Random Thoughts....

a good what?? We are meant to speak the same language!

Pfft, Tasmanian!:p

Check out this The first definition is the only relevant one and the example is excellent.

Maybe munt is just a Melbourne thing?

Never heard of that either. I always thought munted meant broken or stuffed/not right.

WATTO =

1574574506_402ccaa746.jpg

Oi!

Believe me, go around the Uni's in Melbourne, ask what munt means and you'll get the same answer.

I've never heard it in the context of "That thing's munted (stuffed)"

Fucking LOL at the example on Urban Dictionary! Dave munted on my shoes, Dave is a ****. HAHAHAHAHA

I have actually heard munt before, but not like that. Wierd!

As many of you know I bought a motorcycle this year and I've been riding it around. I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but I may be selling it to the guy who owns my local comic shop! He expressed interest in getting a motorbike or a scooter or something to get into work. Now this is a guy with many tattoos and a checkered past; he pulled himself out of the trouble he was in as a young man and is now a successful business owner and father. Still, I can't see him on a scooter.

I offered to sell him my bike for $1700, and he agreed! He just has to OK it with the wife and he would like to wait until after the new year.

The problem is this: I found my dream bike for sale earlier today. I was on my way to SF when it started to rain, so I stopped off at MotoJava, a cafe and bike shop that also sells used bikes. They had not one, but TWO of the last generation Magnas for sale! I sat on one and immediately fell in love, and she's $3,398 out the door. It's a bit more than I would like to pay, but a screaming good deal.

Here's a photo of the bike:
sm1996Magna750.jpg

Last edited:
Not exactly my style of motorbikes, but this one is gorgeous! If you have the money, go for it.

Is it just me or does that bike look really small in that picture?

Well, is is hard to get a sense of scale.

We should get our bearded associate to pose with his intended purchase.

If intended purchase goes through, you will. The bike is actually a monster, much wider and longer than my current machine. It is low to the ground, however, so that may be throwing it off. I can sit on it very comfortably and I'm 6'4", on my current bike I feel a bit cramped.

This will be harder to lane split, as the handle bars are probably a bit more than 2 feet from end to end. To help give more scale to it, the bike has a wheelbase of 65 inches (1.65 meters) and a seat height of 28 inches (711 mm). It tips the scales at 539 lb (244 kg). When new this bike was rated for 78.2 bhp at 9000 RPM and 48.2 ft?lbf (65 N?m) at 7250 rpm. (The Smart FourTwo has a wheel base of 6.12 feet, for comparison).

The best thing is that the bike isn't lopsided. There is that same exhaust on the other side too. Ahh, the joys of a 4 to 4 exhaust!

Last edited:
selling one bike to buy another isn't an issue. i say you go for it.

Well, one bike is just a bit more than the other. I think that if Gary buys mine I will just about break even on that one, I might loose a bit of money on it, but not much.

I did just put over $200 into it in new tires and brakes, and I put a $400 paint job on it. I bought it for $1000 and paid $150 for the panels. There were a few other misc. expenses as well. I will be within two hundred or so of break-even, which isn't too bad. With most bikes from the 80s every dollar into them is a dollar gone. If I keep it any longer I will be loosing money. I think the time is right to sell within the next year.

I'm buried under school work, so I email one of my profs to ask how many marks he deducts per day for late term papers. He just emails me back saying I can have an extra 48 hours w/o penalties just for being honest and telling him I'm behind on schoolwork for being lazy/unorganized!

Cool prof... kinda makes up for the fact that most are totally indifferent to their students.

I'm glad i go to a school with small 20-30 person classes so we get that kind of personal-ness.