Random Thoughts....

Well then what are you complaining about? :p

Wireless speakers would be nice. So would an mp3 player with more storage so I wouldn't have this annoying speaker plug coming out of the front of my laptop.

Laptop speakers suck.
Indeed, that's why I always use external speakers or headphones and never the laptop's own speakers.

The stupid thing is I have a set of Logitech 2.1 speakers but I'm just too lazy to unplug them from my PC and plug them into my laptop.

Well then, serves you right for being lazy.
Never heard of wireless speakers, I'd love me a pair of wireless speakers.
Heeeeelloooo, christmass wishlist!! :)

Wireless speakers? Hahaha, a friend of mine bought some wireless Logitechs, he was so excited to get them, until they arrived and he realized that since speakers are powered by the speaker cable, "wireless" speakers need to have a power cable each. So now instead of hiding thin speaker wire, he has to hide thick extension cords.

Well, maybe we'll have wireless power someday.

^That's why what he should get is one of these:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=BLUETANGO-ROCK&cat=SPK
Bluetooth FTW. You just have to leave the unit on the table and you can connect it to any speaker system you want.

And of course speakers have wires, the point of wireless is that you won't have to deal with wires on a regular basis. So you just put your laptop on the table and it automatically connects to the network, the speakers, the external harddrive and the mouse without you having to pug in 5-8 cables and create a clutter on your desk. For any other purposes, I think anyone would prefer wired stuff for the better quality.

EDIT: On a side-note, why would anyone get any speakers that aren't powered? How can you amplify sound with the power of a feeble soundcard? The headphone jack on a laptop, or any computer for that matter, simply isn't made for that.

Last edited:
So I lost my 1GB flash drive yesterday, turns out, it was in one of my pants. You know how I discovered it? After I had put it through the wash. Figures.

But the best part is? It still works! Huzzah! :bunny:

So I lost my 1GB flash drive yesterday, turns out, it was in one of my pants. You know how I discovered it? After I had put it through the wash. Figures.

Hehe, my brother did the same thing :) :bunny:

Dropped mine in the toilet. It stopped working correctly...

...a few years afterwards.

^That's why what he should get is one of these:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=BLUETANGO-ROCK&cat=SPK
Bluetooth FTW. You just have to leave the unit on the table and you can connect it to any speaker system you want.

And of course speakers have wires, the point of wireless is that you won't have to deal with wires on a regular basis. So you just put your laptop on the table and it automatically connects to the network, the speakers, the external harddrive and the mouse without you having to pug in 5-8 cables and create a clutter on your desk. For any other purposes, I think anyone would prefer wired stuff for the better quality.

EDIT: On a side-note, why would anyone get any speakers that aren't powered? How can you amplify sound with the power of a feeble soundcard? The headphone jack on a laptop, or any computer for that matter, simply isn't made for that.

Why would you deal with speaker wires "on a regular basis"? You connect them once and forget about them. I don't have 5-8 cables, I have a Toslink cable running from my soundcard to my receiver.

I'm not sure who your "non-powered speaker" comment was directed at, I never mentioned anything about non-powered speakers, merely that my friend overlooked the fact that speakers do have to be powered and thus will have wires coming out of them one way or the other. Thus, "wireless" speakers aren't actually wireless.

Alessandro Volta was way ahead of you...

Batteries.jpg

Well, I don't see any wires poking out of batteries.

Wireless power is a bit of a different concept than stored charge. Gonna charge those batteries without wires? Didn't think so. Also, my speakers would last about 5 seconds if they ran on batteries!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_energy_transfer

Why would you deal with speaker wires "on a regular basis"? You connect them once and forget about them. I don't have 5-8 cables, I have a Toslink cable running from my soundcard to my receiver.

We were talking about laptops here. I assume you're talking about a desktop computer when you say you never bother with cables on a daily basis. Wireless on a desktop is useless, why would you want to deal with the interference that wireless gets from about ... everything?

I take my laptop out very often when I go to school, etc. and I do have peripherals at home that I leave behind because I don't need them. But when I do get back home, I have to connect to my laptop the wires for the following: speakers, external harddrive, ethernet cable, power cable, mouse, external DVD drive. That's 6 cables right there. Thank God I have a network printer and scanner, so I don't have to worry about them too. If I could connect all of them wirelessly, then I only have to worry about the power cable. And that would solve me a lot of headache and clutter.

I'm not sure who your "non-powered speaker" comment was directed at, I never mentioned anything about non-powered speakers, merely that my friend overlooked the fact that speakers do have to be powered and thus will have wires coming out of them one way or the other. Thus, "wireless" speakers aren't actually wireless.

Dude, calm down, the power cable comment is not demeaning in any way. Ugh :rolleyes:.
As for the comment I thought your friend did have speakers powered by the audio card, since he didn't know that speakers have a power cable. So I guess what I'm saying now is your friend need to become more knowledgeable about present day technology. :p

As I was reading this, I thought you were going to say you lost your pants, too...

Nah, they're firmly planted around my waist. Thanks for your concern, though!

A former roommate of mine got wireless headphones.
To test out his new purchase, he connected it to his computer and started playing music on them, listening through the new headphones.

To test the range, he stepped out of the room and started walking to another floor in the dormitory.

To test my luck, I waited till he was about 5 seconds gone, walked over to his computer, and hit 'pause'.

He comes back and mentions that the new headphones suck, since they apparently had very little range before the sound stopped.

^:lol:
I just remember an episode of "The Munsters" (I think) where Grandpa discover a way to send electricity through air...

^Hahaha, you evil mouse!!
Did he at least find out about the application being on pause or did he not even notice?

I told him about 10 seconds after he complained. He would have figured it out the instant he looked at his computer anyways.

At that time I lived in a triple. I told my other roommate about it, so we were almost cracking up as the other guy was complaining.

I realised tonight how much going racing next year is going to cost me!!!

Time to look for some sponsors *Sigh* all gets very hard. I just want to drive!