your car" thread. ;)

what my school looks like:

http://img452.imageshack.**/img452/9327/lhsspring42yu.jpg

its got some structural problems, but its not bad looking