Random Thoughts....

I came up with this one a while ago:

Ricotta-stuffed baked chicken

You will need:
some LARGE chicken breasts (insert sorority pun here)
Some large Zip-top bags (gallon size at least)
Rolling pin or meat mallet
Ricotta cheese
Sun dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
marinated artichoke hearts
some good Mediterranean olives.
Olive oil
Various herbs and spices
Japanese-style breading (can't remember the name, starts with a "T" I think. Regular bread crumbs will work but not as well. (PANKO)
Oven pre-heated to 350 degrees
Casserole pan

Break up the olives and remove any pits, you want smaller pieces but not minced or diced.
Roughly chop the artichoke hearts
Julliene the sun dried tomatoes.
Fold this into the Ricotta cheese, along with mushrooms or whatever else you think sounds good. -Cover an put in the fridge.

Put a chicken breast in one of the large gallon bags and pound it thin with the mallet. Don't make is paper-thin, you want it to be no more than 1/2 inch thick, but try to make it uniform otherwise it won't cook evenly.

Lay out the chicken and spoon some of the stuffing into the middle, you should use enough that you can just get the two sides of the chicken to overlap. Rub the outer surface with olive oil and place the joint-side down in the casserole pan. repeat this process with the rest of the chicken. The pan you choose should be small enough to keep them from unrolling but large enough that they are not crammed in there.

Now that all your chicken is coated in the olive oil, use your hand and coat them in the breading. Sprinkle some breading over the top, it will brown up nicely.

If I recall it will bake for 30-40 minuets, to get the right toasting of the breading I clicked on the broiler for the last minute or so.

Enjoy.

PS - Any leftover stuffing can be baked at 350 in a rammakin and used as a hot spread for bread, chips or toast corners. It makes a fantastic appetizer

hmm that sounds good. I may make it tonight.

What's a good chicken recipe that will impress some sorority girls?

part of me wants to say chicken and broccoli alfredo (because thats what i would want to eat tonight) i would suggest this sauce recipe HERE
i would add uncooked chicken to the sauce once it gets hot and cook the chicken strips in the sauce then toss the pasta and the broccoli together and put the sauce over the top (steamed asparagass would also work as a good veg instead of broccoli)

on the other hand these are sorority girls so they may not be wicked into a good meal of cheese and cream sauce over pasta so you could do a nice chicken piccata it's not exactly health food but better than alfredo.

Recipie HERE

also THIS Salad looks really good and would make a good side

Last edited:
I got in trouble yesterday for cleaning out the back room of games so I could put them on the floor so people actually know where they are and so it doesn't take us 10 minutes to find a game...happened to my friend...

I was manly told to go back to the floor to help customers and to sell them the complete package (in other words monster cables...geek squad install for a fucking ps3...service plan...I HATE MYSELF)

But I find it funny that I point people to the products with the less markup...ie Xbox branded stuff or Sony branded stuff instead of the monster and ripoff of crap.

The worst are the Dynex brand - I found one with an employee discount receipt taped to it. The consumer price was 10X more expensive than the employee price.

Good one Blind, I'm definitely going with something stuffed (another double entendre? ZING!), preferably this Chicken Valentino. I'm not a fan of the peppers or the Parmesan though, two food items that I hate. Maybe something like this, but with way less ingredients (there's few things beyond Easy-Mac that I can afford on my piddling college budget).

I was gonna make General Tso's Chicken, but that would have been way too obvious.

Classic chicken salad with a chloroform vinagrette.
I am highly interested and would like to sign up for your newsletter.

Also, those pointlessly massive images of cameras are pissing me off! Don't we have a rule against that sort of thing? :wheelchair: :roll:

It automatically re-sizes them, what more do you want?

Get the "Nuke Anything" firefox plugin.

Not after I login. Besides, those are comically massive; there's wallpaper-sized, and there's holy shit, it's the monolith from 2001-sized.

I want a TV in that size.

Remember a while back we were debating the fact that you're not a true motorcyclist until you've had a crash. Yeah about that...

Wet leaves in middle of corner: 1
Me: 0

:lol: Motorcycle crashes kinda hurt! It was sort of fun in a weird, messed up sort of way. Not trying hard enough my ass! :p

Are you ok? How's the bike?

It would be a good idea to send your helmet in to the factory for an inspection. You may need a new one. Helmets are only designed to absorb one impact and then be replaced, even having one fall off the seat of your bike is enough to reduce it's ability to protect you.

Are you ok? How's the bike?

It would be a good idea to send your helmet in to the factory for an inspection. You may need a new one. Helmets are only designed to absorb one impact and then be replaced, even having one fall off the seat of your bike is enough to reduce it's ability to protect you.
I was only doing about 10ish so it more an issue of the bike falling over rather than crashing. There are few scrapes on me that don't even hurt anymore. What I'm most upset about is a broken turn signal on the bike. But $10 on eBay will fix that up. Thankfully the helmet didn't come into contact with anything so that's still fine. I'm very glad I'm anal about covering up because the jacket and boots kept my skin a lot safer that it would have been otherwise. Wear your gear kids!

Even after all this I can't wait to get back on the bike once the signal is fixed up. :)

So I guess that makes me a true motorcyclist already! Good job that you're ok, but it's a PITA to replace that signal isn't it? :D

The worst are the Dynex brand - I found one with an employee discount receipt taped to it. The consumer price was 10X more expensive than the employee price.

Ya I get crazy discounts on their batteries.

On a random note

Last edited by a moderator: