Random Thoughts....

Hai, did I ever tell you guys I finished university? :yes:

:D

^ I dunno what 2:1 means, but:

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/19/Untitled1.jpg :happy:

I don't feel like much of man, but thanks.

I'd brought up the issue before, I just felt like rubbing it in since those guys were complaining about term papers.

Congratulations! What you going to do now, further study, travel, get a job. ...?

BTW 2:1=
  • First-Class Honours (First or 1st)
  • Second-Class Honours, divided into:
    • Upper Second Class (2:1)
    • Lower Second Class (2:2)
  • Third-Class Honours (Third or 3rd)
  • Ordinary degree (Pass)
  • Fail (no degree is awarded)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_undergraduate_degree_classification

Canada is mentioned as having a similar designation so I thought I'd be safe using the nomenclature.

I love it when classes get canceled. There was a water leak in one of the buildings so they told the teacher not to show up. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing. It seems with a history/political science degree the best route is to go to graduate school, but I'm just not ready to go back to school.

Congratulations! What you going to do now, further study, travel, get a job. ...?

I've never seen that system used; we either have honours or non-honours, there aren't different classes of honours. When you apply to select a major within your faculty early on, you can choose if you want to apply to the honours program. I didn't since my GPA wasn't high enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_undergraduate_degree_classification

Canada is mentioned as having a similar designation so I thought I'd be safe using the nomenclature.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on the internet?

This means you, Shawn.

This means you, Shawn.

Strongly Disagree [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [*] Strongly Agree

NetFlix has all of Red Dwarf available for streaming online! Woot!

Because I figure people have already read the quoted text... it's just there so they can reference if they don't know what I'm talking about.

But whatever, I guess I'll conform. Starting now... I had to do it with this post. :p

This means you, Shawn.

^ I dunno what 2:1 means, but:

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/19/Untitled1.jpg :happy:

I just had to do an exit interview for graduating, basically it was a way to make sure you don't default on paying loans and screw yourself. I had a look to see what I owe in toto, and while it really isn't much, it royally pisses me off because I feel like I got crapped out of a decent education. I looked at the balance owed and thought, "Wait wtf?... I've never paid that much for anything and feel like I'm walking away with nothing!".

Needless to say I was pissy the rest of the day.

This means you, Shawn.

Strongly Disagree [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [*] Strongly Agree

I dunno what you two are complaining about. I love Shawn's top posting. I read it in context and it makes him look like the crazy uncle talking to himself. :lol:

Should I buy some stupid digital picture display screen thing and then return it for the free 2 GB SD? It seems like a really bad thing to do, but I really don't want to pay for an SD.

^^ Oh well, i'm without a diploma and owe something like 67K eur in student loans alltogether. It's a big shitload of money but thankfully the conditions for repayal are pretty nice. You pay no more than you can miss from your monthly salary and after 15 years all leftover debt is erased. So i'm not really fazed or anything.

I dunno what you two are complaining about. I love Shawn's top posting. I read it in context and it makes him look like the crazy uncle talking to himself. :lol:
Get off my lawn! :wheelchair:

I like his above quoting too, it's recognisable :)

Damn, now I can't decide whether to top post or bottom post.

Maybe I'll just be one of those people who never quote anything... like Wizegui. :D

^^ Oh well, i'm without a diploma and owe something like 67K eur in student loans alltogether. It's a big shitload of money but thankfully the conditions for repayal are pretty nice. You pay no more than you can miss from your monthly salary and after 15 years all leftover debt is erased. So i'm not really fazed or anything.

How the hell do you manage to owe them 67k? The government only gives you 11k a year, so did you study 6 to 7 years without graduating?