Random Thoughts....

Thank god the media blackout for the election starts soon, god it's pissing me off more than last election

Liberals: campaign for the econemy, question the oppositions experience
Labour: Accuses liberals of running scare campaign then release 500 million ads on workplace reforms saying how bad they're going to become

Then the cycle repeats

The one that annoys me the most though is the one of the red haired women saying that we Howards lost her vote, which is totally irrelevent unless she lives in his electorate. This is the single biggest thing pissing me off about this election. WE DO NOT VOTE FOR A PRIME MINISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I originally posted this in the wrong thread, whoops

For some stupid reason... during my exam today, I was writing a sentence and all I could think to write was It would be "useless", I thought for about a minute and couldn't think of another word that would look more professional/academic to use, so I just left it at useless. Too much Top Gear :lol:... I don't think useless would look very nice on a properly written answer to a question in the exam :lol:

EDIT: Hidden... I was going to say that when I read it in the sexiest women thread, I was like... wtf, am I reading the wrong thread? What's he on about... lol

Thank god the media blackout for the election starts soon, god it's pissing me off more than last election

Psst. I it started midnight last night. Woooooo!!!!

Does that include websites.... coz ninemsn is still plugging both liberal and labour.... bring on the 24th.... so we dont have to put up with anymore of this.

Does Australia have long elections like America? How long is Americas election period this time? Like 1? Years? Denmark has the right idea here, 3 weeks from an election is called to we got a new government.. I guess the size of the country has something to do with it, but still.

I was filling up my car at the gas station just now and next to me was a guy in a Ferrari 348TB trying to get his Ferrari to start. As i arrived he just got in his car. After i had poured 51l of Euro 95 unleaded into my car, it had finally started and he drove off. I guess that's one of the downsides of driving Italian :)

I'm not well versed in Aussie politics but I know a lot about Canada's and seeing as how it's the same system of government, I'm going to say no.

The US elections are so prolonged because of the nomination process which involves the primary elections and caucuses. Plus in the US they're voting for a specific person for a specific post, not a whole government like Canada or Australia... it's ridiculous, they start campaigning like 2 years before the election.

Does Australia have long elections like America? How long is Americas election period this time? Like 1? Years? Denmark has the right idea here, 3 weeks from an election is called to we got a new government.. I guess the size of the country has something to do with it, but still.

Yeah our whole election process is pretty ridiculous. I only start to seriously consider candidates about a month before the election because views and opinions change so much it's hard to keep track of them. The prolonged process makes politics similar to Christmas music: you start hearing it way too early and it gets old very soon after that. By the time it becomes relevant you're just so sick of it and want it to go away as quickly as possible.

Psst. I it started midnight last night. Woooooo!!!!

Yeah but that doesn't stop channel 9 and current affair doing "news" stories to advertise labor.

Our election campaign started about 4 weeks ago and the winning party is announced the evening of the election day (if all goes smoothly like it usually does)

oh yes, no more ads! although i had to chuckle when i saw the channel 7 election night ad parodying one of the liberal ads: "70% of election coverages - boring. laurie oakes - boring." mwahahahahaha.

in other news, i am one week, 3 exams and 9 portfolio items away from graduation (and lots of partying)!!! i finished my major essay today, god that was a good feeling.

oh yes, no more ads! although i had to chuckle when i saw the channel 7 election night ad parodying one of the liberal ads: "70% of election coverages - boring. laurie oakes - boring." mwahahahahaha.

in other news, i am one week, 3 exams and 9 portfolio items away from graduation (and lots of partying)!!! i finished my major essay today, god that was a good feeling.

is tafe one or two years? you were looking at going to uni or something weren't you?

So you'll have a dip4 in biological something wasn't it?

nah it's a one year full time course, teritary preparation certificate IV. and yes, i've applied at 3 uni's for B psych, BA - psych and Bsc - psych. can't wait to see what'll happen.

btw, you have a good memory!

nah it's a one year full time course, teritary preparation certificate IV. and yes, i've applied at 3 uni's for B psych, BA - psych and Bsc - psych. can't wait to see what'll happen.

btw, you have a good memory!

What uni's have you applied for?

I woke up this morning with a pinched nerve in my back, coulden't get out for like 1 hour and when i finally got upright the pain was so great that i got sick, im going to a.. Back Doctor? In like an hour and if i hear anything crack im punching him in the mouth!

I woke up this morning with a pinched nerve in my back, coulden't get out for like 1 hour and when i finally got upright the pain was so great that i got sick, im going to a.. Back Doctor? In like an hour and if i hear anything crack im punching him in the mouth!
Chiropractor?

I had to go to one about this time last year when I slipped a disc in my lower backle region. There was much cracking as he did his thing - that's what it involves!;)

I tweaked a muscle in my upper back today as i was unloading the washing machine but I'm pretty sure it's the kind of thing that will go away on its own in a day or two. Right now it's very uncomfortable but not exactly painful.

What uni's have you applied for?

macquarie, uws and newcastle (and wollongong but i doubt my ninth preference counts lol). because i'm a tafe graduate with no hsc, i'm limited in what uni's i can apply for. for sydney, i have to be over 21, unsw i have to be over 20 and uts doesn't offer what i'm looking for. so i only have uws and umac before i have to go regional lol.

macquarie, uws and newcastle (and wollongong but i doubt my ninth preference counts lol). because i'm a tafe graduate with no hsc, i'm limited in what uni's i can apply for. for sydney, i have to be over 21, unsw i have to be over 20 and uts doesn't offer what i'm looking for. so i only have uws and umac before i have to go regional lol.

Yeah it's much of a muchness here in melbourne, monash is 21 for non school leavers (or any age if you're willing to pay for a non CSP place)

I'm curious though, if you want to study so much now why didn't you do your HSC?

So a while back my brother and dad were driving on the freeway, my brother in his fairly new (at the time) V8 Tundra and my dad in the beater 89 Tercel (70hp with 4 on the floor).

Brother is doing 80mph and my dad, fighting like hell to do it, gets up beside him honks at him and my brother just speeds off. Eventually dad catches him back up honks at him some more, flashes him a couple of times. It happens again. Finally my brother gives up, rolls down his window and my dad asks

"How do I get it out of 2nd gear?"

Ahh the old "Cadillac and the Nash" joke.

Chiropractor?

That's it!

I just woke up from my pain killer buzz, the Chiropractor was a funny chap that kept saying 'See' 'Let's See' 'See here' 'See this' 'See see' but apparently hes one of the best in the country, he diddent do much really, i laid on my stomach he touched me a little, counted my backbone and said 'See' Alot, then.. Without warning he punched me in the back and all the air that was inside me shot out, to which i responded 'FUCK!!!!' He just replied with a calm 'See'

My back isn't much better but i'm seeing him again tomorrow

I was there maby 10-15min and it cost me 835kr (?80) :blink: