Random Thoughts....

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought the final led zeppelin album to complete my collection. The BBC sessions.

And that's why you don't have a gf. :tease:

Actually, that's the only Zepp album I don't have, the others are languishing on my hard drive. I should probably get it eventually, but I've been listening to Pink Floyd way too much. Mostly The Wall, because I've been practicing the solo from "Another Brick in the Wall Part II" as well as "Is There Anybody Out There?" and "Goodbye Blue Sky", but earlier today I realized that I really should buy P?U?L?S?E and revel in the epic "Comfortably Numb" solo (which I should tackle next).

...and that's why I don't have a gf. :cry:

But playing guitar badly (like I do :() doesn't.

Also, VW should make another Pink Floyd Edition of the Golf. Now that would seriously impress the ladies.

Pink_Floyd_Golf.jpg

How long have you been playing? Would you like some scales and exercises that I wrote?

Ok, here comes LONG post.

One octave A major scale.
E---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-------------------------4---6---7-----------------------------------------------------
A------------4---5----7------------------------------------------------------------------
E-----5---7-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two octave A major scale
E---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-------------------------------------------------------7--9--10----------------------------
G------------------------------------------6---7----9---------------------------------------
D-------------------------4---6---7----9-------------------------------------------------
A------------4---5----7------------------------------------------------------------------
E-----5---7-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simple 2 Chord change (E minor to A minor)
E-----------------0-------------------------------------------------------------------
B----0-----------1---------------------------------------------------------------------
G----0-----------2-----------------------------------------------------------------------
D----2-----------2------------------------------------------------------------
A----2-----------0--------------------------------------------------------------
E----0-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simple 3 Chord change (I think its C, A minor, E minor, regardless of that it sounds good)
E------0--------0--------------------------------------------------------------------
B------1--------1----------0----------------------------------------------------------
G------0--------2----------0-------------------------------------------------------
D------2--------2----------2--------------------------------------------------
A------3--------0----------2---------------------------------------------------------
E----------------------------0------------------------------------------------------------
One Octave A minor scale
B-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-----------------------------5---7-----------------------------------------------------
A------------------5---7---8--------------------------------------------------------------
E------5---7---8-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Two Octave A minor scale
B------------------------------------------------------------8---10--------------------------
G-----------------------------------------------7---9---10------------------------------------
D-----------------------------5---7---9---10-----------------------------------------------
A------------------5---7---8--------------------------------------------------------------
E------5---7---8-----------------------------------------------------------------------
One Octave A blues scale
E------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D------------------------5---7----------------------------------------------------
A--------------5--6--7----------------------------------------------------------------
E------5----8----------------------------------------------------------------------
Two Octave A blues scale
E------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B-----------------------------------------------8---10------------------------------
G-------------------------------------7--8--9----------------------------------------
D------------------------5---7---10-------------------------------------------------
A--------------5--6--7----------------------------------------------------------------
E------5----8----------------------------------------------------------------------
A pentatonic scale
E------------------------------------------5-----8--------------------------
B---------------------------------5-----8------------------------------------
G-------------------------5----7-------------------------------------------
D-----------------5----7---------------------------------------------------
A-----------5---7----------------------------------------------------------
E-----5---8------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice job, I'll be playing this immediately. Must have been a bitch to type out/copy and paste! :D

Yeah, tabbing can get annoying. Let me just say that those are actually mine, not stolen from somebody else. I typed them out a few weeks ago for somebody else on here.

I missed my girlfriend so badly - since she's in Singapore since last two months and gonna be there for the next three - that during a video chat today, I strangely had a bit of a weep, without me even seeing it come. Of course I am gonna be visiting her in April, but still....

Oh, I feel kinda bad about all the *wink wink nudge nudge* stuff we've said whenever you've mentioned a girl or there's been pics of you and a girl. How long you been with your gf? At least you can see her while you're chatting, harder than not seeing her at all I guess.

And that's why you don't have a gf. :tease:

Actually, that's the only Zepp album I don't have, the others are languishing on my hard drive. I should probably get it eventually, but I've been listening to Pink Floyd way too much. Mostly The Wall, because I've been practicing the solo from "Another Brick in the Wall Part II" as well as "Is There Anybody Out There?" and "Goodbye Blue Sky", but earlier today I realized that I really should buy P?U?L?S?E and revel in the epic "Comfortably Numb" solo (which I should tackle next).

...and that's why I don't have a gf. :cry:

Oh, Pink Floyd gets played so much on my comp/iPod/stereo, I love them, brilliant! Prue doesn't understand my fascination with older music but I spent the first 10 years pf my life or so just listening to what Mum and Dad listened to, which of course is awesome 60's/70's music. I'd see modern music on TV, like Peter Andre and think, 'The old music is so much cooler, this stuff is terrible!'

But then I got older and started liking new stuff, not Peter Andre though. Now, I love new and old equally. Maybe not equally, older stuff gets a listen in more often...

Ramble ramble... Ramble On is a good Led Zep song.

/Shut up, Hamish

[youtube]x9YHg07NLLc[/youtube]

Last edited:
My girlffriend is off on co-op for three months:cry: I'm so glad Ii was screwed out of going to Japan and decided to see her a few more days. turns out it was her birthday last saturday too(forgot)

edit: I almost responded to firecats post on page 2

Last edited:
Earthquake hits much of England

The biggest earthquake in the UK for nearly 25 years has shaken homes across large parts of England.
People in Newcastle, Yorkshire, London, Manchester, the Midlands and Norfolk and also parts of Wales, felt the tremor just before 0100 GMT.

A man suffered leg injuries when a chimney collapsed in South Yorkshire.

The British Geological Survey (BGS) said the epicentre of the 5.3 magnitude quake was near Market Rasen, Lincolnshire.

Bev Finnegan, who lives in the town, said: "I was terrified to be honest. The noise was really, really terrifying... it was so deep and rumbling.

"It felt like the roof was going to fall in. There were people coming out in their dressing gowns wondering what it was. It was quite an experience."

A Lincolnshire police spokeswoman said the force had received dozens of calls from residents but there were no reports of anyone in the county being injured.

"There is slight structural damage, cracks and a couple of chimneys damaged. There's nothing serious at present.

"Mostly people were distressed by it so there were a large quantity of calls coming in."

Speaking from Gainsborough, Mike Thomas, chief fire officer for Lincolnshire, said crews had been called out to 50 incidents and one fire as a result of the quake.

Speaking on BBC News, Justin Cowell in Gainsborough, said: "It started as a massive shake.

"People had come out into the street. It seemed the whole town had woken up."

Tom Edwards, from Heckington, Lincolnshire, said he heard a noise like "an underground train and an enormous roar".

"I thought I was probably going to get killed."

Dr Brian Baptie of the BGS said: "An earthquake of this size, of magnitude five or thereabouts, will occur roughly every ten to 20 years in the UK," he said.

'Rare' quake

The BGS recorded an aftershock with a magnitude of 1.8 at about 0400 GMT.

The main 10-second quake, which struck at 0056 GMT at a depth of 15.4km (9.6 miles), was the biggest recorded example since one with a magnitude of 5.4 struck north Wales in 1984.

PREVIOUS QUAKES IN THE UK
April 2007 - Folkestone, Kent (magnitude 4.3)
December 2006 - Dumfries and Galloway (3.5)
September 2002 - Dudley, West Midlands (5.0)
October 2001 - Melton Mowbray (4.1)
September 2000 - Warwick (4.2)
April 1990 - Bishop's Castle, Shropshire (5.1)
July 1984 - Nefyn, north Wales (5.4)
June 1931 - in North Sea near Great Yarmouth (6.1)

Dr Baptie said: "The largest earthquake that we know about that has struck the UK was about 100km off the east coast of England on the Dogger Bank and it had a magnitude of 6.1.

"So we can get these kind of moderate to significant earthquakes of this size but they're relatively rare."

Thousands of people from across England contacted the BBC to described how their homes shook during the tremor.

Jemma Harrison, 22, in Bury, Greater Manchester, said: "It was really bad. I was fast asleep and woke up and the room was shaking and there was a loud bang and alarms were going off."

'Like a jelly mould'

Natasha Cavey, in Tipton in the West Midlands, said: "All my cupboard doors flew open and the whole house shook, it was unreal. I can't believe it."

David in Alrewas in Staffordshire said: "The birds were flying around like it was daylight.

"It was quite severe. I experienced the Dudley one and this was more severe.

"I went outside to see if the roof had collapsed. I could see the furniture in the room moving, it was like it was on a jelly mould."

David Somerset, 41, from Driffield near Beverley in East Yorkshire, said: "I have never felt one as strong as that one before. I was in my sitting room and the grandfather clock was rattling rather violently.

"It was very strong, I felt the whole room moving."

Philip Norton, a BBC reporter for Look North in Hull, said: "Everything started wobbling.

"The windows were rattling and the blinds were visibily moving. "It sounded like the roof was coming in."

BBC reporter Lynn Crombie in Norwich said she was "absolutely terrified" and thought somebody "had driven into the side of the house".

"Then I thought somebody must have kicked the door in and everything continued to rattle inside the house," she said.

Jamil Ali in Sheffield said: "I woke up and the first thing I thought was that there were a load of burglars in the house.

"The kids were screaming and so was my wife. It was that violent you actually moved yourself."

The West Midlands was hit by an earthquake in 2002 in the Dudley area that reached a magnitude of 5.0 and one measuring 4.3 hit Folkstone in Kent last year.

I felt it up here and it massively freaked me out. I was watching something about ghosts on telly, turned the TV off, turned the light off and next thing I know the whole room is shaking.

I used to live in California, and lived in Chile for 2 years so I know what that's like. That's one of few things that can really freak me out. You never really get used to it.

I felt it up here and it massively freaked me out. I was watching something about ghosts on telly, turned the TV off, turned the light off and next thing I know the whole room is shaking.

Yeah, it was like unpleasantly being drunk

"What's so bad about being drunk?"

Actually the line is, "It's rather unpleasantly like being drunk."

^ The fact that it makes sobriety seem totally un-fun.

Wow, you fail at life and recognizing fantastic quotes from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.