Random Thoughts....

That is the correct email to use, they probably didn't change their email filters and your email got dumped into the spam folder.

And yes, I bought my motorcycle off Craigslist.

Anybody here ever buy something off Craigslist? I've emailed two sellers for $200 manual-transmission beaters (more to come on that) via the email address at the top left corner ("sale436571337lol@craigslist.org") and they haven't replied back in a week. That IS the right email to use, right? Or are the sellers just lazy bastards who don't want to take my hard-earned money? :?

Yeah, that's the correct way of doing it. They're probably just lazy or away. I found/bought/unlocked an iPhone through CG today all in a matter of 1.5 hours, it all depends on the seller.

Although, I'm having problems posting stuff for sale on there. I submitted an ad for my Wii and even though it went through and I see it listed as active, it doesn't show up in the classifieds. Going on a limb, but anyone know why this might be happening?

So, I just got a msg from a really really good mate that his mum died on friday of cancer. I'm also excellent mates with his twin brother.

I think I'll call them now but seriously, what does one say?:cry:

Say as little as possible, just be there for him. Words tend to be very hollow in situations like that. Just ask him if you can do anything for him and tell him that you're available for any kind of help.

Say as little as possible, just be there for him. Words tend to be very hollow in situations like that. Just ask him if you can do anything for him and tell him that you're available for any kind of help.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said and I think it helped. We also talked about stuff that had nothing to do with their mum and had a few laughs which is good. I think it helped them to talk to someone outside the family about some different subjects.

They've only told 3 of us, their best mates, and we're going to the funeral on Wednesday to offer our support not only to them but also to their family:(

Man, Victorian drivers are seriously the worst drivers I've ever seen. Driving over the Westgate bridge near the Melbourne CBD, there was the woman in the white BMW who decided to pull a lane change without noticing the car that was already occupying the space she wanted. Quickly realising her mistake, she brakes, and pulls back into my lane and forced me to take evasive action into the right hand lane to avoid her. She never even saw me because she was too busy abusing the bloke to her left. Dumb fucking bitch nearly caused a massive accident and didnt even realise it.

My friend in his van nearly got wiped out by the inattentive woman who just pulled out in front of him. She realised her mistake and was quickly on the brakes, stopping neatly in the middle of the intersection and causing near chaos behind her.

Then on the Bass highway there were the countless motorcycles who just blew on past down the middle of the motorway despite the oncoming traffic! Absolutely mindblowing...though one of them went straight past the undercover cop and gone done for speeding.

Cars would often sit just below the speed limit on the motorways, but as soon as the overtaking lane approached, they'd speed up and ensure you couldnt pass. or if you did, they'd simply repass you just to get back in front. Forget slowing down for roadworks and maintaining order, a few desperate cars simply pulled out of the train and blasted down the other side of the road then barged their way back into the train a little further ahead.

I feel lucky to be alive. No wonder there are so many fatalities on rural Victorian roads (the driving standards in the city was actually pretty respectable compared to the impatient drivers of Adelaide). Was it simply because my car was wearing South Australian plates and full of young males? Most South Aussies have a very low opinion of Victorian drivers, and last weekend just confirmed many of the horror stories I've heard.

I know its probably just a very small percentage of morons, but it is still a very big problem.

Hell, its Australia. What's the probability you will meet anything except a kangaroo there? And kangaroos are supposed to be run over, or so I've heard. At least if you have a big truck.

Hell, its Australia. What's the probability you will meet anything except a kangaroo there? And kangaroos are supposed to be run over, or so I've heard. At least if you have a big truck.

You don't see many kangaroo's in this part of the country :p

and Red Bull, you're from south australia you can hardly comment on good driving :p

Let us all agree that drivers from Queensland are the worst :p

It hasn't been this nice since October (today anyway), maybe the snow will finally melt! Alllllright.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/03/untitled.JPG

It hasn't been this nice since October (today anyway), maybe the snow will finally melt! Alllllright.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/03/untitled.JPG

Oddly, it's decided to start snowing again here!

and Red Bull, you're from south australia you can hardly comment on good driving :p

Well there's bad driving (and yeah, there's a shit tonne of South Australian drivers who are pretty atrocious) but then there's suicidal.

The bad points aside, there were some good aspects, such as on the dual carriageways, everyone seemed to be in the left hand lane unless overtaking, and once they finished the manouever they returned to the left lane again. This is unheard of in SA and I was amazed at how courteous some drivers were by pulling over when I cruised up behind them. Where I'm from, you really have to fight your way past and adopt a very aggressive style of driving. Can I fit my Commodore through this gap between the lane hogging Laser in front and the Corolla to my left? Not yet, not yet, not yet...NOW! And as everyone adopts the same approach, SA roads tend to become pretty stressful places...

However, in Vic, as everyone was in the left lane and I was the only car in the right hand lane, I felt lonely and decided to join the left hand lane! :p

So, I just got a msg from a really really good mate that his mum died on friday of cancer. I'm also excellent mates with his twin brother.

I think I'll call them now but seriously, what does one say?:cry:

Repeat after me.

"I just heard. I'm very sorry. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know."

As someone who has been through that recently, I can tell you that this is the best thing to say, but only if you really mean it. At my dad's viewing someone said, "I know how you feel" when both their parents were standing right behind them. I wanted to lay them out with a punch that would have shattered the heavens themselves. Don't say something like that.

Oddly, it's decided to start snowing again here!

Has it? Do you live in that awkward part of London in a parallel universe. Honestly. Its always snowing there.

Had some pretty nice weather for the past few days... :cool:

Has it? Do you live in that awkward part of London in a parallel universe. Honestly. Its always snowing there.

It's been very windy, and there was a short flurry. Over in a few minutes, nothing settled. Still, here we call that
SNOW!

We had a little bit here. I was driving alone when it started snowing fairly heavily. It covered the road in about 10 seconds which gave me 5 minutes of sliding fun until it all melted. Guess that'll be it for this year.

If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant..

>.>

55 degrees here at Syracuse. I can actually see the sky, and it's still blue!

Naturally, it's gonna snow tomorrow. <_<

We had a bit of snow, but it all melted instantly. :(

Oh well, maybe we'll get some tomorrow.

Blue sky with a dashing of cloud here all day. Don't know where this bad weather came from but it missed us! (Yes I know it'll probably arrive tomorrow :p)